Kunos Update on Upcoming New Assetto Corsa Console Build

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Update News .jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a statement on the progress of the upcoming Assetto Corsa console update, promising to deliver "the best update yet" for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players...

With the current console build of the popular Italian racing simulation lagging considerably far behind it's PC counterpart, Kunos Simulazioni have looked to appease console players fears with a short statement on the progress of the new update. It is expected that the PS4 and Xbox One version of AC will be brought back in to line with the current PC build of the game, and will include the latest free content offerings from Kunos such as, amongst others, the fictional Highlands Raceway and Audi 80 Quattro released to PC back in February. Additionally the inclusion of reversed grids and an array of other technical and feature enhancements could well be joining in with the next build, marking a substantial step forward for a game that although well received by console players so far, lacks the level of depth and feature richness associated with other high profile console racing title's.

Although Kunos have promised the next build will be "the best update yet" to AC on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, no word on if players can expect to receive the long awaited multiplayer lobby functionality has been forthcoming as of yet. Indeed Kunos haven't revealed the full change log or even a release date, however with the update now finding itself working through the approvals process with Microsoft and Sony as you read this article it can only be a matter of weeks and not months until players having something new to lay their hands upon.

You can read the full statement from Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games below:

"Hi everyone! Today, we want to give our community a quick update on the status of our next major console update...

Right now, we’re finalising the last few submission blocking issues and localisations ahead of entering first party submission. This has taken slightly longer than expected but we’ve packed a lot into this update. Be rest assured, Kunos are working incredibly hard behind the scenes to make this the best update yet and as soon as we have a release date, we’ll let you guys know.

Stay tuned for more info and thanks once again for your patience and continued support!"
Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Assetto Corsa Console Update News 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Console Update News 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Console Update News 3.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to the console update for Assetto Corsa? What do you think Kunos need to do to bridge the current gap in popularity between AC and other top console racing games like Forza and Gran Turismo? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
A great game studio does not rip off consumers with false promises and a game that, quite frankly, would be a defective product were we in a courtroom. But we are not, and it's Kunos, so I give latitude. Not because of anything they did, but because of the faith the good people at RD have in them. I sure hope you guys are right. They should give us more than "getting to even" for what they pulled on us.

Thanks Paul. You are such an asset. This is as good a gaming news site as any. You have to dig a little, but your stories are top notch and usually way up front.

All I want for AC is weather. I know there are other titles that tick that box, but the physics models aren't quite up to par with Asseto. It needs rain. Good dynamic weather WITH wind would be the ultimate. Try taking Eau Rouge flat with a gusting tail wind! Very few driving sims since IndyCar Racing (Thats how old I am!) have bothered with adding wind and it's effect on the vehicle's airspeed and downforce.

We can dream.... :)

The message Kuns posted on their forums about this update some time ago promised that this update would at last include private lobbies so if that is not forthcoming your can bet there will be a major outcry. It was supposed to be submitted at the end of March so based on the comments above I guess it wad delayed a little. Really looking forward to see what this one brings and hope it brings the console version a nice jump forward.

I wish that all console user will get what they expect from the upcoming console update so they can concentrate on driving better like we do on PC side. Those tutorial video from Aris are a god send.

All I want for AC is weather. I know there are other titles that tick that box, but the physics models aren't quite up to par with Asseto. It needs rain. Good dynamic weather WITH wind would be the ultimate. Try taking Eau Rouge flat with a gusting tail wind! Very few driving sims since IndyCar Racing (Thats how old I am!) have bothered with adding wind and it's effect on the vehicle's airspeed and downforce.

Project Cars 2 has all those effects and they work great.

Wind is featured in the pit menu of Aris´s 'Go faster' videos, so it´s likely coming soon.,

I wonder...is there any difference in the pc and console version besides content? Physics and or graphics / sound wise?
Different UI (for controller instead of kb+mouse), smaller limit on number of cars. Physics exactly as the PC version they're copied from (which won't be the current PC version since PC updates happen first), graphics mostly different in that they don't get all the 4x FXAA type options at all, only a preset level that works on console.

the ui needs to come a long way. personally i would like to see tracks with multi layouts get similar ui as cars with multi err layouts!? you know S1, S2, S3...

an overall cleaner, more streamline ui is much welcome because after all less is more;)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea