Kunos Previews Version 1.5 Track Improvements

12647375_1323632514329730_1938316857838484122_n.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have outlined future developments for the upcoming version 1.5 of Assetto Corsa.

The announcement comes from the official Facebook page for the game, and makes a short recap of the development process during the last couple of years and what to expect for the track quality in version 1.5.

"The development of Assetto Corsa began in 2011. Since then, we have vastly improved our modelling techniques – today we have more resources (budget and manpower) and expertise, and the latest laser-scanning technology also allows us to obtain a better and wider scan, offering an opportunity to grab a higher number of objects surrounding the track. Moreover, during the development of Assetto Corsa, we have changed our approach to texturing and track modelling, creating more secondary details and trackside objects and also featuring 3D trees and camera-facing objects and crowds, something that resulted in nicer scenarios and better immersion. However, as a result there is now a visible gap in terms of graphics and details if you compare some of the first and the latest circuits created for Assetto Corsa.

Last year we made some tests with a new laser-scanning device, testing it at our HQ at Vallelunga race track, where we made our preliminary tests in early 2010 in preparation for the Ferrari Virtual Academy videogame. Since our aim is to offer our fans the best of our skills, know-how and quality, we are glad to tell you that we have started the process of optimizing and improving all our existing circuits, including Vallelunga, Nurburgring GP, Mugello, Magione, Imola, Silverstone, Monza, Spa Francorchamps, as well as the Nordschleife. The upgraded versions of these tracks will be available as a free update with build 1.5, currently in development.

Thank you very much for your great support!"

Update 1.5 will include the upgraded versions of all existing circuits. The update will be free, but there's no mention of an estimated release time or any other aspects of the changelog. You can check out the rest of the comparison screenshots of Vallelunga here:

12650969_1323632407663074_5236874710477723739_n.jpg 12651215_1323632344329747_7344512222940466299_n.jpg 12669575_1323632404329741_5329793163728902544_n.jpg

Stay tuned for further information, and in the mean time lets us know what you make of this!

Last edited by a moderator:
So?

By the way, have you ever cared to check yourself how much does the bumpsteer, camber etc change?

No, because I didn't open the official cars. I'm only talking about the information the blog put on their article. And nothing from there shows these cars are copy pasted in the negative sense. The files with their info are copy pasted (because isn't that how you create cars, by starting from a base file structure? especially with so similar cars) but the values seem changed accordingly to represent the new car.

I don't know why you and others keep accusing Kunos of copy pasting (in the negative sense) and haven't yet explained why the values from the newer cars can't be how they made it.

Stating facts isn't accusing ...

PS: I still want to know how much the kinematics will change by moving the suspension points few mm's up or down (which is what happens when copy pasting the geometries of a car to others).
Ask @Austin Ogonoski about that. He dug into the files of these cars, and then concluded it isn't how is supposed to be.
And he then said he talked with the guys from Mclaren and told him the cars are wrong. So in what world would the people from Mclaren share/confirm data with someone for an article and not share/confirm the data with Kunos who is simulating cars in the name of their brand?

I can fully understand cars that are new on the scene, perhaps not having the latest physics. Perhaps they haven't been able to secure the data yet? I can only hope that at some point they can "revisit" the cars in question and perhaps once better data becomes available?

Ask @Austin Ogonoski about that. He dug into the files of these cars, and then concluded it isn't how is supposed to be.
And he then said he talked with the guys from Mclaren and told him the cars are wrong. So in what world would the people from Mclaren share/confirm data with someone for an article and not share/confirm the data with Kunos who is simulating cars in the name of their brand?

And how is that related to suspension kinematics?

And how is that related to suspension kinematics?
Because we are still just going in a circle until you justify your accusations-statements.

You haven't yet explained why the values from the newer cars can't be how they made it. You're more concerned with the numbers than analyze if the result of those numbers give the correct simulation for the car in question.

And you are wrong. I have analyzed them. Now tell us, have you done that?
So far in this thread you talked about "kerb of death", "promoting his game", "copy paste", and asking me "how much the kinematics will change by moving the suspension points few mm's up or down".

Well, so far you haven't given any valuable information about this off topic subject we're discussing. Even though you claimed you did, but where? If you accuse or state that a car is copy pasted or incorrect, why all this ceremony to justify your accusations/statements/facts? Can't you get down to the subject that matters, explaining why the values from, for example the 650s gt3, aren't correct. The easy job is to say "this is wrong, this is copy pasted", but justifying those statements? Things are indeed copied from a car to another when is needed, but because copying those same values make sense, as the platform in the real car is also identical. Or if there are slight changes, why can't it be correct if both cars in real life only have slight changes too.

So far in this thread you talked about "kerb of death", "promoting his game", "copy paste", and asking me "how much the kinematics will change by moving the suspension points few mm's up or down".

The only thing I'm trying to say is that you should check the stuff by yourself, not just believe whatever that someone tells you, even more when that someone is selling you a product. And it's a general advice, not just for this case.

Well, so far you haven't given any valuable information about this off topic subject we're discussing. Even though you claimed you did, but where? If you accuse or state that a car is copy pasted or incorrect, why all this ceremony to justify your accusations/statements/facts? Can't you get down to the subject that matters, explaining why the values from, for example the 650s gt3, aren't correct. The easy job is to say "this is wrong, this is copy pasted", but justifying those statements? Things are indeed copied from a car to another when is needed, but because copying those same values make sense, as the platform in the real car is also identical. Or if there are slight changes, why can't it be correct if both cars in real life only have slight changes too.

I never said anything except stating that some geometries are copy pasted, which has been proved by some users. I don't know if the 650S GT3 is wrong or not, and honestly I couldn't care less. But I know that putting an entire suspension into another car won't change it's properties that much, for example bumpsteer (something you mentioned) won't change (or at least, shouldnt...), at all. Same with other properties like camber gain with wheel travel / roll angle, and so on, because I have checked it myself with a professional software.

And I know perfectly that sometimes it's hard (or impossible) to get hard data from manufacturers, and they might take other solutions. Not just suspensions, same can be said about other aspects of the car, drivetrain, aero, tyres etc. I have no problem with that, in fact I only talked about it because you asked me, not because I disagree with what has been done; as I said at the beginning it's better to check the facts by yourself, not by what others say, which was my point.

But I know that putting an entire suspension into another car won't change it's properties that much, for example bumpsteer (something you mentioned) won't change (or at least, shouldnt...), at all. Same with other properties like camber gain with wheel travel / roll angle, and so on, because I have checked it myself with a professional software.
Anti-dive/anti-squat and roll centre/camber depend on the wheelbase and track respectively, so even if the suspension parts were identical you end up with a different handling car. The roll centre for example is the imaginary point on the car's centre line that the suspension rotates around so moving the wheels outward (like the 650S did) will move it vertically. Likewise a wider track means more suspension travel for the same amount of body roll so camber during cornering changes.

There's a difference between copy pasting when someone doesn't know something and a difference between using the same values because they are also the right ones for the new car (which is a generation upgrade, in this case mp4-12c gt3 to 650s gt3).

Why would the devs change some values if not based on data they received? How could have they concluded the changes in numbers for the new car (be it for suspensions, drivetrain, engine, aero, tires) are supposed to be that way to correctly simulate the car?
I know about "guess work" in certain cars and happens in several sim racing games, because the manufacturer or team doesn't share, or because it doesn't actually exist. So devs need to fill in what would be appropriate.

But in this specific car you didn't justify your accusations/statements. Do you mean they copy pasted because they don't know any better, or certain sections of the numbers happen to be the same because they are indeed the numbers needed to simulate the new car?

ROFL, could you guys not have waited until Kunos released their "WIP features" announcement to cry about features there? This is a thread for track improvements and all I see is 5 pages of OT salt and the winner tag is losing all meaning here. Seems almost everyone who bashes AC gets one. Sweet.

I haven't touched AC in a while so don't know what's going on in it's scene but seeing the same 5 dudes in every single AC thread just trying real hard to smear poop all over them as if Kunos paid people to punch their mom is getting almost as annoying as the apologists. And it's the same whine every single time. Can't tell if it's childish vendetta or ego clash but this sim turned from pop corn worthy drama to sheer boredom at this point. We all get it by now, you say AC is crap while apologists say nooooo. People on sidelines go wtf is wrong with all y'all. -.-

On topic though, them gravel textures look straight outta 1995. But the other pics make it look like they are populating the track with stuff/people so they won't look lifeless like they do now hopefully. Quite a welcome addition, as the Nurb GP really needs it so that the Nords endurance layout doesn't have this abrupt quality transition every time you enter the GP section.

The whole copypaste story is simply something used by people who want to denigrate AC and interpret wrongly what devs mean when they copy paste files. Copy pasting in this case doesn't mean they just make cars without knowing anything about them. It means they are putting the same numbers where is needed for the same numbers to be, for the new car. And change numbers where numbers need to be changed.
Tell me, what's the difference between manually writing all numbers and using ctrl+c/v to save time. This doesn't mean the other numbers which were changed was a senseless action. But of course some people want to think devs don't know anything about creating cars.

do you reckon it'd turn into the same mess if Kunos made an announcement about giving away free puppies, too?
Of course :) Some people would use that by saying Kunos is a puppy hater and a cat lover. When loving cats doesn't mean they also don't love puppies.. etc..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back