F1 2010 Korea Pits all wrong?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Having just seen the race in S. Korea, isn't the pit exit all wrong?

In the game it has a couple of left hand turns before you get on the track from the pits bit in the race they merged on straight from the pits.

If I'm right is it possible to mod such a change?

Codemasters were supplied with the same blueprints that the constructors of the RL circuit used - so all the other mistakes would be explainable (like high kerbs and run off areas) but this seems a little bit hard to get wrong with the blueprints. Maybe you PC guys would be capable, but I'm stuck with the PS3 so I'm waiting till 2011 it seems.

They did a great job of the track, its not complete but you have to understand that they were trying to make a track that did not yet exist in the real world. There are differences but most of that is probably down to how things changed over time in the construction and design process. I mean they were changing things on the track right up until the qualifying.

Considering the game was out before the track was even finished they did a great job.

They did a great job of the track, its not complete but you have to understand that they were trying to make a track that did not yet exist in the real world. There are differences but most of that is probably down to how things changed over time in the construction and design process. I mean they were changing things on the track right up until the qualifying.

Considering the game was out before the track was even finished they did a great job.

I don't think it was down to blueprints or construction changes, why the pit lane was changed. On the real track the pit exit is at the first corner, and real F1 drivers would run the corner wide to let cars past, but on the game players would drive in front of you and a penalty could be given to one of the cars.

I be-leave code's changed the layout to make it game more fair and make it easier to rejoin the track, I know cars pulling out on me in quey would annoy the hell out of me.

I noticed that the run out area on turn 1 on the real track was concrete but on the game it is grass, code's did that with out doubt to stop players maintaining track position when running wide or out braking them self, sometimes devs have to trade sim for fairness.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back