1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard vs wheel

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by kelaroost, Oct 6, 2012.

1. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

My question is do you find that people who use a digital control such as a keyboard are faster all round than someone using a wheel ?
    From my experience i found i get completly owned wile racing against a player who just presses keys on his keyboard.
    Is there an advantage using a keyboard or not ?
    Or is it just a fact i suck at racing ? or is my question a valid one ?

2. well i use keyboard and i suck.......but i enjoy the game anyway.

3. Keyboard < Wheel.

4. Keyboards can be ok but you never get anything other than full throttle/brake/steering or none at all because of only pressing buttons. It's really hard to slow down without locking up if you have abs off and really hard to turn corners smoothly

• Like Like x 1
  5. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

There are few tracks i ever use full lock but one is that tight turn left at monaco but i allways seem to hit the wall there.
    That must be why im so slow.

6. Wheel = Driving pleasure :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I play both keyboard(quick races) and wheel(career),but difference is that with keyboard I have to use many driving assists(well its like arcade then),but with wheel much less assist.Wheel is better no doubt.

8. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Just ive played against others online, im doing perfect laps well im not crashing and im behind the winner by over 12 sec at the end of 3 laps.
    i ask what are his controls he says keyboard.
    Im having to back of the power mid corner to stay on the racing line and this guy sticks like glue and takes over a second a lap on one corner alone to me.
    I duno if its a fact i just suck or what but its very disheartening when you get a ass whipping from someone using keys that give no throttle control or any variable controls what so ever.

9. Wheel is for sheer driving pleasure. But unfortunately I'm 1.5 seconds slower when I drive with the wheel. I'm very much adjusted to the keyboard. Though I have driven more laps using the wheel, I still cannot match my keyboard laptimes. :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. A veteran keyboard racer do beat beginner or amateur wheel racer :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's me you're talking about! :geek:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Are there any keyboard online leagues?

13. I believe you can start one yourself :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. there is one German for sure! rFactor only!

15. we have a league www.slipstreamers.net.
    There is a mixture of keys.....wheels....and pads in our leagues. I race with keys and i am about 2 or 3 secs slower than the fastest guys using wheels or joypads.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Keyboard is slower than wheel but if you have a good setup you'll be fast than others on the wheel. I use keyboard and sometimes i have problems because others don't understand how i am faster and they vote for kick me. It was more corectly if the game can autoselect wheel players or keyboard players.Who is fast on keyboard is a cheater for others that don't have a good setup.The secret is to try or modify car setups( wings,brakes,gear, springs etc) until the lap time and car control is very good.

• Like Like x 1