• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Keep F1 2012 running while alt+tab

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Demy van Zoggel, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Demy van Zoggel

Demy van Zoggel

Ratings:
    +256
    Guys is it possible to keep your race running while you alt tab?
    The game normally goes to menu screen instead of the race continueing
    I need this for modding.

2. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +481
    Why exactly do you need it? o.O

3. Demy van Zoggel

Demy van Zoggel

Ratings:
    +256
    I want to test the correct values for mechanical failures, but this way I have to race each time instead of setting up my car in the gravel =P

4. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +481
    Oh.. Umm.. Well I don't think it's possible because when you're online the AI stops your car, doesn't drive it. :(

5. Kartik Sri Harsha

Kartik Sri Harsha

Ratings:
    +599
    Yes it's Possible Mate Just pause the game and Press Alt+enter to come out of Full screen to window Mode make the changes you want and go back to Game by pressing Alt+Enter again.

6. Strahil Kotlarov

Strahil Kotlarov

Ratings:
    +25
    There is only one way to acheive it with borderless program,just like in skyrim etc.

7. Demy van Zoggel

Demy van Zoggel

Ratings:
    +256
    Kartik Sri Harsha I dont mean that i think :p

Seems its not that easy to do so never mind guys, I thought there would be a easy way. ;)

8. Roberto Costa

Roberto Costa

Ratings:
    +480
    If i understood what you want, then i think its impossible. Even if your game doesn't pause, the file for mechanics is already loaded, no change will have effect before you restart the game (or at least quit the race and start a new one probably). :(

9. WillsB3

WillsB3

Ratings:
    +56
    Yep. Pretty sure you can't edit files "live" like this. The exception of course is sweetfx (or any external injector/program) as that's actually running custom code.

10. Demy van Zoggel

Demy van Zoggel

Ratings:
    +256
    You can start a race and then quickly press alt+tab, game keep running then. The bad thing about this is that they crash into you since you remain on start grid.