1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Keep F1 2012 running while alt+tab

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Demy van Zoggel, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Guys is it possible to keep your race running while you alt tab?
    The game normally goes to menu screen instead of the race continueing
    I need this for modding.

2. Why exactly do you need it? o.O

3. I want to test the correct values for mechanical failures, but this way I have to race each time instead of setting up my car in the gravel =P

4. Oh.. Umm.. Well I don't think it's possible because when you're online the AI stops your car, doesn't drive it. :(

5. Yes it's Possible Mate Just pause the game and Press Alt+enter to come out of Full screen to window Mode make the changes you want and go back to Game by pressing Alt+Enter again.

6. There is only one way to acheive it with borderless program,just like in skyrim etc.

7. Kartik Sri Harsha I dont mean that i think :p

Seems its not that easy to do so never mind guys, I thought there would be a easy way. ;)

8. If i understood what you want, then i think its impossible. Even if your game doesn't pause, the file for mechanics is already loaded, no change will have effect before you restart the game (or at least quit the race and start a new one probably). :(

9. Yep. Pretty sure you can't edit files "live" like this. The exception of course is sweetfx (or any external injector/program) as that's actually running custom code.

10. You can start a race and then quickly press alt+tab, game keep running then. The bad thing about this is that they crash into you since you remain on start grid.