Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

Went online last night, the game crashed twice during a race start, completely froze and I had to force quit.

Really confused about where Piboso is going with this game??? I know I've already mentioned this but they made us pay for a beta to have the full version, 20 euros is not a lot of money but it buys a lot of "full", finished, working games. They then give very little news, and when they do it seems they're not even working on the net code, just trying to fix some minor stuff. Really a shame because the ffb and graphics deserve better netcode. There's not an AI so without improvements on online play the game is useless!

Racedepartment has even given Kart Racing Pro its own category, so Piboso please come on RD and give some news and answer some questions. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

i really like the game and would love to be able to race with it - A.I. or online - but as Paul says, i have stopped playing with this because i have done all i can do with it... i have done like 1000 laps by myself and its getting pretty boring now...

This is really great news and with some of the latest tracks like Dijon, the game is really fun again at the moment. For sure you don't have to buy the game again, I think the question was, if the demo will be updated as well, and as the demo is just the unlocked version of the full game, this is very likely to me.
Now it would just be so cool, if this news reached some bigger racing sites/blogs, to create some wind and get in more players.

Looking forward to playing again, and hoping we'll get a Race Club :)

I'm not really even a fan of Karts but after I played the demo I was hooked, so I guess once the game improves and more can play the demo without major bugs, it might take off. It just has nice physics and you can feel it in the force feedback, I've had some really nice duels even with the little I've been able to play online. I think those who play Netkar might like really this game, as it's very similar in feel. (I'm probably repeating myself)

I think we should start a new topic if we want to keep discussing. "Game died already" maybe not so good if we want people to come and play! :p

So any feedback from Beta 2?

Looks pretty good so far, runs a lot smoother in general. Its got a much smaller footprint 100mb less, so I guess that's a good sign.

The feedback is very detailed and super strong now, so if you like it lighter like I do, you have to dial it down a ways.

In general from what I've tested looks like a significant improvement, not only in netcode but framerates as well. Still a Beta though so you have to expect some bugs, but that's normal. Other games are not in Beta and have errors.

Not a lot of servers back up yet but hopefully they'll be back!

PiBoSo, the creators behind Kart Racing Pro, today released Beta 2 of their title, which amongst Karting Drivers has received high acclaim. The new version mainly focuses on bugfixing and optimization, to further enhance the online experience. The download works as a demo, which is limited to offline testing, until unlocked for 20 Euro. The full version offers three different Karts and already several, mostly community-made, tracks to race on.

1.jpgkrp2.jpgkrp4.jpgkrp3.jpgkrp5.jpg

Full Changelog:
fix: online crash
fix: overtake penalty in standing start
fix: race standings on clients
fix: flying karts
fix: correct driver visor and tires sounds for rain in replays
fix: controls dead-zone
fix: calibration issues
fix: increased fov range
fix: engine sound volume distance falloff
fix: connection bug