Resource icon

Cars Kart Physics by Niels (not official Reiza content!) 1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Niels_at_home

Reiza Studios
Niels_at_home submitted a new resource:

Kart Physics by Niels (not official Reiza content!) - 3 'base' karts and a super adjustable 'Sandbox' kart with hundreds of options!

NOT OFFICIAL REIZA CONTENT! JUST A FREE / FUN (hopefully) MOD!

Also consider getting Genk, a pretty cool track to try the karts on:

I've been coming back to kart physics ever since creating my first 'real' (as in they didn't weigh 300kg) karts for RFactor 1 back in 2002.

The karts in AMS1 are still fun to play but since their release many years ago I've been changing, hopefully improving, the way they...

Read more about this resource...

Does anybody have the settings for a CSL Elite? I must be doing something wrong as anything off centre and the wheel just wants to rip round to full lock. It is hard just going in a straight line.

Update: I have tried -100% and it is much better but I think there still must be better settings.

Last edited:
Yes, I am using a CSL Elite v1.1 PC/XBox. I had the same issue but after reading the PDF 9.7 REALFEEL FORCE FEEDBACK SETTINGS. I managed to get it sorted. Here are my RealFeelPlugin.ini settings for [Karth].

[KartH]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=140.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=6
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=3.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=2.000000

My Wheel settings
SEN = 240 (better than 180 IMO)
DRI = -5
FEI = 70 (still tweaking)
FOR = 120
SPR = 120
DPR = 120
BRF = 90

The main change was -2500.000000 to 140.000000 I think the minus value made it feel like the force feedback was reversed. Give them a try and let me know how they feel.

Last edited:
Glad you enjoy the karts! AI is really confused as they don't get the 'suspension' I made. They also don't use the actual steering geometry, so they don't lift the inside rear tire, meaning they understeer in tight hairpins.

I wouldn't count on the AI ever working with this mod. It MIGHT be I spend / waste an afternoon with them at some point, but I doubt its an easy fix.

Another thing I have noticed is that the Damping Preset selector needs to say Custom and not None. The values for the sliders are the same for None as in your video but the outcome is very different.

Negative % is the correct setting for a CSL in Automobliista I believe.
These settings are from the Fanatec forum (Force Feedback Strength: -75%) :

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base +
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN AUT
  • FF 100
  • SHO 100
  • ABS User Preference
  • DRI -03
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100*
  • DPR 100*
  • BRF User Preference
  • FEI 080
*SPR and DPR values have no effect.

In-Game Settings
  • Controller Type: Wheel
  • Auto Steering Rotation: On
  • Force Feedback Effects: Pure 180Hz
  • Force Feedback Strength: -75%
  • FFB Low Force Boost: 0%
  • Steering Speed Sensitivity: 0%
  • Steering Rate: 100%
  • Throttle Rate: 100%
  • Brake Rate: 100%
  • Clutch Rate: 100%

Thank you so much, not just for the karts themselves but all the details. Details not only in terms of kart variations (Max, Max Evo, etc.) but with all the different tuning possibilities such as torque adjustments, peak power adjustments, etc. not to mention the absolutely incredible manual which I'm going to print out and read on it's own. I would have read the manual even if I never drove the mod (which I definitely will be doing), that's how impressive it is.

Passion and work like this from you and those such as yourself is a truly special gift to the world of simracing.

Thank you.

thank you so much for this mod. I will buy Automobilista 2 and will move my steering wheel out of the box just because of your physics. I was so disappointed with Kartkraft multiplayer and after the abandoned status of the game that I just gave up with races since that

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.