Just a couple of questions

Im new to Assetto Corsa just wanted to ask a couple of questions, What should I set fuel consumption to ? for say a 1967 GP car ? What should I set tyre wear to ? at the mo its set to 1x, What should I set stability control to again say for a 1967 GP car ? again for the same cars slipstream effect ?
On another part it asks about SLIPS what is it and what is a realistic setting for it ?

Many thanks

Mark

Everyone would agree to not use Stability Control. It's a video game tool to make AC feel more like Mario Karts. It's not a real thing but helps kids enjoy the game.
Second, AC is the biggest mod base driving sim, I think is pretty safe to say, so you have a lot of catching up in reading through the forums.
If you're just driving/racing UI, play with it. If you're want to race real people then I'd suggest joining a Discord channel and these settings are preset for the race.

Don't want to start a new thread, so I'll borrow this one, if no one minds. :)

A quick question from an AC novice:

Why does this game show wrong 0-100 acceleration numbers? Isn't it supposed to be a sim? Particularly, "2.1 sec" for a Nismo GT-R (which does feel a bit faster than the one from the PCars 2, in my estimation). Or 4+ s for the modded M5 F90. I suppose those numbers don't represent the real life acceleration, but rather some peculiar in-game engine values?

The numbers don't represent anything, ingame or out. It's based only on whatever the person typing the description felt like saying. It's possible some of them match real life tests, some of them match ingame tests, and some are neither. On the whole though, there is no source of "real" 0-100 numbers that you should trust over what the game says. When magazines or manufacturers test that they're setting particular conditions that don't really replicate for anyone who owns the car.

Yep, if you check something like the 993 Turbo that *every* magazine tests, you'll find a range of 0-60 and 1/4mi times, not one monolithic value, and in many cases these journalists are testing the exact same press car. And when it's not the same exact car (on the same exact day with the same exact weight of fuel, driver, and test equipment in the same conditions at the same temperature) all bets are off as every single unit off a production line will have some variance.

For what it's worth I always put the actual time I'm able to achieve with about 5 minutes of effort on the skidpad into my UI files, and I also verify that it's plausibly within the range of values reported by real-world sources.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.