'Join timeout' and occasional 'back to menu' behavior

It was a long time ago since I last played Automobilista, but I wanted to check how things were going after Brit Pack and then tried to do some MP races. 5 out of 10 tries what I get is "Join Timeout" after clicking a server shown on list.
Other times, let's say, 3 out of 10, I simply get bumped back to menu, usually after qual and when the race is about to begin, or when I enter pits (driving, not pressing ESC). If I try to get back I get the join timeout message.

I don't think I have been booted because I didn't crashed into other players or anything else - just out of the blue - zap - I get disconnected from the server and can't join anymore. Server still listed on mp list.

Problem occurs when entering thru Multiplayer option or when using VirtualXperience site, there's no difference.

My Internet connection is fine (60 Mbps), and I can play all other games without problems (even being a server on some of them, like AC or Arma3 or whatever). No hiccups, no other downloads, nada.

Reinstall didn't cure the problem. Is that something common nowadays with AMS?

Cheers

I could be wrong, but when this happens to me the culprit seems to be the server itself.
Yes Heitor, I've noticed that some servers have content listed differently that what is currently being played (for instance, the MP list shows some track/car combo and when you try to connect there is a different track/combo being played).

I've seen this a few times, I have a hunch the join is timing out, can you time how long it takes inbetween clicking the initial go button which takes you to the car choice screen and entering in game at the timing screen?
Hi Alex, usually it takes around 1 to 2 secs to go the car selection screen, and then 1 to 2 secs to start to load the track and stuff. When there's more than 2 secs delay in this second step, I know that in about 5 to 10 secs (give or take) I'll be shown the "join timeout" message.

Today I got a different thing: I joined a server that was (supposedly) racing on Johannesburg Historic, and right after loading the track I went back to menu. Trying to connect to another server (running on another track) I got the same track/car loading screen than before (i.e., Johannesburg Historic and Montanas) - I went ahead and as soon as the loading process ended I got booted to the menu again.
So far, there seems to be two kind of problems - 1st: the info that is gathered from servers is not correct / refreshed when newcomers click to join (yes, I refresh the list every few secs), and 2nd - there seems to be a problem booting people from games that they are already in.

Don't know if this is important or not, I always order the MP list by number of players (most players on top) and only try to enter on non-passworded servers (of course). :)

Cheers

Doesn't that mean the server crashed?
Yes, maybe well be it, Will, but this would mean that there are more servers failing than before... that why I asked in the first topic if this kind of thing is more "common" nowadays or if it's just bad luck. At least once I remember being with other 5 people qualifying, and then when finally came the time to race (the exact moment where everyone goes to be put on the grid) - zap - I was back to the menu and couldn't join anymore (the server was still listed). Guess it was because the race was undergoing (so you can't join a race in development). After that, several other "warps to menu" happened in a somewhat alarming frequency, along with the "join timeout" thing.

When it crashes the server admin needs to restart it so if it stays open all day long it may crash when people aren't looking at it.
This week our server crashed a lot, more than normal, we use mods tho. This never happens in race in our case, usually after one guy practice alone and leaves

I noticed too that since a few days, our 2 league servers ( Free access servers ) are regularly crashing but remain displayed in the list.

Trying to join, myself, the server I knew had crashed just looking at the server utils on our remote server, .... made my game nearly crash when I tried to enter this server.

I think a better explanation of how to parameter Multiplayer.ini or/and plr should be a must for the admins who were not accustomed to RF1 or Reiza server administration.
( like myself for example. ;) ).
No name of my league here ... according surely to RD site rules in this case.

( Not sure in this case Steam servers system is perfect or not causing problems for a unknown reason ? )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back