Cars Jaguar XJ13 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, going to this level, the reason why I got so upset over the paint is due to suspension of disbelief. The paint on the .97 (and precrash model in .99) probably isn't accurate either, but it seems realistic and natural enough for me to not notice the issue with it.

When the paint seems so weird compared to everything I've seen before, including kunos cars, that suspension of disbelief broke and I could only see the problem from that point forward. There are tons of good things about this mod, really, everything else about this car (from what I can tell) is either good, great or awesome. Just can't see all that when the paintwork looks alien.

Also modding by now is terribly biased towards the modeling.
We can’t all go and drive a real XJ13 to properly judge the physics, so unless something stands out as bad most will assume its correct, no reason not to.

But we can all fire up google and see hundreds of pictures, therefore its easy to make comparisons visually. Not really surprising this is the focus, as its the most visible and obvoous area when something is off.

If you dont like people doing that maybe publishing mods isnt for you. Either accept the criticism and use it to improve, or simply ignore it and do your own thing. Both approaches are fine - you know as well as i do, we make these for ourselves, and if other people like it then consider it a bonus.

First of all it is not obviously off. It maybe for you with random or Kunos default values from some car, but for me it is not, if any bit of it is off then it is not much. The example you put in, Garry, is way too heavy setting, good to have an impact for people who comes here to check out, of course they follow your melody. To me heavier settings also has bad effects, which then looks off in some other situations. To me it is design decission, to you it is issue. Perhaps I could have used just tiny bit more of it, but in all this is stupid to even argue about such small thing of a free mod.

What is annoying to me is your understanding that you have to ignore or agree. I choose to disagree to things which I don't feel right, or not completely right. So what ? You aren't used to that too ? I can welcome some criticism, and I can deny some, I see no issue there, but you do. To me it is really annoying that you think criticism can only be agreed or ignored. I will always defend, and if feedback is good then it will win, maybe there could be a consensus, but with guy like you, it doesn't seem so. And who are you to say if publishing a mod is not for me, this is low key offensive statement.

I still haven't seen any particulary decent feedback, which wouldn't be made to put me down.

I would like to know people enjoy mod, I consider it quality mod despite possible little issues and missing few little things. Least I need a narcisist modder to come in to tell me how slightly off something is (which isn't). But instead I see how terrible are the issues that some shaders seems slightly off (which IMO not), or how should I have worked harder because I accidently disabled knock-off blurs on two wheels (which is an issue, totaly missed out) - SHOULD HAVE WORKED HARDER :)

Almoast afraid to say it....but...the rear lights don’t shine through the glass now some alpha missing on a shader perhaps? Brake lights work ok..
Love this mod by the way, thanks for the continued time and effort you put into it.

First of all it is not obviously off. It maybe for you with random or Kunos default values from some car, but for me it is not, if any bit of it is off then it is not much. The example you put in, Garry, is way too heavy setting, good to have an impact for people who comes here to check out, of course they follow your melody. To me heavier settings also has bad effects, which then looks off in some other situations. To me it is design decission, to you it is issue. Perhaps I could have used just tiny bit more of it, but in all this is stupid to even argue about such small thing of a free mod.

What is annoying to me is your understanding that you have to ignore or agree. I choose to disagree to things which I don't feel right, or not completely right. So what ? You aren't used to that too ? I can welcome some criticism, and I can deny some, I see no issue there, but you do. To me it is really annoying that you think criticism can only be agreed or ignored. I will always defend, and if feedback is good then it will win, maybe there could be a consensus, but with guy like you, it doesn't seem so. And who are you to say if publishing a mod is not for me, this is low key offensive statement.

I still haven't seen any particulary decent feedback, which wouldn't be made to put me down.

I would like to know people enjoy mod, I consider it quality mod despite possible little issues and missing few little things. Least I need a narcisist modder to come in to tell me how slightly off something is (which isn't). But instead I see how terrible are the issues that some shaders seems slightly off (which IMO not), or how should I have worked harder because I accidently disabled knock-off blurs on two wheels (which is an issue, totaly missed out) - SHOULD HAVE WORKED HARDER :)
Relax man :roflmao:

Funny for you Gary, for me it is pretty much messed up week forward. Having the whole project reduced to few little bits, "Alien paint" - amazing. I imagine how DRM modders feels having their huge work reduced the same way. This community is imploding. Don't know maybe loads of people started using internet only to spread negativity these days. I can't wait to see people complaining that physics are unusual, because they are a bit, and I love it. Can't wait... already prepared.

Funny for you Gary, for me it is pretty much messed up week forward. Having the whole project reduced to few little bits, "Alien paint" - amazing. I imagine how DRM modders feels having their huge work reduced the same way. This community is imploding. Don't know maybe loads of people started using internet only to spread negativity these days. I can't wait to see people complaining that physics are unusual, because they are a bit, and I love it. Can't wait... already prepared.
Eh, we have all had our projects criticised, look through our threads, the reviews. According to them I should either delete or 100% redo the 996, everything about the Audi's physics is wrong, sound also sucks. I'm pretty much on my own in the Lotus wip thread; according to some PMs I'm also wasting my time on weird cars instead of doing Nissan's finest.
But I also simply see the download numbers rising, see people do reviews on YouTube - it's the same with your cars and tracks. Learn to focus on that.

The world ain't roses and sunshine. Never was and never will be. Either you have to brush it off or get out now. Otherwise it will continue to eat at you as it clearly has. Take a break and step away from all forums for a few weeks. You will be amazed how good you feel not reading all the nonsense.

Yes there are real problems. For example, my Opel Omega is being eaten by rusts, I am not sure about its paint shader either... And a ton more stuff.

Meanwhile I still hope people won't consider XJ13 obsolete because few stupid, or maybe stupid bits... Because thats how it works I have noticed. I knowI won't see screenshots, but at least someone will have fun driving.

Hi, i am sorry but i believe that this version is a drawback regarding physics.
Actually the car feels broken as it is. IMO.
Graphics also i think that the shaders are way off.
Sound wise is way better though.

Ok, waiting for more now. I expect everyone who was sharing bad opinions about DRM mod, to have equally bad opinions about XJ, perhaps even worse as it is obviously an older car. It is weird that you like Cobra though, I think it shares some qualities in terms of handling (not much but still has similarities because era) of course, the model is way off as it turns out :cool:

Basically what will happen is that one will repeat what other said and so on.

Last edited:
Nothing, everything is ok, you have opinion, I have opinion. I think the more time we will hear similar opinion the more other guys will pick it up, sadly seems thats the pattern. For me it is too plain simple, broken/broken/meh. Same pattern like most had with DRM mod (10+ cars)

Of course we are just different people we might look after different simulations, there is no way around, we have to respect each others opinions :)

As for moddel - doesn't matter anymore.

(I have answered this to "?" I really have to stop to care that much, trolls will eat me up :D)

Ok, waiting for more now. I expect everyone who was sharing bad opinions about DRM mod, to have equally bad opinions about XJ, perhaps even worse as it is obviously an older car. It is weird that you like Cobra though, I think it shares some qualities in terms of handling (not much but still has similarities because era) of course, the model is way off as it turns out :cool:

Basically what will happen is that one will repeat what other said and so on.

I don't understand what my opinion about (some cars) of DRM mods is mentioned.
0.97 version feels natural. It's actually one of my all favorite mod car.
0.99 version feels really weird = the front end is all over the place, the front tyres bites way too much and the front suspension feels like has some skew movement, it's like moves parallel to the ground (i am sorry but i can't express myself better).
Feels broken.

Of course i can't tell which car is more realistic but i doubt that the original had a handling like that.

PS I am not a troll dude, just giving feedback.

I am making a comparison video, if it helps.

edit

Look how much more natural driving is with 0.97. i can guide her with throttle.
With 0.99 the nose will go right-left.

Last edited:
Well I remember you disliking 0.97, so to me this is getting quite sketchy.. You are troll.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/jaguar-xj13-featured-on-rd.46842/page-2

Post crash XJ has lots of scrub radius in front. Tires has a bit more relaxation length and flex, and have a bit more individuality per front vs rear, which on the limit results in more steering actions, car is less direct, less powerslide on rails thing. But those effects are rather gently, definitely doesn't break the car, improves it. Not for everybody i guess :) And that is very good. Because if everyone loved it, it would be wrong.

I wonder what rFactor people would think about this mod in AC.

0.97 is indeed a little strange at the back, with loose feeling.
But 0.99 is really weird, the front end wash out. For me it's worse.
I edited my post with a video.

Thanks for effort doing video, Jim. Yes looks bad unexciting.

But I just drove it there, to me it is super alive, i do lots and lots of steering inputs, the car is very alive. I also was about 1s-2s faster in fast grip 22C setting. The way you drive it looks like you can only take turns with a single steer input which initially is very slow and lazy, but the way you should drive this car there, you should do plenty of sawing and literally throw in the car into corners with rather heavy steer in in most of these corners.

Unfortunately my internet sucks big time, I would upload my onboard.

Anyway.. maybe the car is just not for you. End of story and it is not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back