• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Jaguar F-Type to Feature in Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,363
    Project CARS 2 Jaguar F Type.jpg
    Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed the brand new Jaguar F-Type SVR will feature in the upcoming Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC racing game Project CARS 2.

The F-Type is one of the legendary Jaguar brand's more recent performance cars and will be coming to Project CARS for the first time it has been confirmed by Slightly Mad Studios. The reveal from SMS adds yet another new for the franchise car and is one that is sure to arouse considerable interest from petrol heads looking forward to getting their hands on this stunning machine.

Launched by Jaguar as a direct rival to the main power house performance luxury manufacturers currently dominating the performance car marketplace, the vehicle has quickly helped re-establish Jaguar as a key player after a recent history littered with hit and miss successes over the past decade. Packing an incredible 5.0-litre supercharged V8 running to 567hp and capable of producing 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.5 seconds and to a top speed of 322 km/h (200 mph), the F-Type SVR is the first Jaguar since the now classic XJ220 to reach that magical 200 mph - promising to be one of the most refined driving experience ever produced from the British marque.

Rear wheel drive, ample power, refined sports handling and Jaguar looks... what isn't to like?

In other Project CARS 2 content news the studio have posted another couple of tempting images from the upcoming game, this time showing off a pair of rather attractive Nissans in the form of the road going Nismo GT-R and the race prepared and ridiculously powered 300ZX Turbo, as can be seen below:
    Project CARS 2 Nissan.jpg Project CARS 2 Nissan 300ZX Turbo.jpg

We know Project CARS 2 will be shipping with over 170 cars at initial launch and already we have an idea about some of the cars expected to feature within the game. If you want to keep an eye out on what's been confirmed or leaked so far, check out the Project CARS 2: The Cars Revealed So Far thread (regularly updated) to stay abreast with the latest reveals.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of 2017.

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Looking forward to getting behind the (virtual) wheel of the F-Type? What other Jaguar's would you like to see coming to PC2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Another Road car...what is it with these people :rolleyes:

Arr follow me, and I will give you racing cars that don't eat the ozone layer :p:D:)

Shaun

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +465
    I think you missed that last one. ;)

4. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    What did I miss?? LOL

5. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +351
    Oh boy..only 199 cars to go before release:rolleyes:

• Wow Wow x 1
  6. Mr Latte

Mr Latte
    Premium

Ratings:
    +305
    1st screen is awesome...
    Look = new improved wetter rain.

7. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +395
    Yes I am. I can't remember the last time a Jaguar was available to drive in a sim as a piece of official content.

If they have this it would be awesome if they included the Emil Frey Jaguar in the GT3 class. Would be nice to have.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +465
    That would be cool, but I would prefer something a bit older, and with two less cylinders...

9. Celestiale

Celestiale
    Premium

Ratings:
    +386
    F-Type my favourite price/performance car.
    True successor of the E-Type.
    Best car Jaguar has made since the E-Type.
    When it came out first i only heard the designation, couldn't believe it's such a good car.
    Couldn't believe Jaguar is still capable of those good things...
    I'll buy it next (not the SVR though :().
    Can't wait to try it out. Pcars really have to get it right with physics and FFB this time, comparable to Assetto Corsa. The cars i have driven IRL feel soo similar compared to AC (e.g. the annoying understeer from the 718 Boxster), while in Pcars 1 every road car feels like understeering ****. I hope they get it right...then i am very much looking forward to my favourite car.
    Now Aston 11 please, and it'll be perfect

10. Klaas de Haan

Klaas de Haan

Ratings:
    +4
    Really hope they get their stuff together with the performance, especially on AMD GPU's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +382
    Yeah, looks great. Shame it's only a render ...don't you think ?

12. Mr Latte

Mr Latte
    Premium

Ratings:
    +305
    I assumed they are all captured from within the game, could be wrong?

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +355
    I was under the impression that the newest version of the F type was all wheel drive.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  14. Tobiman

Tobiman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +171
    The SVR is AWD not the type R.

15. el chasco

el chasco

Ratings:
    +2
    I prefer road cars or exotic racecars instead cars that you can find in all car games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Riblo

Riblo

Ratings:
    +100
    yes... if this not ends into a one-make races simulator...

17. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Jaguar = Old peoples carrier :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. RufGTI

RufGTI

Ratings:
    +44
    Well at least the Nissan GT-R is the Nismo one...

19. Joe Moore

Joe Moore

Ratings:
    +114
    Nice to see Rene back .

• Like Like x 4
  20. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +63
    I guess it's a real in-game shot. They fed us only in-game shots so far and considering pCARS has already the ability to produce some kind of cool shots in the rain, it's definitely the game ;)