ISO Grifo A3C @ Zolder - Tuesday May 11th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

isogrifo.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: ISO Grifo A3C (Download HERE or HERE)
Track: Zolder
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes (No Practice session for Race 2, we will go straight to Qualification after a short break.)
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only
Note3: I don't know if it will help or hinder, but here it is...My setup for this car.

Attachments

• CDGrifo.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 320
In the brute force/ignorance qoutient, I find the ignorance in ascendancy.. lol.

I can't remember, the last time I did anything with GTL. Just as the Kadett came up as a race event, I was forced offline. Five weeks without internet access, I just went silly, with excitement, when I got back on. Nothing but rF though, so I'm really looking forward to this.

And no, the server doesn't seem to be running.

The car is just mental and a lot of work.....Race1 from pole but mugged quite soon and i threaten to storm my way to back of the pack but get a grip and then have to avoid a big bit of roadblock style mayhem at the chicane,the only path is across and take the cut penalty,a great wee dice with Eck,following for ages it felt like until he got all wobbly at the chicane and i nipped past,and then had him stuck close behind the remaining laps to the line!..

Race2 pole again and away cleaner and a good T1 this time also so no muggings :),Ryan in pursuit and im gradually winding up the speed as i settle in,but then completely run out of all talent and get very messy and promptly lose the lead,i find i can close in and keep in the chase until i brake a little too late for the chicane and "dunk" into the back of Ryans car sending us both balleting over the gravel,i come off miles worse off ending up the wrong way and dropping to 4th,good tussle with Amir to settle 3rd place,i was grateful to able to take that and call it night with the Grifo! :p.
Cheers to all there making a nice loud grid.

Thank You (i think?) :p Carlos & RD

Wow. You guys must be tired after that one lol. I'm glad I have my little pad, cuz if I had to use a wheel for these beasts, I probably would have passed out.

I thought you guys were going to vote me off the Racing Staff after Race 1. :tongue:
I even gave you all the chance to drive something else in fear that you might never again join one of my events.:D

But I guess you guys like a challenge now and then. And a challenge it was.
For me, it was the most difficult car I have ever driven in GTL, period. Nothing else comes close.

Race 1 reminded me of RDHGP S4, battling with my buddy Tom. Then in the last few laps Tom has a major spin right before the S/F line. I couldn't get the beast to steer quickly enough and I clipped his front end which sent me flying into the right barrier. After that I had some nasty front suspension damage and my car was pulling hard to the left. I think Tom's car was also badly damaged. We were both taking turns at going offroading and spinning the beast after that, but we still brought them home in the end.

Race 2 was spectacular. Stu, Tom, and I had a blast trading places through the race. For a long while we were all right next to each other, very close. We even traded places in the last lap I think. I was concentrating so hard at not spinning the beast lol.

I owe you guys an easy (easier, never easy hehe) car and track combo for next week to make up for what I put you through tonight lol.

Ab Fab tonight gents. Thanks Carlos and RD.

The first race started ace. Gary and I made contact at turn one, a couple of laps in. Both going for the same apex. I avoided contact with Ryan and Amir, unfortunately, there was no avoiding Stu after I'd been bumped into him. I did lead, but I made a mistake n decided discretion was the better. I let Gary through, followed him home. Grats Gary.

The second, started abismally, from the front row.. lol. I lost three places, eventually got back to third. I probably would have finished there, had Gary n Ryan not had contact. I got the lead, because of their incident. I had Ryan in close company, all the way to the end. I made it, I best cherish it though, I can't see them doing that for me again... lol.

Great racing, as always. Thanks again.

First race didn't last long unfortunately. Sorry to Eck(I think?) who I hit in the hairpin. Computer issues. I was running calculations on 3 cores and GTL on the last core, but the simulations crashed and I suffered from poor framerate that lap. I managed to close all the calculations but got some weird errors the next lap and decided to quit and restart the PC

In the second race my computer was running much smoother and had a great time in the Grifo. Especially the last part when tires was a little worn:)

I was really surprised by the Grifo. It thought it would be much more GT-like and forgiving. But I like a challange and had a great time with it. Really interesting handling characteristics.

Thanks Carlos and RD for another great event:good:

Well what to say a bout the Grifo ,not easy is an understatement an not making mistakes is all most impossible ,the nice sing is the Sound.

I admire the guys that did 1.52 with it, my fastest time 1.56 in race 2 ,(now I now why I like the TCR so much)
Race 1 was the best for me Q on p 8 an fin. on p9 did had a good start but in T2 I get passed by a few on the inside but thanks to some collisions got back to p9.
Race 2 was not easy good start again bud hit somebody in turn one don't no whom, sorry for that,waited on the outside an let the field pass, resume on p 12 an stay there for a while until Jack go off past him the I go off, Jack go by make a few offies my self an then Jack off a gain so fin on p 11.
Good racing Jack .
All an all it was a good event hope Carlos take it a little easy the next time ( completely worn out) lol

Thanks Carlos for a good event it is always a gamble to try something new .:)

Wow, after reading the post above, great stuff gents.

Carlos, your doing a great job and yes it's nice to have a challenge now and then.

Although this car is a beast I enjoyed myself in it to my suprise. My challange tonight was to just finish the races without throwing it of track. I did have a couple of minor errors but nothing drastic.

Race 1; started at the back due to quali run not going to plan but as I said my aim was to drive within myself and bring it home. I did this and managed to pick up some places due to other having last minute offs & collisions, job done, success.

Race 2; after some last minute changes, thx Mr T, the car felt even better and quali went well as well. Starting at the back of the mid pack got through the T1 carpark and settled down to my own race. As the Tom, Carlos, Stuart train were fighting it out ahead I manged to close in. This was as close as I got as I wasn't going to push it any harder for fear of either tagging one of them or going off myself. Put in better times and finished the race, another success.

Thanks to Carlos for all the effort he puts into these events, cheers man, thx to all that showed up to make it another great nights racing in the GTL club & well done to Gary Lennnnnno & Eck for the wins.

P.s. love Mr L's signup thread. :pray:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back