Is this game dead?

Hello Everyone,

I am doing the grand tour of all sim / simcade racing games on the PC and someone on the Assetto Corsa forums recommended RaceRoom Experience so I downloaded it. I thought it was pretty cool for what free content is available but when I went to the multiplayer lobbies I saw literally 2 servers with 2-3 poeple in them..... Even the DLC lobbies have noone in them so what gives? Do poeple only play this game with leagues or something ?

I've just discovered this!

Was a massive fan of previous SimBin stuff as the racing was very close and you could actually lean on/get leaned on and not disappear off sideways at the slightest touch. Great physics too.

Still working out which stuff to buy

In general the USA crowd likes oval racing, though it saddens me to say so. Always been that way. Thus, the Euro time zones dominate most leagues online except for oval leagues, but they exist. RRE is still a viable SIM, though not as popular as AC

I live in western canada and been racing online since 2005.....searching out a sim (own them all) that has decent online numbers in evenings and sadly with each passing yr the online base keeps getting smaller and smaller in north america.
North americas main audience is on console, if your able to race during uk peak times pretty much all the pc sims will have a good amount of lobbies.
Following steam charts the 2 most popular titles are AC and Pcars 2 with iracing following but depends what coast your on as from my experience it dies off pretty quickly after 9pm est which is only 6pm on the west coast.

As for Raceroom....i ve been a big fan of Simbin/Sectors3 as the content they have brought to there titles have been some of my favorite rl series. Raceroom is a great title and ive enjoyed it greatly over the yrs, I think what holds it back from being very popular is the lack of modern tech compared to its competitors.
Hopefully with the release of GTR3 and the switch to the unreal engine it will fill those voids and become a more popular title as it already has a great base to work with.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.