DiRT Rally Is there no way to change difficulty?

Mark Gormley

#14 | The Silent Killer
I really do not like this automatic moving up and down championships the career mode does.

I'm in the situation now where I'm moving through the different car classes, and I'll get promoted to the top championship, which is too difficult for me without memorising every corner of every stage, plus my car will have no upgrades. I'll lose, get relegated to the 4th tier championship, have an upgraded car and usually win the championship (I can usually win Germany and Monte-Carlo and come 2nd-4th in Greece and Wales). Then I'll get promoted to the top championship again but I'm changing car class, so I have no upgrades! So I basically have to do every championship twice.

Is there no way to just set the difficultly so it's always the same? There must be a config file somewhere I can change this.

Have you figured it out or did someone help you. I am interested in slowing the ridiculous AI times down a bit so I can get achievements. I will never beat them or come close. Im just not that good and never will be. I have 250 hours in and only won one championship. I have nothing left to do but get some achievements and beating up the AI some would make me feel much better.

I am currently getting whipped in the RX championship at the first level, came in 7th after screwing up my semi race......I think in Custom Championship you can choose your level, but you recieve less payout at the lower ones. The standard championships are pretty hard, but that probably realistic...in real life I couldn't use "reset" after hitting a tree! It would be nice to 'dumb' down the AI a bit.

Have you figured it out or did someone help you. I am interested in slowing the ridiculous AI times down a bit so I can get achievements. I will never beat them or come close. Im just not that good and never will be. I have 250 hours in and only won one championship. I have nothing left to do but get some achievements and beating up the AI some would make me feel much better.

And what is the point to get/have achievements you cannot deserve for? For some reasons there is some difficulty set to make achievement to be the achievement. Otherwise all of these might be given after first start of the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back