1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Is there less grip since the latest update?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Dan Allen, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

...is there less grip on the tracks since the latest update (21.13)? I've got the track setting to the Fast setting and I'm losing grip on the same corners constantly i.e. coming out of Maggotts at Silverstone.

Bloody frustrating me. I'm using the same setups which worked well before the update and can no longer get away with what I used to be able to get away with :/

Am I going mad or is this something other people experienced too? Whatever it is, it's damn frustrating!
  2. I thought I was imagining that I had less grip. Nice to know I'm not the only one imagining it. Shared delusion is much better :)

Honestly though I've had so little time to play in the last month I'd have to do a bit more testing to be sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. @Dan Allen
    You should've expected to find less grip, if you set the track to anything other than Optimum.
    These options have the following numerical values:

Session Start: 100
    Lap Gain:1

Session Start: 97
    Ramdomness: 20
    Lap Gain: 20

Session Start: 92
    Ramdomness: 20
    Lap Gain: 10

Session Start: 94
    Ramdomness: 15
    Lap Gain: 60

Session Start: 86
    Ramdomness: 30
    Lap Gain: 50

Session Start: 83
    Ramdomness: 10
    Lap Gain: 18

Explaination of Randomness value:
    "Randomness adds or subtracts a percentage to the starting grip.

Example for the "old" preset:
    Session Start: 86
    Ramdomness: 30

Means that the starting grip is 86%, but with a random margin of +/- 3%. Think that even 1% difference is CLEARLY noticeable while driving."
    directly from Kunos

Lap Gain:
    Value of number of laps per car to add 1% grip.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Andrej Svajger

Andrej Svajger
    Premium Member

So for an "old preset" race with a grid of 9 cars, after 15 laps, grip would be 15*9/50 = 3% higher than at the start of the race?
  5. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Thanks for explaining Georg! I didn't know about these stats before, very helpful indeed.
  6. Sort of, yes - taking the grip randomness out of the equation.
    15*9/50= 2,7 to be precise. The grip level is accurate to the third decimal place.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. I suppose (I have to check - I don't know yet) in hot-lap mode the track is set to "OPTIMUM".
    That means that every lap adds a 1%?:O_o:
  8. No, 100% is the maximum level of grip.

In optimum the track starts in perfect conditions (100% grip) and it remains at this level all the time.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium Member

Very appreciated this explanation, thank you. But for a beginner like me, what would be the option that is closest to reality ?
    green : maybe !
  10. In the real world tarmac grip varies a lot depending on numerous factors. So chose whatever you feel like because all of them simulate reality.

If you are hot-lapping or testing a set up, go for optimum (constant 100% grip), as this way you have one variable less to worry about.
    • Like Like x 1