1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Is there a way to... remove hands?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Peter Kerényi, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Hey guys. Simple question needing a simple answer. Google didn't help me. The hands are all right but sometimes they get in the line of sight too much. I am running every other sim with moving wheel + no hands. Except for PCARS of course, it can't be done there.

So is there a .cfg or .plr line that can be changed to remove hands? Thanks :)

2. No need to go digging into config files. Launch rF2, Options, Display tab, Steering Wheel is the location. Select Off, No arms, On, or Fixed (e.g. stationary).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Options ==> Display ==> Steering Wheel : Choose whatever fits you.

GRAB_019.JPG

Or if you are already on track (With the FR3.5 I like to see a static wheel for the DRS lights)
    Settings ==> Display ==> Steering wheel : Choose whatever fits you.

GRAB_018.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  4. Oh my has it been there since the beginning? I feel a bit dump now. Thank you thank you :D

5. Lol. It's been there since rFactor 1.

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. For some reason I always thought it's a yes/no setting and didn't bother checking it. Furthemore I have not seen an rF2 video on youtube without hands. That made me think it's not there. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Lol, never thought of it in that way. :D

But in replay mode the wheel and the hands are always there. Maybe that's why. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1