1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Is the Alfa Romeo 156 competitive?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marc Good, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Hey there, as I have seen on the current live timing table for the WTCC league there is no Alfa 2007 around (..ok, now there is one with a time of 2.13.xxx..). Is the reason that it is not competitive with the other cars of this field? I only managed to get some 2.05 times and as I have seen in the setup-topic from Bram there are only such times mentioned.

So is the Alfa such slower than the other 2007 cars or am I just that slow and nobody likes that car?

2. It really depends on the track with the Alfa, but it is by no means a bad car - personally i really like driving it.

The Alfa is usually better around tracks with long quick corners than tight, twisty tracks. It seems to wheelspin quite a lot, but has a lot of straightline speed.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

With the right setup i am convinced it still can be a great league car! But the currently leaderboard standing are not really representative. Check back later during the week and you see a lot more times with alfa's i am sure :)

4. Alright, I hope to see some competitive times.. but is it realistic to break the 2.04 times with an alfa? :confused:

5. I am pretty sure i can do a 2:02 with the Alfa as well, there is not too much difference within the FWD cars

6. Hmm, ok then - back to practice for me.. I'm still working on a setup for this car. Thank you the opinions.

7. I Managed to break the 2,02 barrier at Istanbul but as someone said it depends on the track, Anderstorp is deffinatly not a Alfa track.

But the Alfa is slower than other cars but not with much, at least it is for me.