1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Alfa Romeo 156 competitive?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marc Good, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Hey there, as I have seen on the current live timing table for the WTCC league there is no Alfa 2007 around (..ok, now there is one with a time of 2.13.xxx..). Is the reason that it is not competitive with the other cars of this field? I only managed to get some 2.05 times and as I have seen in the setup-topic from Bram there are only such times mentioned.

So is the Alfa such slower than the other 2007 cars or am I just that slow and nobody likes that car?
  2. It really depends on the track with the Alfa, but it is by no means a bad car - personally i really like driving it.

The Alfa is usually better around tracks with long quick corners than tight, twisty tracks. It seems to wheelspin quite a lot, but has a lot of straightline speed.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

With the right setup i am convinced it still can be a great league car! But the currently leaderboard standing are not really representative. Check back later during the week and you see a lot more times with alfa's i am sure :)
  4. Alright, I hope to see some competitive times.. but is it realistic to break the 2.04 times with an alfa? :confused:
  5. I am pretty sure i can do a 2:02 with the Alfa as well, there is not too much difference within the FWD cars
  6. Hmm, ok then - back to practice for me.. I'm still working on a setup for this car. Thank you the opinions.
  7. I Managed to break the 2,02 barrier at Istanbul but as someone said it depends on the track, Anderstorp is deffinatly not a Alfa track.

But the Alfa is slower than other cars but not with much, at least it is for me.