PC1 Is Project Cars realistic?

• Deleted member 113561

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=18696&game=None&title=Global Game Awards 2015 Results: Best In Gaming
Project CARS is Best Sim of 2015 at Global Game Awards ^^

Postedit: I wanted to add orginally that even the "Global Game Awards" think its a Simulation (as in AC, iRacing, rF2) and so they think its the best one in 2015 - so this isnt offtopic as it answers the question from their side if PCARS is realistic ... I wanted to orignally add it but I know some *censored* would come with some idiotic replies if i would write it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This only prove that those awards are pure marketing and have nothing to do with quality at all. Same goes for car of the year, engine of the year bla bla....

Dont get me wrong I own Pcars and ejoy it but best sim.... there is no best sim at this point.
You have to remember and I am not arguing the Marketing side of the equation that these awards generally look to the best sellers first on all platforms. The PC only titles may get overlooked a bit because sales figures dwarf that of the console sale numbers. So that FTMP leaves pCARS going up against the Forza and Gran Turismo titles so I think they have it right.

• Deleted member 113561

On topic. Project cars is realistic in a simcade sense. :thumbsup: It's very good though and I enjoy it a lot.
But poll option 2 is my pick.
Disagree - PCARS is a full Sim as in rF2

Postedit: Interesting, like an orchestra "Andy Jackson" "Metzger82" "David Cordell" rated my thread funny - missing the disagree / dislike button? I get so much funny smileys yeay :D

I agree - PCARS is a sim in the simcade sense as in Grid or Ridgeracer.

Postedit: Interesting, like an orchestra "Andy Jackson" "Metzger82" "David Cordell" rated my thread funny - missing the disagree / dislike button? I get so much funny smileys yeay :D
Keep the posts here on topic Neuer31 as per Andrews instruction. Don't worry about the smiley ratings, they won't actually hurt you or cause you to lose any sleep hopefully. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
edit: my offer to pay for you to become a contributing premium member and race with us still stands. OK? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Disagree - PCARS is a full Sim as in rF2

I clicked on funny as well. You say pcars is as much a sim as RF2 which is funny as your answers are obvious and you seem to be repeating the same things over and over. I disagree, pcars is nowhere near the sim of RF2. Pitstops are not sim like nor is the ffb.

• Deleted member 113561

I clicked on funny as well. You say pcars is as much a sim as RF2 which is funny as your answers are obvious and you seem to be repeating the same things over and over. I disagree, pcars is nowhere near the sim of RF2. Pitstops are not sim like nor is the ffb.
Keep the posts here on topic Neuer31 as per Andrews instruction. Don't worry about the smiley ratings, they won't actually hurt you or cause you to lose any sleep hopefully. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
edit: my offer to pay for you to become a contributing premium member and race with us still stands. OK? :thumbsup:
Youre no Mod nor an Admin ... you cant tell me what i can say or not say

I know :thumbsup:

PCARS is a Sim as in rF2. Especially per definition, not about features. rF2 and PCARS are fundamentally different in the sense of: 1 is mainly thought for modding the other one is a "finished" package. I mean the quality across the vehicles & tracks is a lot better in PCARS than in rF2. On the other side rF2 has a more dynamic track surface. (and etc. as I could do more such comparisons)

You exactly know why there are no manual pitstops. Its licensing thing. I mean i could say on the other side: iRacing, rF2, Assetto Corsa have either NO PITCREW (totally not Sim) or a really simple & ugly looking one. (but yes PCARS pit crew is not yet out but previews look really good).
Proper pitcrew should be also part of a good simulation. As is manual control in Pitlane. No Sim atm is offering this. So your argument is invalid.

the only thing missing from pcars is hardcore tyre simulations but every other things are in, like i dunno brake temps(not in AC lol) dynamic race line. Most thing abt simcade is how physics adjusted in Pcars -not that they missing ,but they rather adjusted for more forgiving gameplay like grip levels tire degradation and heating etc(even then AC have even more grip on optimum track on ABS TC gt3 cars)

Youre no Mod nor an Admin ... you cant tell me what i can say or not say
Yes I know that I am not a mod old chap. Just trying to help you because you keep taking the thread off topic. We don't want the thread being closed do we?
Be nice and stay civil. :thumbsup:

Any way, I think Jimortality means in the actual physics department, not in little things such as pit stops and nice weather. You really can't compare Pcars with RF2. That's like comparing Iracing with ridgeracer. But the topic is about how realistic the game is, and you are right, it is very realistic. In a simcade sense.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

Yes I know that I am not a mod old chap. Just trying to help you because you keep taking the thread off topic. We don't want the thread being closed do we?
Be nice and stay civil. :thumbsup:

Any way, I think Jimortality means in the actual physics department, not in little things such as pit stops and nice weather. You really can't compare Pcars with RF2. That's like comparing Iracing with ridgeracer. But the topic is about how realistic the game is, and you are right, it is very realistic. In a simcade sense.
Disagree
Its realistic in a pure sim sense

The thread is about if PCARS is realistic - i said it is ... so it wasnt even offtopic

The thread is about if PCARS is realistic - i said it is ... so it wasnt even offtopic
OK mate. At least we are in agreement here.:thumbsup: It is realistic. Realistic noise, realistic weather, realistic graphics, realistic race rules, realistic interiors. Have I missed anything else?

• Deleted member 113561

OK mate. At least we are in agreement here.:thumbsup: It is realistic. Realistic noise, realistic weather, realistic graphics, realistic race rules, realistic interiors. Have I missed anything else?
Yep you missed: Realistic physics, realistic tyre model, realistic tracks, realistic vehicles, realistic races, realistic game as in rF2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa xD

Oh I do apologise I missed realistic tracks, realistic vehicles and realistic races. :thumbsup:
So you agree :D that the races are realistic, then it cant be simcade as simcade would be mean unrealistic (even if its partially) ... cool :D in the end youre saying PCARS = Sim and not Simcade

Oh I do apologise I missed realistic tracks, realistic vehicles and realistic races. :thumbsup:
Like I have stated previously, in my opinion, Pcars is very realistic, it is in the first bracket (1)
1. = Sim (RF2, GSCE, AC, Pcars, RRE, Dirt Rally)
2. = Simcade (F1-Series by Codemaster, Shift 1 & 2)
3. = Arcade. (Grid, Grid 2, Dirt Showdown, Dirt 3 etc.)
But all can be realistic. Hell even Dirt 3 is realistic. Just different classes of racing games.
So to answer the OP's question, yes Pcars is realistic.
Then you cant call it realistic anymore [if you say its Simcade], cause it has unrealistic parts in it. Per Definition, if you call PCARS realistic (what you do) then it is a simulation, as simulations aim to be realistic. Simcade-games on the other hand have purposefully elements in it which are not realistic (ie additional grip when using gamepads as in some F1 Games).

Btw for me R3E is a lot less realistic than Project CARS. Still per definition its a sim.

If you would say: Order with best physics first:
rF2 > PCARS, AC, iRacing, GSCE > Dirt Rally, R3E

PCARS is per definition a simulation and not simcade.

P.s. I have no clue if Dirt Rally is a sim, i didnt inform myself about nor did i try it out ...
P.p.s. I can also edit your posts while quoting them

Yep you missed: Realistic physics, realistic tyre model, realistic tracks, realistic vehicles, realistic races, realistic game as in rF2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa xD
Like I have stated previously, in my opinion, Pcars is very realistic, but it is in the middle bracket (2)
1. = Sim (RF2, GSCE, AC, RRE, Dirt Rally)
2. = Simcade (Pcars, Shift 1 & 2)
3. = Arcade. (Grid, Grid 2, Dirt Showdown, Dirt 3 etc.)
But all can be realistic. Hell even Dirt 3 is realistic. Just different classes of racing games.
So to answer the OP's question, yes Pcars is realistic.

Last edited:
@neuer31 @Andy Jackson

Guys, this has been going on over a week now and has destroyed multiple potentially useful threads. Enough is enough. Put each other on your ignore lists, as Andy says he has, and be done with it. If this continues we will just ban you each from the pCars forums and be done with it as this is causing damage well beyond the two of you. Agree to disagree and be done.

On topic now, and no posts about "see you did it I'm not doing anything" or "just one last thing". If it's not directly discussing proper triple screen support in pCars it doesnt belong here.

@neuer31 @Andy Jackson
Was this not clear enough?

OK ok I get it, it was a bad idea to start this thread, I'm sooooorrrryyyyy

Please let me kill this once and for all...

<offensive meme removed>

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes