PC1 Is Project CARS a simulation? lets vote!

You'll be talking like Big Ron next. ;)
I was kind of bummed that Ron took the path he did but to each his own. I am not him and I stuck it out. There were ups and downs I think for many of us but we didn't give up on it and very much looking forward to the planned additions that are coming.
I am still in firm belief that what's under the hood with regards to pCARS is something pretty great but possibly dressed a little funny in certain locations. It's just attributed to tastes really and not what it is or isn't to me there is no question there:D

Your hatred makes sense now that it has been revealed that you were shown the door early in the PCARS development.

Lol, i was a junior member from 2012 till the time the game was removed from my steam library a few weeks ago, so whilst i didn't buy the game, i did play the final build and experienced the bizarre ffb system and concluded that this is Shift3 based on the weird/forgiving driving model.

Btw, you mention my negativity, have u read some of the steam feedback.....ouch, you got nothing to worry about from me, lol

i think for me the initial play for pcars was .. "wow this blows everything away". But the more and more yo play the sim side of the game sorta unravels in front of your eyes. The ai for one, it takes me about 6 restarts to get away unscathed on the first lap, and the difficulty level. Seems the ai are on easier forgiving physics than the player and the wet issues of course.

The more I play the more I miss assetto corsa...

Ffb not as great as AC.
IA so much crazy than AC (Wich is not going to be that bad...)
changing Weather: so funny but pits are a mess and IA doesnt need to enter.
Sometimes I box and its a 50 seconds pitstop (with repairs dissabled).

Pros: variety of cars, Weather (without the issues...), day/night.

Cons: bugs, IA is f*ckng crazy, IA runs perfectly under Any condition and fast, ffb not so good (spent 3 hours trying to have a good configuration), pitstops, downgraded damage...

For me its not that much about physics but about the feeling, because more or less it has got good physics system, but doesnt feel as good as others through MY g27...

So...For me its good enough to have fun but not as perfect as they said it would.

Still waiting for "the perfect g27 ffb configuration for Pcars"!:rolleyes:

I was testing on was Watkins Glen and to this day the cars seem really good to me on that track. Since release and putting in time in other locations I am having somewhat of a mixed experience from the different combinations I have spent time with and so are my feelings mixed overall.

The track surfaces don't not vary based on friction per track. However, the track temperatures will vary based on locale which will provide differing grip levels (as well as time of day).

Tried a point to point race in my career mode last night, load of arse.

That is in no way simulation it was like a bad Forza Horizon, it was just a crash fest from start to about 2 minutes in I jacked it in. Whoever thought 30 street cars on a narrow road would end well was wrong, especially with the wonky AI. Needless to say I wont be bothering with that again.

Which one of the 80,000 investors suggested that should hang their head in shame.

Tried a point to point race in my career mode last night, load of arse.

That is in no way simulation it was like a bad Forza Horizon, it was just a crash fest from start to about 2 minutes in I jacked it in. Whoever thought 30 street cars on a narrow road would end well was wrong, especially with the wonky AI. Needless to say I wont be bothering with that again.

Which one of the 80,000 investors suggested that should hang their head in shame.
Never tested Forza Horizon or Forza Anything but not tested Azure Coast with 30 AI but only with 1 AI, that's enough for street race. I believe it would be quite messy if your and your friends start a real 30 cars street racing in any normal highways, this is not F&F LOL...

Lol, i was a junior member from 2012 till the time the game was removed from my steam library a few weeks ago, so whilst i didn't buy the game, i did play the final build and experienced the bizarre ffb system and concluded that this is Shift3 based on the weird/forgiving driving model.

Btw, you mention my negativity, have u read some of the steam feedback.....ouch, you got nothing to worry about from me, lol

2 weeks at the top of the charts in the uk for sales, and the 1st ever for a racing title on ps4. Highest played racing game on steam avg. 8000 more ingame users at peak time than the 2nd place AC which was previously the highest played racing sim.
81% positivity on steam, 84% metacritic rating/ assetto corsa 85% The majority of bad reviews on steam are from AMD users who have been shafted due to amd's lack of driver optimization which they have finally acknowledge and are releasing shortly.
its also no hidden secret that amd gpus get out performed by nvidia in pretty much every racing title (former r9 290 user)
does it have its issues and bugs.....yes just like every other racing title and I am sure they will get fixed and it will mature with time.....it's only been released for 2 weeks not to mention it released with twice as much content and features than rf2 and AC combined I am really not worrying.....tho as I've been labeled an "investor" I truly hope they sort the xbox issues ASAP so my "simcade" friends can enjoy the game :)

Last edited:
quit possible if your anal retentive with your settings, and don't want to do a quick Google search of the thousands posted on the Web and trying to make it feel like another title, but by the look of the packed online servers the majority seem to have figured it out :)

Thousands Posted. most are sh*t. some have weak points. Some others. So waste of time to get it running decently. Maybe I have not 40038483 hours to search the internet and try each one till I find the best one.

Maybe im retard. Maybe in 4 years of development with 80.000 investors (I guess at least 1.000 have a g27?) should have been some kinda usefull to get a default configuration.

Now I got it "good". But I know it could be better. And still its not.

No ones an idiot or retarded :)
ffb is a personal taste and varies between every user, the defaults give enough detail to get around the track, the issue is instead of adapting to the default effects the majority want it to feel different or compare the effects to there favorite title and when they cant find it they get frustrated.....thats why they added all these customizable ffb sliders to help eliminate that, plus if they spent all there efforts trying to make every wheel user happy the game would never have been released lol
No matter what sim you run if you look through there forums there will be hundreds of threads named " help i need wheel settings for wheel xxxx"
thats the beauty of having a variety of sims to pick from, everyone gels to a certain sim which doesnt make the ones you dont connect with ****......if you dont like it move on theres no need for us to post bashfull comments :)

So the answer is that you don't own it.

From what I see on steam the user reviews are summarized as "VERY POSITIVE". The true statement made here is that indeed I have nothing to worry about from you (lol).

the defaults give enough detail to get around the track
Not for G27. The default FFB dead zone (minimum input) for G27 at 100% FFB is around 16%. At the default 85% FFB in game that increases to a massive 33%. That means your dynamic range is reduced from the default 82% to 53% AND you miss out on anything but steering FX (basically anything at less than 33% of FFB power). For G27 FFB should be at 100 by default and Deadzone Removal Range MUST be set properly to enjoy any decent FFB whatsoever. Only then can you start talking about preferences/feel. So no, it's not about adapting to defaults; maybe for different wheels (with less deadzone), but definitely not for G27.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 101 91.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 40 36.4%