Is it possible to convert a GT Legends track mod to rFactor?

Hello, so I am trying to convert Atlantic Motorsport Park for GT Legends over to rFactor, (and later to Automobilista, I will only use it privately!) rFactor Tools doesn't support Simbin files so I cant convert it properly. Any programs I need to install in order for it to convert?

3dSimEd is king for modding
About that... My free trial expired a while ago, and trashreg for some reason is blocked by my server administrator. (internet provider, which is bell) You know another program that does the same thing, and does not have a virus?

UPDATE: I got an older version of 3DsimED, so now it works for another 20 days, only thing i need to know now is how to convert it.

Last edited:
1698952608779.png

About that... My free trial expired a while ago, and trashreg for some reason is blocked by my server administrator. (internet provider, which is bell) You know another program that does the same thing, and does not have a virus?

UPDATE: I got an older version of 3DsimED, so now it works for another 20 days, only thing i need to know now is how to convert it.
Its now in 3DsimED!

Save the GMT's as rFactor

Extract all the .dds files from the GTL MAP.GTL.

Re name the TRK file to SCN

Copy the skyboxi settings from an rFactor SCN and overwrite the GTL settings

Copy the Location/trackname structure at the top of the rFactor SCN from an existing rFactor track, and change to the name of your track

Add a SKY.MAS file from another track

Get an rFactor GDB and swap all the information.

Add a TDF file.

You can use the GTL AIW file.

Make a folder with the track name. Generally there are two folders, one inside the other. I always use the same name for both.

In the first folder put the SKY.MAS, and the second folder, and in the second folder all the other files.

Basically copy all the files from an rFactor track that you already have.

I think that's it.

Last edited:
Save the GMT's as rFactor

Extract all the .dds files from the GTL MAP.GTL.

Re name the TRK file to SCN

Copy the skyboxi settings from an rFactor SCN and overwrite the GTL settings

Copy the Location/trackname structure at the top of the rFactor SCN from an existing rFactor track, and change to the name of your track

Add a SKY.MAS file from another track

Get an rFactor GDB and swap all the information.

Add a TDF file.

You can use the GTL AIW file.

Make a folder with the track name. Generally there are two folders, I always use the same name for both.

In the first folder put the SKY.MAS, and in the second folder all the other files.

Basically copy all the files from an rFactor track that you already have.

I think that's it.
I am lost already, like what .trk file? i dont see a trk file. which export option should I use for rF? "Save Objects" or "Save Objects, add to .MAS"? what is a rFactor GDB? Maybe I should've said I have very little experience

Last edited:
The GTL track should have a .TRK file. In rFactor it is called the SCN. This has nothing to do with SimEd. It is in the track folder that you are converting.

And yes, just save as rFactor OBJECTS, don't worry about packing them in a MAS file.

The GTL track will have these files in the folder: You open them with NOTEPAD.

AIW, GDB, TRK and CAM.

rFactor tracks. have the same except the TRK file is an SCN. The only additional file that rFactor has is the TDF file. Which is for the terrain (material; names), GTL has that file in the locations folder and is a TEC file.

If you've never done this before, I don't like your chances of success. I've had a look at the track in GTR2 and the AIW needs a lot of work in the garage area.

Last edited:
The GTL track should have a .TRK file. In rFactor it is called the SCN. This has nothing to do with SimEd. It is in the track folder that you are converting.

And yes, just save as rFactor OBJECTS, don't worry about packing them in a MAS file.

The GTL track will have these files in the folder: You open them with NOTEPAD.

AIW, GDB, TRK and CAM.

rFactor tracks. have the same except the TRK file is an SCN. The only additional file that rFactor has is the TDF file. Which is for the terrain (material; names), GTL has that file in the locations folder and is a TEC file.

If you've never done this before, I don't like your chances of success. I've had a look at the track in GTR2 and the AIW needs a lot of work in the garage area.
i'd guess the reason for the AIW being messed up is because the track was made in Bob's Track Builder. And i'm unsure how well BTB handles a port to GT Legends. I suspect not very good.

Last edited:
Not really, BTB exports to GTL and GTR2 but the AIW paths that you can use are limited. The problem with this track is that the pit design needs a path for the AI to get out of the garage area. Really it shoiuld have been sorted before the track was released. I'm actually surprised with his because maekie has built lots of tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back