• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks Is it okay for me to release this track?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by Gilles75, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Gilles75

Gilles75

Ratings:
    +69
    I have converted an rfactor track called Miami Bayside Run. It was converted from Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed by an anoymous modder. There is no 'read me' file with the track so there isn't anyone I can ask permission from. The track is pretty much finished but I don't want to do something that I shouldn't so that's why I'm asking about this track - no doubt it was an illegal conversion from NFS Shift 2 but does anyone care about a 6 year old game?

2. Joseph Maxx

Joseph Maxx

Ratings:
    +221
    Yes, the copyright holders do care about a 6 year old game. Whether you release it or not is up to you but you cannot release it here as that would violate the TOS for this site.

3. Gilles75

Gilles75

Ratings:
    +69
    Fair enough, that's why i asked.

4. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,537
    I did not release a conversion of a track from a 24 year old game. Copyrights last for a loooong time.

5. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,422
    The mod police care far more than any ancient copyright holder. But it's cool, keeps the riffraff out; FB mod groups is where you want to go if you want to live dangerously afoul of the copyright holders wrath.

• Haha Haha x 3
  6. Gilles75

Gilles75

Ratings:
    +69
    I wouldn't touch Facebook or any other social media with a 100 foot barge pole.

• Agree Agree x 1