Is it just me or is Raceroom better looking that pCars

There was always something about raceroom that I liked graphically over assetto corsa. But I thought for sure pcars would be the end all to all graphical comparisons. But after coming back to raceroom, I still think raceroom looks better. More natural i guess. Pcars has more eye candy but for whatever reason it doenst look better to me. Anyone else feel this way? Heres some quick screens I grabbed of the same car. I didnt have a lot of time so i couldnt match it up. But you get the idea

Pcars
2yjppa0.png

R3E
30iex4k.jpg

Graphics is not the strong aspect of R3E.
The engine is outdated, the lighting is awful, so are the textures of the interiors of the cars.
PCars is much more advanced and in my crappy old system is also much more crisp and with same FPS. But also more cartoonish.

But in R3E, the sky is excellent, the textures of tracks also and tracks are full of life.
Also the color pallet is truly great and natural and overall has a lifelike picture because of that.

Overall if i want to choose one, i would choose Assetto Corsa.
It has static (dead) tracks but the interior and models of cars are exceptional , the lighting is great and also the color pallet and when i race , i never have the time to look for those awful textures in Nurbgring GP. Also has the best performance and with mods becomes even better. When you race you have the feeling that this is closest to reality.

So R3H, please take care of the cars interiors. They are awful. Your engine has it's limits i know but you really need better cars' interior (also fix this thing with the virtual hands , keeping wheel from completely rotating).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back