DiRT 4 Is it good now?

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
Hey guys, I was thinking about taking the plunge on Dirt 4 when payday comes, Is it worth it now? I noticed there was a patch on 22 June and wondered if it fixed stuff to the point of being playable?

Cheers all

the ffb on the g27 isn't exactly good, but since no other wheel-owners have started a complaints thread, only the venerable 27 seems to be amiss. the physics seem to have been scaled down a bit from DR, at least with said G27 you do not get the feedback you'd want. The stage generator is plain awesome, so investing in the game will mean you have endless hours of fun at hand. Of the five locations offered, i personally fancy spain and wales, think australia and sweden are fine and do not particularly care for michigan. the career is great fun, lots of ways to earn and spend money, if you're into manager games, this part is for you. I haven't really done the other gamemodes (rallyx and trucks), the latter are probably fine with some chaps, a beer and a console, alone on the pc it does not look too promsising. all in all a good buy, just do not expect a new RBR.

the ffb on the g27 isn't exactly good, but since no other wheel-owners have started a complaints thread, only the venerable 27 seems to be amiss. the physics seem to have been scaled down a bit from DR, at least with said G27 you do not get the feedback you'd want. The stage generator is plain awesome, so investing in the game will mean you have endless hours of fun at hand. Of the five locations offered, i personally fancy spain and wales, think australia and sweden are fine and do not particularly care for michigan. the career is great fun, lots of ways to earn and spend money, if you're into manager games, this part is for you. I haven't really done the other gamemodes (rallyx and trucks), the latter are probably fine with some chaps, a beer and a console, alone on the pc it does not look too promsising. all in all a good buy, just do not expect a new RBR.

Thanks for the reply mate, it's the RX/landrush which really attracts me to the game, I can't even use my g27 at the moment so I'm stuck with steam controller. Looks like the game is already What I need, I don't even need VR at the moment because my new flat is too small so I can't really complain about the lack of VR either!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back