Is he talking about Reiza here?

RPS: Do you have any plans to licence isiMotor2.5 for third-party development?
Tim: Yes, the first client to license what is effectively the rFactor 2 engine is pretty close right now… We often have people mentioning what they are planning to do, so I’m hoping things go well for them.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/11/the-flare-path-back-on-track/

They said rf1 engine but now he talks about rf2 and also "We often have people mentioning what they are planning to do" I see people talking like this about Reiza, or am I missing another developer?

I can see where you are getting from. I to after reading this would think it is also Reiza. We all know they are looking to push on to the next level so I feel this is the best way for them to go. I for one cant wait to see if this is true. SCE is by far the best sim out there imho

But if the game gets a Rf2 engine will that mean that the minimum requirements will be higher to>?

Yeah That will be the case. But most pc even the low end ones will rF2 no problem at all. You should be ok. Bear in mind that if this news is true the new game could be 1 to 2 years away. No one anything yet :( and if it is a long time most of the sim will upgrade there rig in the time frame.

it seems as likely to be a (at least current) no-name as anything else. almost every modder out there says rf2 has the best engine. but the way niels & reiza have talked about rf2, they dont have the depth of understanding/control over the tire behavior they'd like with the engine. so i'd be very surprised if its reiza -- but definitely not disappointed.

They don't understand or they just don't like?
These are 2 different things. Both don't stop them from working with it if put the proper effort.
I hope it's Reiza because ISI need to change somethings but they don't seem to be worried aobut it and they are going to lose space among online racers due to that. All IMO of course.

I don't believe it is Reiza, the way they spoke in the Crowdfunding Campaign suggests to me they've got the rF1 license and will improve upon that for the next game. After all ISI made RF2 from rF1 so it'll be interesting to see what Reiza can come up with.

My money is on SMS, pCars2 announced recently afterall.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back