Is God Cruel?

So he created them (obviously since he created everything)
But he´s not causing them although he can (if he wants) control them?
Why would he even create them if he had to bother with it later, seems quite illogical.
And what´s up with these volcanoes? We know they exist to create mountains but surely it would have been much simpler for him to swing with his wand and poof, there you have it.

Would you not agree that many of the problems with Nature are caused by humans trashing this planet?

Not in the big picture no. It was a long time ago humans wiped out 400.000 people over a period of one day like the Tsunami in Thailand did.
Thanks god....

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=PDF&output=html&pub=lc&langwritten=E&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF
try reading this.

No thanks. Just answer the question instead.

But people do....this is why we are not running around with sticks and stones.
Instead of sitting around waiting for a god that never will show up we do the work instead.

Its really worked so far?

Is this forum the only thing you see of the world?

Well it won´t be religion as it compartmentalizes human beings with different indoctrination's.

The Bible talks of many religions claiming to serve God but that only those who show by there works that they do are acceptable. Please dont put me in with all the hypocracy of many religions

All religions are hypocracy, it´s just that you choose that one of them is not.
And all the religions that you think are hypocritical, all those believers think exactly the same thing about your religion.

Name a few things he has sorted out so far, it´s been 2000 years since he "supposedly" was hanging around.
Apart from some lines of text in a book, what further assurance do you have that he will indeed solve all our problems?

I´m sure you have read the history of Christianity right?
Church haven´t been all roses and happiness throughout history.

See above.
No not good enough.

Can i ask you three questions?

1. Do you believe that god can help you in certain situations? let´s say a job interview, he helps you out a little bit, gets you the job.

He certainly helps in many ways. for example I go around knocking on peoples doors to try and share with them the good news offered in the bible. I certainly couldn't do that without help. He also promises in Mathew 6:33,34 that if you put the kingdom first in your life he will ensure you have the thing you need.
Do you share the bad news as well? You know the killing, the raping, the murdering etc?

And how does he help you in that, be more specific.

2. If his ultimate goal was to create humans and watch us then come meet the good guys after we die and hang out for ever and ever....why did he wait over 4 billion years until he created humans?
Seeing as he can do whatever he wants (hell he even created the universe) it seems like he could have sped up the process a little bit by skipping the dinosaurs and primitive lifeforms and jumped straight to human beings?

Maybe he enjoyed making things?
......................lol

3. Let´s say you have a heart attack, you go to the hospital and you can choose two doors.
A blue and black door. Behind the blue door is a team of doctors and nurses.
Behind the black door is nothing, just a room where you can pray to god to heal you up.

Do you trust god enough to heal you up or would you choose the doctors?

I would go through the blue door. Praying for God to help the doctors and nurses do there job well.
Ok so you don´t trust that god can actually heal you by yourself.
You´d rather get humans and science to do it for you.
You just chose the doctors over god so why would you think they would need god?

aww that;'s cheeky, i believe to choose that's what happened deep down in my mind :)

we all choose to believe what we want to believe, it's called religion / faith / opinion.

Who created the universe if God only created our planet? because that's my belief always has been, i also found this tonight which stephen hawkings said
"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing,"
So you are saying that while god did not create the universe, he could still wish to tap into it anytime he like and design a planet?

And what made you think he only created the planet and not everything else? because i believe the universe just came about it hasn't been proved either way and probably wont be either because there could always be a higher divinity no matter how far science goes. That's what faith is all about.
Yea the universe just came about....the fun thing is our planet is no different then all other planets "that just came about" it´s made from the same stuff you know.

And how did he do it? We know for example the atoms in our body can only be made in a star so potentially he made a star first? the seven days of creation, as said in the bible... does not literally mean 7 days tho, could mean 6,000 years. in the hands of god, he said.. " let their be light" ....
yea not really sure what you answered here.

Hampus, God created the whole universe. You can choose not to believe if you want. But you wouldn't believe me if I said your steering wheel just appeared would you? And yet the universe is far more complex than a steering wheel, and has been running for billions of years. ;)

As for hypocrisy, I would agree that any religion that does things it's holy book prohibits is hypocritical. While I know we all make mistakes, there are people that try to do what the bible says without any excuses.

For your other points, this might explain a bit (I admit it's a copy/paste job)

Does the existence of wickedness and of suffering prove that there is no God?
Consider examples: Does the fact that knives have been used to murder prove that no one designed them? Is the use of jet aircraft to drop bombs in time of war evidence that they had no designer? Or is it rather the use to which these are being put that is causing grief to mankind?
Is it not true that much disease is a result of man’s own poor living habits and his spoiling of the environment for himself and others? Are not the wars fought by humans a major cause of human suffering? Is it not also true that, while millions suffer from lack of food, there is more than enough in other lands, so that one of the underlying problems is human greed? All these things give evidence, not that there is no God, but that humans are sadly misusing their God-given abilities and the earth itself.
Does God really care what happens to us humans?
Yes, indeed! Consider the evidence: The Bible tells us that God gave man a perfect start. (Gen. 1:27, 31; Deut. 32:4) Man’s continued enjoyment of God’s favor, however, depended on obedience to his Maker. (Gen. 2:16, 17) If man was obedient, he would continue to enjoy perfect human life—no sickness, no suffering, no death. The Creator would provide man with needed guidance and would use His power to safeguard mankind against any calamity. But man rejected God’s guidance; he chose the course of self-rule. In trying to do something for which he was never designed, he has brought calamity upon himself. (Jer. 10:23; Eccl. 8:9; Rom. 5:12) Yet, over the centuries God has been patiently seeking out those who, because of love for him and his ways, are willing to serve him. He sets before them the opportunity to enjoy all the blessings of which they have been deprived because of man’s imperfections and misrule. (Rev. 21:3-5) The provision God made by means of his Son to redeem humans from sin and death is a marvelous evidence of God’s great love for mankind. (John 3:16) God has also set an appointed time when he will destroy those who ruin the earth and will cause lovers of righteousness to enjoy life in harmony with his own original purpose.—Rev. 11:18; Ps. 37:10, 11;

Hampus, God created the whole universe. You can choose not to believe if you want. But you wouldn't believe me if I said your steering wheel just appeared would you? And yet the universe is far more complex than a steering wheel, and has been running for billions of years. ;)
That´s your opinion, not fact. You choose to believe a book, it´s not me choosing to not believing it. There´s nothing to believe in the first place.

But then of course you must also agree that if you think something as complex as this was by design then surely your own god who i suppose is even more complex must also have been created. Pretty simple really.

As for hypocrisy, I would agree that any religion that does things it's holy book prohibits is hypocritical. While I know we all make mistakes, there are people that try to do what the bible says without any excuses.
They only say the good parts though. Why not speak about the time when "god" was a raving lunatic that seemed to suffer from Schizophrenia?

For your other points, this might explain a bit (I admit it's a copy/paste job)

Does the existence of wickedness and of suffering prove that there is no God?
Consider examples: Does the fact that knives have been used to murder prove that no one designed them? Is the use of jet aircraft to drop bombs in time of war evidence that they had no designer? Or is it rather the use to which these are being put that is causing grief to mankind?
That is probably the dumbest counters i have ever read in my life. But i´m not surprised.

Is it not true that much disease is a result of man’s own poor living habits and his spoiling of the environment for himself and others?

Umm no..You think rich people never get diseases?

Are not the wars fought by humans a major cause of human suffering?
Sure. Although irrelevant to what you are trying to say.

Is it not also true that, while millions suffer from lack of food, there is more than enough in other lands, so that one of the underlying problems is human greed? All these things give evidence, not that there is no God, but that humans are sadly misusing their God-given abilities and the earth itself.
It´s not proof for God.....i can´t even contemplate how you guys just dodge the bullet everytime looking at one side of the coin.
Your own analogy works just as good the other way around.

Yes, indeed! Consider the evidence:
....And that´s enough for me in terms of brainwashing today.

I cincerely hope you don´t think the bible is a form of evidence for anything.
To think the bible is evidence is when things starts to get really scary.

LOL Hampus, of course I know rich people get sick. If you don't want to believe in God or the bible, that's your right, and no-one should take it away from you.
I'm curious about the schizophrenic god bit though, not heard that before

LOL Hampus, of course I know rich people get sick. If you don't want to believe in God or the bible, that's your right, and no-one should take it away from you.
I'm curious about the schizophrenic god bit though, not heard that before
It´s not that i don´t want to believe in it, there´s nothing to believe in the first place.
I bet most high priests don´t even believe in it because it´s 2013 now, not year 3.

I´m surprised, read the book again, this time don´t look away when he slaughters human beings.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.