Is AC worth buying?

Hi,

I am currently deciding if I should buy AC.

I became interested after seeing mods for both F1 and GP2. ChargingCar is still making models for these seasons and thinks the community will produce skins.

I'm looking for advice, basically to know if AC is for me.

Are full season F1 mods likely in the future? For example are F1 tracks likely to be made etc.

I have read about issues with racing, is this a game where I can race or is it just about hotlapping?

I have also read little about the ai, if it's possible to race, what are the ai like?

thanks

The biggest difference right now is that AC puts a bit more emphasis in the driving experience than racing at this point, while GSCE have plenty of "generic" cars ready to race, AC features a bunch of real world super cars (and hyper cars shortly) which are maybe a bit difficult to "match" and race against each other, but are there for you to experience what it's like driving them.

To AC or not to AC? To AC ;)

I agree with that AC not focusing on racing, but are GSCEx cars really that generic? Certainly not all of them: V8s, Opala, Camaro, Mini, Formula Vee, Formula FD04, Dallara F309 are real world cars and there is nothing generic about them.

Yes Reiza, Classic, V12, Extreme are only based/inspired on real formulas from different eras (no licence I guess) .. so you could call them generic

I`m not sure about Karts

cause it has nothing to do with engine ? :)
I actually ask this question before in AC forum after the MP is finally release but many members there say its some kind of engine limitation .. so i dont know.

In fact i also request for "flashback mode in practice" only in that AC forum and after so many arguement about "should a flashback mode exist in hardcore racing game" end up the game actually cant do flashback mode because of the engine limitation .. You know 6 yrs ago Codemaster Gird 1 already can do flashback so what kind of better engine is this ??

By the way if its not because of the engine then why not enable the AI in MP ?? And i still wondering when i can have a delete option in car setup menu.

Also .. some data actually didnt show up properly in replay mode .. say the in-game "Suspension" app, the toe value is still working but camber & temperature value is off in replay mode, so AC expect i to drive & look at this app at the same time for the temperature & camber value ??

I wonder if this another problem cause by the game engine :rolleyes:

i don`t know .. it should be just a matter of implemetation .. so fact that it is not there is just cause devs decided not to put it there or it is not worth to implement due to too complicated implementation ..

and of course universal answer: it is early access ;)

well I`m missing some crucial things in game too but I will complain after 1.0 release :) .. i`m sure they`re doing what they can (in that small team they have) and they already have pile of complains, suggestions and bug reports .. so my desire for having some features, cars, tracks, whatever can wait ...:)
things like having AI in MP should be probably discussed after we will have proper MP, flashback is something I`ve never used (learning from mistakes .. you know :) ) and it is surelly not on the top of TODO list right now...

Last edited:
things like having AI in MP should be probably discussed after we will have proper MP
Yeah many people say this but I actually dont understand the logic for 2 reason:

1. How to define "Proper MP" ?? when can consider a game has "Proper MP" ??

Most importantly:

2. Many games actually has MP AI in their beta version so game developer can actually found all the problem & bug & fix it together so why AC need to make sure MP become "proper" first before include AI ?? They sure those AI wont actually cause problem once include in the so call "Proper MP" ?? How they know the MP already "proper" before add in the AI anyway ?? Remember why the game's MP actually delay for at least another 1 week ??

By the way dont get me wrong .. am not want to make a fight with you or anyone, i just feel like discuss abit about the game.

Last edited:
Yeah many people say this but I actually dont understand the logic for 2 reason:

1. How to define "Proper MP", when can consider a game has "Proper MP" ??
2. Many games actually has MP AI in their beta version so game developer can actually found all the problem & bug & fix it together so why AC need to make sure MP become "proper" first before include AI ?? They sure those AI wont actually cause problem once include in the so call "Proper AI" ?? Remember why the game's MP actually delay for at least another 1 week ??

By the way dont get me wrong .. am not want to make a fight with you or anyone, i just feel like discuss abit about the game.

don`t worry I`m surelly not gonna fight over PC game :) .. fanboyism is not my thingy ... but thanx for helping me procrastinate my work :)

1. Proper MP: MP in state of development when players desire to have everything meets devs possibilities to make it as good as possible in time they have :)
2. Good point .. my guess: it is like 10 people doing this game, if they want to give us v1.0 in reasonable time, they have to make compromises and add adittional features latter ... or they just don`t want to have it there .. or they are working on it paralelly but won`t realese it untill they are sure that both MP and AI are good enough

I say no way they will know the MP is actually proper if they never enable AI & instead of they 10 people to test and fix then why not just release it, let us do the testing & they only do the fixing .. isnt it a better option ??

In fact that the way they doing it from the very beginning till now .. release this & that before actually proper and we all send feedback & they fix it ..

Of course its not very important to me but just feel like discuss abit .. you see i actually not yet play MP for this game .. i still doing hotlapping but i more like believe they actually having some kind of problem to include AI in MP due to some engine or server load problem :whistling:

MP is still in alpha, a discussion about it is completely useless. It is like making food, tasting it when it comes out of the freezer and then throwing it away because you didn't like it. (I am not good at metaphors, but you know where I am going)

Really ?? Then why GSCE has no problem add AI in online race but AC having problem doing that for some whatever reason ??
That would a game feature that isn't implemented as of today.
Maybe it will be, maybe it won't...

If you actually read the post you would see i mention that GSC is a more accomplished product right now, it's there and it's ready to go.

About the suspension app, you can AIM or any other telemetry application for that.

I agree with that AC not focusing on racing, but are GSCEx cars really that generic? Certainly not all of them: V8s, Opala, Camaro, Mini, Formula Vee, Formula FD04, Dallara F309 are real world cars and there is nothing generic about them.

Yes Reiza, Classic, V12, Extreme are only based/inspired on real formulas from different eras (no licence I guess) .. so you could call them generic

I`m not sure about Karts

I didn't mean that on a bad way, generic cars can be a lot of fun, i'm certainly happy that Reiza decided to do their interpretation of different eras of F1 (i am also pleased that Kunos decided to include a "generic" F1 V8 in AC), but even among the officially licensed cars it lacks "name" and impact.
The V8s are nice to race, but it isn't anybody's dream car like a Mclaren P1 or a Toyota LMP1 or even a GT racer of a supersports car.

I'm basically trying to say they are there, and they are ready for you to have an exciting race, but people wouldn't buy a game for the chance to drive the Stock Car V8.

Last edited:
Because AC is not finished yet!
Mmm someone is missing the point .. i only discussing if AC game engine is really that better than GSCE or any other game, thats all. I no more concern why the game dont do flashback but i only discuss why the so call better engine cant do flashback & MP + AI together, thats all. As a rookie sim racer who start at 2013 I only play around 200hrs & 6 combos so far but all manage to get inside top 10 so i already much faster than most of the hardcore sim racer, i pretty sure if i do those RSR pro rank i will get around top 10 too with just using my DFGT wheel so flashback or not doesnt really matter .. beside flashback wont make me faster, its merely a tool to shorten my learning process and since the game engine actually cant make it happen (confirm by Mr Aris) so tell me why the hell i wanna to keep request or make noise here ??

So i only use the flashback & MP + AI thing to discuss if AC really has better engine, i am not requesting this 2 features & crying about it, not at all.

Yeah i decide no more active in AC official forum and keep as quiet as possible here as well, why ?? For one very simple reason; There are just so many so call hardcore veteran sim racer who are so arrogant and always use those offensive word when talking to me like i am a useless people or they are really something.

I like to tell you this right now; Yeah may be i stupid or useless or bullshit but i dont do offensive writing in anywhere or any way in any discussion or comment, never.

I know what manner or polite mean and i always stick to that, its ok you can keep on dislike & disagree all my post here and use bullshit / stupid / grow up / idiot / brainless & many others offensive word against me like how you & some other mighty sim racer do in AC forum but do you really think that way make you guy more mature than me ??

Am sorry I really really dont think so.

Finally, thanks for your constructive comment for me but i think your appearance mean i should leave this thread from now on.

Have a good day everybody else :coffee:

Edit:
About the suspension app, you can AIM or any other telemetry application for that.
By the way forget to ask what is mean by AIM ?? Also i dont know how to read telemetry.
Thanks first.

GS mod-edit: consolidated for you, please keep the thread clean

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're trying to develop a realistic sim, the last thing on your list for implementation would be a flashback system... In fact, you'd probably burn the list before you ever even considered implementing such a ridiculous feature.

@Frank van Oeveren is dead right.
It's utterly pointless to complain about a clearly unfinished product.
The freezer food analogy is perfect for this situation.

Edit:
I'm not saying that the "it's early access" excuse can be used for everything, but clearly for things like multiplayer and app function in replays, it's because it's still early access. I mean heck, it even notifies you in the middle of the screen the moment you click "Online", that the feature is still in ALPHA phase.

Just give them time, and enjoy the product that we currently have: which is a very very good sim. Especially considering just how relatively small Kunos is compared to the larger game companies.

Last edited:
Again i has no problem at all for no flashback in this game but i particularly hate when people call this a stupid / ridiculous feature.

Dont forget this game already has include at least 26 unrealistic feature example like mouse / keyboard steering .. also many players actually benefit by using this feature to quickly learn any combo in all Codemaster game so its not that stupid or ridiculous like you guy think .. of course i know many of you will say "Oh only people who dont know how to drive will need flashback" or something like that but pls ... the fact is that many simcade or even arcade player who use flashback when practising any combo are actually very fast, the reason they dont play hardcore sim like AC or GSCE simply because sim racing are boring to many of them ... no music no engineer talking no crowd cheering no interesting cutscene no story or something like that, If you guy think they all didnt play hardcore sim because they not good at it then prepare to keep on crying if they all come to play AC because many of them will actually crash you all.

Am sorry but some of you guys really need to learn the true meaning of "RESPECT", normally i found many of you only respect each other who is about the same interest or opinion but if the interest or the opinion is different or exactly opposite then some of you guy will become very offensive .. thats really not necessary at all.

By the way want to know what is ridiculous ?? An arcade kid like me who use only a cheap dfgt wheel with a low end computer actually beat at least 95% of hardcore sim racer who are using high end computer + triple screen + super crazy expensive wheel + H shifter + pedal + race seat & many other equipment like they are actually driving a spaceship; But do i really want to laugh at them ?? No i wont; Yes i do feel thats a waste for buying so much expensive thing since they actually so slow but on the other hand i do know everyone has their right to enjoy the game with their own way.

So pls, No flashback in AC ?? No problem. Basically i no more expect this feature will happen in the game but pls respect this feature respect the people who use it. No more this is stupid / ridiculous feature talk ... you all adult right ?? What i see is that people who use this feature actually not that stupid & people who dont use this feature doesnt seen that smart either.

I like to say again, this game already has include at least 26 unrealistic feature, so if flashback is consider stupid or ridiculous then AC already a ridiculous or stupid game.

The bottom line is that you can always disagree but you should never insult or go offensive.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%