rF2 Ironman @ Brianza 1966 - Wed 12th Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Not my day, if I remember correctly this is my first DNF here at RD. Had a pretty good start but 2 cars crashed in front and I hit one of them. At the end of the first lap I touched the barriers and spun into the pitwalls.

Thx for the setup David.

See you next time.

I have to apologise.
I started from the second row and got a good drive off the line into what looked like a big enough gap between 2 cars.
The big hp G6 however was more than I could control and got wheelspin and slid left in to Joao and started the big crash.
I stopped and waited then realised he was stuck on the fence so I tried to drive back to bump him free and got a DQ.

Sorry to ruin Joaos race and anyone else I affected.
Such a shame as it was looking like fun, but no one to blame but me.

First race in these cars, they're awesome! Because of the carnage I got into 1st pos but when I was looking at what was going on, I missed my braking point. From last I passed some guys and got up to 3rd, most made it easy by crashing like Jason and Jeff, but I had a nice fight with @Frédéric Garnier and swopped places a couple of times. I managed to stay around 25 behind the leader untill 10 min to go when I lost concentration because of the big gaps I guess. Still had a lot of fun, wouldn't mind driving these cars again:whistling:

@David O'Reilly It happens. No harm done. These cars are monsters and a little mistake and hell breaks loose. :D

My G4 got stuck in the fence after that incident so i rejoined the server. One lap down i was gaining some time but a few stupid distractions resulted in big crashes. Lets just say the roof of the car will need some big repairs after sliding down through the tarmac several times. :p:whistling:
My car got thrown to the wrong part of the circuit so i had to do the oval section again so that lap was a little longer than expected. :D

Even with the incidents still had a blast driving these cars. Thanks to all that made it. :thumbsup:

The G6 is just cool. My trick was a very long gear 1 (until 200 km/h) so that you don't have to shift mid-corner in the Lesmos and could start from a very low rev in Parabolica and play with the throttle till the fence :p I felt very comfortable in the car however I made some stupid mistakes while trail-braking into corners.. There was a lap with Jyri closely behind were we had to pass two guy stopped on track and the oval with 300 km/h... Yellow flags are really helpful here :p

Gergely, when you caught me, and was obviously quicker than me, I let you pass easily at Curva Grande and thought I was going to slipstream you as long as possible. But man, you out-accelerated me at Lesmo 2, and I never got close enough!

I couldn't exploit your braking troubles because of my own mistakes. Long shadows messing with my reference points didn't help. I should propably adjust the graphics.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back