iRacing Videos

The Lotus is a great car for sure, but man the downforces are crazy!!! Its either like it has superglue tires or its driving on black ice...hehe I thought I would check it out at VIR before bed and holy hootnanny... I would love to race for a living but say this was real, I would most certainly need a new pair of pants after do this... :pray: I did a little run and got a 1:42.5 which I don't know if that is fast or not but I know I missed an apex or two..hehe Main point of the video was to show how flippin fast it gets through that section of track. It's nuts!!!

the lotus video shows how poor the current tyre model is right now, the tyre is not even getting close to look like it actually driving on the road, the direction the tyre facing and how it behaves are to laught at what called the one of the best simulators..

the lotus video shows how poor the current tyre model is right now, the tyre is not even getting close to look like it actually driving on the road, the direction the tyre facing and how it behaves are to laught at what called the one of the best simulators..

Actually, if you watch it again in 720dpi you'll see that I'm barely turning the front wheels in most turns. IMHO, the lotus isn't driven the the wheel all that much but more with the throtle and brake. The front tires seem to be there help the car sort of point in the right direction... hehe I think that is why most people have a very hard time driving it due to the front tires only seem to help when at top speed.

road course setups makes acceleration easier in the oval cars ;D

Two oval cars actually had road setups, the Glen setups more specifically :)
But the Impala B just would not pass the regs, it complained about Camber being to little on the right rear.
Can you change it? Of course not... I don´t know why it did not let me change that..

So i took an Oval set, fiddled with it for 2min and then did the test :) Not the optimal way obviously.

I could also have done the test even more hardcore by taking every car and set them up way more specified for acceleration tests but it´s just so insanely time-consuming so i just changed camber, toe to 0, little fuel and as little downforce as possible.
And changed the gearing so it would run the distance aswell.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back