1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iRacing to model the McLaren MP4-12C GT3

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Kevin Watts, Sep 14, 2011.

1. iRacing.com and McLaren have announced a second project with McLaren that will involve bringing the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 to the iRacing service. iRacing regulars will remember the first project between iRacing and McLaren that saw McLaren Electronics's ATLAS data acquisition/telemetry software brought into the iRacing service and this new development will be a most welcome addition. The McLaren MP4-12C GT3 has already raced in the British GT Championship at Spa-Francorchamps, the Total 24 hours of Spa and the Blancpain Endurance Series race at Magny Cours. A McLaren spokesman said:

No firm date has been announced for this new car other than it will be available to iRacing members in 2012.
  2. Very nice!
  3. Yep I have been reading about this,very nice looking car!
  4. SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
  5. I like!!
  6. Yeah. Hell yeah.
  7. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Cool :)
    But I'd seriously prefer the road car, much better looking!
  8. Anyone heard anything new regarding this?
  9. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

10. Man have i heard that alot since i started iRacing :)

No but seriously, the car might arrive in Jan/Feb, can´t remember when the next build comes.

The HPD was announced in March, the car arrived in August so that´s 5 months.
    Mclaren was announced in September so that is February.

I really hope we don´t see the car in May..
  11. Next big build comes early February when 2012 S1 starts. The Lotus 49 was announced late 2011 and will be there late 2012. I guess you really can't tell how long it will take them. Hoping for the McL in 2012 S1 though.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sex on wheels.
  13. Also, with the Porsche license probably even a bridge too far for even iRacing, they have decided to provide us with a decent alternative............ the RUF.

With a BTCC car also being lined up, road racers of the iRacing community rejoice.

14. I haven't been online very often in the last few weeks.. sooo... has the BTCC car been confirmed?
    Any information about which one? ;)
  15. Daz, where did you find the news of the BTCC car? I know there have been requests for it, but never knew they were actually honoured.