1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iRacing to model the McLaren MP4-12C GT3

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Kevin Watts, Sep 14, 2011.

1. iRacing.com and McLaren have announced a second project with McLaren that will involve bringing the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 to the iRacing service. iRacing regulars will remember the first project between iRacing and McLaren that saw McLaren Electronics's ATLAS data acquisition/telemetry software brought into the iRacing service and this new development will be a most welcome addition. The McLaren MP4-12C GT3 has already raced in the British GT Championship at Spa-Francorchamps, the Total 24 hours of Spa and the Blancpain Endurance Series race at Magny Cours. A McLaren spokesman said:

MP4-12C_GT3_March42011_013.jpg

No firm date has been announced for this new car other than it will be available to iRacing members in 2012.

2. Very nice!

3. Yep I have been reading about this,very nice looking car!

4. SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

5. I like!!

6. Yeah. Hell yeah.

7. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Cool :)
    But I'd seriously prefer the road car, much better looking!

8. Anyone heard anything new regarding this?

9. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Soon?

10. Man have i heard that alot since i started iRacing :)

No but seriously, the car might arrive in Jan/Feb, can´t remember when the next build comes.

The HPD was announced in March, the car arrived in August so that´s 5 months.
    Mclaren was announced in September so that is February.

I really hope we don´t see the car in May..

11. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

Next big build comes early February when 2012 S1 starts. The Lotus 49 was announced late 2011 and will be there late 2012. I guess you really can't tell how long it will take them. Hoping for the McL in 2012 S1 though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sex on wheels.

13. Also, with the Porsche license probably even a bridge too far for even iRacing, they have decided to provide us with a decent alternative............ the RUF.

With a BTCC car also being lined up, road racers of the iRacing community rejoice.

:)

14. I haven't been online very often in the last few weeks.. sooo... has the BTCC car been confirmed?
    Any information about which one? ;)

15. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

Daz, where did you find the news of the BTCC car? I know there have been requests for it, but never knew they were actually honoured.