1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Iracing some questions

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Stig Bidstrup, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

Hi I have some questions
    1. Does it cost money to enter online races in Iracing ??
    2. Is there enough races ( or any ) for the European Time zone ??

Stig Bidstrup

2. 1. You can join any race you have the content and an eligible license for free, as long as you have a current subscription. There is a $0.50/hour price to create a hosted session on iRacing's servers.
    2. For road racing, the EU timezone is often one of the most popular.

Which cars are you most interested in? I could pull some recent info for you and let you know how likely you are to find races.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Stig Bidstrup,

to add to Bakkster's post, you can:
    - enter as many races as you want, as long as you have the car(s) for those races (no longer necessary to own the cars you will not drive)
    - you can even join clubs and enter "private" sessions of those leagues/clubs
    - you can choose any race, it won't be affected by time zone; participation will, though. And some cars are more popular than others; you can race with those "less popular" cars at specific time zones, chances are you may find groups of 5 to 8 people then.

When you don't find enough iRacers available for a race, you can always go for time trials (you alone, obviously) and "training sessions" (often, you can find enough people to drive among).

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

Hi again
    which cars are the most popular in the European time zone ??

I have now checked the cars and the ones I would like most to drive
    I have listed here.
    1.Skip barber Formula 2000
    2.SCCA Spec Racer
    3. Lotus 49
    4.Mazda MX-5 Roadster
    5.BMW Z4 GT 3 in that order and thanks:thumbsup: for the response

Stig Bidstrup

5. I hope Bakkster or someone else may help further.

You can take a look at :

http://www.iracing.com/leagues/leagues.php

http://www.iracer.info/statistics

Both the Spec Racer and the Skippy have seen drops in participation numbers - can't say what's the panorama in your division.

The Mazda Cup (for the MX-5) seems quite stable - almost double comparing to last year.

The Classic Lotus Grand Prix (Lotus 79) seems to be in a somewhat bad shape in participation numbers.

The GT3 Challenge Series (includes the MP4-12C, the RUF RT 12 R and the Z4 GT3) seems steady.

Obviously, all this can change in a relevant way with the introduction of a new track and improvements to the tire model.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. All but the Lotus will get solid participation during EU primetime. Miata at class C will be decent later in the week, but the Rookie series always has tons of splits. GT3 is the highest participation road series right now and for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I say, and that's my opinion, don't go for the fast car. Try to take it step by step. I'm new to iracing too and i'm quit fast in the mazda. But i also like the mazda. If you're interested in iRacing because of the somewhat realistic side of it, more simulator than game, than it's a great experience to learn to heel&toe, throttle match, trailbrake, ... I own faster cars like the McLaren & RUF which are very fun to drive. Especially the Ruf C-spec in the world sports car series were there's no abs or TC option. But i'm not doing official race events because i wan't to be fast (or 90% as fast as possible for me) and consistant in those cars first. (they are a handfull but very rewarding if you "got it right")

I switched to the advanced mazda's after i while. (Still mx-5, but with open setup) Now i start to really anjoy the community part of the sim. And also the very helpfulness of the fastest guys and even the aliens. Nowhere can an in-game community be found that takes it as serious as you want or is a friendly as it gets. I learned from others as much as i learned on my own in iRacing. And the "others" were even happy to help. Not really happening in other games so much i think.

So (still only my pov), stick to a slow car, learn the tracks / behaviors / ... you'll also start to learn to know some of the guys you started with and eventually the experienced and faster guys. And the occupation question; If you're European than you're good in iRacing. Don't expect the same amount of online "rooms" like say a "Gran Turismo". Do expect stability and a far far greater experience if you're using a wheel / rig.

If you decide to go iRacing and want some on track advice, just ask me or pm me (my iracing name is Dries Nys2)

See ya

• Like Like x 2