iRacing Season 4 Patch and a Free Audi 90 Quattro Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iracing.jpg

iRacing.com have released a small hotfix patch to address some issues found in the recent Season 4 build release, alongside confirmation that the simulation have agreed a licencing deal to bring the mega Audi 90 Quattro as a free gift to new members.

With a substantial Season 4 build already out, the team over at iRacing have deployed another small update bringing a number of minor fixes for the game. Minor tweaks to a selection of the cars and several camera bug fixes being the highlights of the new patch.

In other iRacing related news, the developers have confirmed a licence has been secured to bring the venerable Audi 90 Quattro to iRacing for the first time. Already present in both RaceRoom Racing Experience and Project CARS, the Audi 80 is a high power 4WD closed cockpit GT machine that went on to secure numerous race victories at the height of the Group 5 regulations back in the 1980's. The new car, fully laserscanned as is the usual iRacing way, is now available as a free gift to all new iRacing subscribers by entering the promo code PR-AUDI90.

Check out the 10 minute Audi trailer below:

Season 4 Patch Change Log:

Time of Day
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the selected time of day to be ignored when anything other than “Constant” weather was selected.
Animation
  • Flyover timing has been adjusted to better match race events.
  • Flyover smoke is now influenced by wind.
  • Pit crew helmets are now even safer, with extra padding inside!
Driver
  • Fixed some hard edges on the air vents for open wheel car helmets.
  • Added helmet tear offs for the open cockpit cars helmets.
ARX
  • A new library, “iRacingARXmsg.js,” is now included in the ARX package.

CARS
Aston Martin DBR9 GT1

• Opponent cars are now capable of flashing their headlights.
Dallara DW12
  • Slightly tweaked the road course tires to give a bit more degradation.
Ford GT
  • Shift lamps and suspension have been changed to match the Ford GT GT3.
  • Wheel pivots have been adjusted to help avoid fender collisions.
Formula Renault 2.0
  • Damage parameters have been updated so the engine is less resistant to impacts.
HPD ARX-01c
  • Adjustments have been made to the low DF aero package. This slightly reduces maximum speeds.
  • The mirror portals have been moved out slightly so that when damaged, the mirror frames are not in front of the portal.
  • Adjustments have been made to the seat-belt mesh and the driver position.
Lotus 79
  • Fixed an issue with the driver’s right arm.
Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • The tooltip text for the traction control setting was corrected so it correctly indicates that support decreases when increasing the setting number.
NASCAR XFINITY Chevrolet Camaro
  • Fixed an issue with the pitbox textures.
SCCA Spec Racer Ford
  • Fixed a camera bug.
Skip Barber Formula 2000
  • Fixed a camera bug.
Sprint Car
  • Fixed a camera bug.
Street Stock
  • The rear windshield now uses PBR shaders and should no longer have environment reflections.
TRACKS
Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans

• Fixed curb LOD settings.
  • Various environment fixes and updates.

Take a look at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more of the latest news and community discussion.

Check out our recent iRacing Mid Season Review article here for more thoughts on the game.

iRacing now has Le Mans, have you tried the track yet? What do you think of the simulation at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think it's a waste of time resources and effort. There are, in my opinion, more cars that could've / should've been included before this one. It's not like there are competitors for it, or a series. They should be padding out the current series and giving the more popular content stablemates for people to choose from.

Tbh, it’s not that hard to drive, the 4WD prevents spins imo.
I tried it 20mins on a hosted server @ Bathurst and that was great fun.

I can imagine that simracers, who have a little bit experience in other sims will appreciate this car.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot,............. free to new members I have been a loyal member for over five years and own 100% content I don't even do oval racing and the funny thing I was born in Beechgrove, Indiana. I paid early this month and now wishing I hadn't thinking to myself need to to get the new content what a fool. Own every sim out there and iRacing has really been a pain over the last year or so. And what about the so called tech tracks that they charge for and never finish if you all put up with this kind of treatment then go vote for the Dem's. I am done with iRacing overrated crap. It's not about giving it to new members it the way they treat a loyal member. You all have a nice day

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.