iRacing Season 4 Patch and a Free Audi 90 Quattro Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iracing.jpg

iRacing.com have released a small hotfix patch to address some issues found in the recent Season 4 build release, alongside confirmation that the simulation have agreed a licencing deal to bring the mega Audi 90 Quattro as a free gift to new members.

With a substantial Season 4 build already out, the team over at iRacing have deployed another small update bringing a number of minor fixes for the game. Minor tweaks to a selection of the cars and several camera bug fixes being the highlights of the new patch.

In other iRacing related news, the developers have confirmed a licence has been secured to bring the venerable Audi 90 Quattro to iRacing for the first time. Already present in both RaceRoom Racing Experience and Project CARS, the Audi 80 is a high power 4WD closed cockpit GT machine that went on to secure numerous race victories at the height of the Group 5 regulations back in the 1980's. The new car, fully laserscanned as is the usual iRacing way, is now available as a free gift to all new iRacing subscribers by entering the promo code PR-AUDI90.

Check out the 10 minute Audi trailer below:

Season 4 Patch Change Log:

Time of Day
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the selected time of day to be ignored when anything other than “Constant” weather was selected.
Animation
  • Flyover timing has been adjusted to better match race events.
  • Flyover smoke is now influenced by wind.
  • Pit crew helmets are now even safer, with extra padding inside!
Driver
  • Fixed some hard edges on the air vents for open wheel car helmets.
  • Added helmet tear offs for the open cockpit cars helmets.
ARX
  • A new library, “iRacingARXmsg.js,” is now included in the ARX package.

CARS
Aston Martin DBR9 GT1

• Opponent cars are now capable of flashing their headlights.
Dallara DW12
  • Slightly tweaked the road course tires to give a bit more degradation.
Ford GT
  • Shift lamps and suspension have been changed to match the Ford GT GT3.
  • Wheel pivots have been adjusted to help avoid fender collisions.
Formula Renault 2.0
  • Damage parameters have been updated so the engine is less resistant to impacts.
HPD ARX-01c
  • Adjustments have been made to the low DF aero package. This slightly reduces maximum speeds.
  • The mirror portals have been moved out slightly so that when damaged, the mirror frames are not in front of the portal.
  • Adjustments have been made to the seat-belt mesh and the driver position.
Lotus 79
  • Fixed an issue with the driver’s right arm.
Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • The tooltip text for the traction control setting was corrected so it correctly indicates that support decreases when increasing the setting number.
NASCAR XFINITY Chevrolet Camaro
  • Fixed an issue with the pitbox textures.
SCCA Spec Racer Ford
  • Fixed a camera bug.
Skip Barber Formula 2000
  • Fixed a camera bug.
Sprint Car
  • Fixed a camera bug.
Street Stock
  • The rear windshield now uses PBR shaders and should no longer have environment reflections.
TRACKS
Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans

• Fixed curb LOD settings.
  • Various environment fixes and updates.

Take a look at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more of the latest news and community discussion.

Check out our recent iRacing Mid Season Review article here for more thoughts on the game.

iRacing now has Le Mans, have you tried the track yet? What do you think of the simulation at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
No official series as well. This seems purely like a "because we could" thing aimed at leagues for the next 3 months, which isn't exactly reassuring given how much stuff iRacing has announced then never spoken of again. I'm not even sure how well this'll do at bringing in new members, since it's a real hard car to drive if the RaceRoom version is any indication.

Cool car though.

Last edited:
nice addition to the roster, will probably pick it up at a later date, here's hoping they latch on to the cool group05 cars in raceroom and also bring us the bmw320 or the toyota celica which were awesome. Also: having le mans on the service and having established close links to audi certainly raises a little hope here and there ...

let's see what this will yield:

" . . . and stay tuned for another big surprise same time, same station next Tuesday (1pm EDT/ 17:00 GMT September 20th)."

This attitude of giving free content to new members only and making current ones pay for it, only makes me want to unsubscribe from the service. Hopefully my place and monthly payments can be taken over by a new member attracted by the free car.

Last edited:
Man, we can snark all we want about the appeal of this car but everyone and their dog is running some kind of hosted session with it right now. Maybe the "and it's available RIGHT NOW" hype technique is the way to go for releases beyond the super hyped stuff.

Something I just thought as well, it would be really interesting if iRacing did more early/midseason content releases like this. Give everyone some time to learn a new track/car outside official sessions and avoid the usual participation cliff when everyone leaves the series mid-season. Or avoid what happened with Imola where everyone wanted it in their series schedule because yeah new track then no-one showed because people decided they didn't actually like Imola. Heathens.

Think the new patch broke the Street Stock cars in VR for me, getting some ghosting of shadows shown only in the left eye ... Hate it when patches fixing things, break other stuff :( ... Or it could just be nighttime shadows are broken in VR, and only just noticed?

Watched the broadcast on YouTube, got me pretty pumped-up to go drive the Audi 90 Quattro... So, fired up Project Cars, and took it for a spin around Laguna Seca :D ... Also, isn't R3E's Classic GTO pack cheaper than just the Audiio 90 in iRacing?!

Next tuesday iracing is gonna make second announcment, maybe another gto car so you have something to fight with. After the mud announcement this is another dissapointment in my opinion. Bringing a car that is already in Raceroom, Pcars, Forza 6 and as a mod available for Assetto Corsa. Sure if they brought a LMP1 it would be the same but that's a car the buyers want....if they read comments/suggestions of their buyers? DX11 is now there, put people on it and make iRacing more of an experience: day/night transition /rain /diff. tyres /better sound /pitcrew /something......This is what I read from other people and I agree. iRacing puts effort and money on stuff they like but we want stuff we like...the buyers. Who gives a **** that planes pass by on the Le Mans circuit..sure nice the 1st time and when you love planes you like it the 2nd and 3th time :) We want to drive Le Mans in nightmode but that isn't possible.
Why I bother? Because iRacing has the best online racing ESports in my opinion. It's a lot of fun racing with your friends, especially the Endurance races/events. We want it nicer/better/cooler.

It’s unbelievable how many are whining and bitching at the Iracing forum. First world sim-problems, I guess.
I’m really surprised that it’s the Audi (thought it will be Karts) and am eager to try it out. Hopefully there will be a season to race it and that it is not just a hotlap/hosted session car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back