iRacing Rallycross Potentially Coming Next Few Weeks

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Rallycross.jpg

Since dirt content came to iRacing this year fans have been clamouring to find out when the promised Rallycross content will be ready, and it seems like it could be very soon indeed..

Speaking to members of iRacing on the official forums, iRacing President Tony Gardner confirmed the team are full steam ahead with development of the proposed Rallycross content, with the potential to get some content out possibly within the next four weeks.

"Just an update. Our Rally Cross project is still coming along nicely. It is looking like the initial launch will be two cars and three or four circuits. Not sure on the exact timing but it should be this year. Probably within about a month, we can give a better window for the release.

We also are making good progress on the much-requested feature, new license capability. For example, adding both a dirt oval and dirt road (rally cross) license including iRating & Safety Rating etc. It has taken a while as our whole system, database, license and skill structure was hard-coded for just road and oval licenses. However a good shot we will have the new licenses (dirt oval & dirt road) in our next season build.

We also are working on heat racing functionality for both official racing and hosted racing. Much more on this soon but this new functionality also has a good chance of rolling out this year. We are ideally rolling this capability out with Rally Cross racing for example. We would also set up some dirt oval and short track pavement series with this new functionality! (When the timing is right, for example at the start of a new season).

Although each series does things a little differently, heat racing generally would work very similar to the way it works in the real world and includes some nice functional flexibility. Heat racing, for those not familiar, is short races leading up to the main feature race (A-Main) or the consolation race (B-Main). In iRacing, the mini-tournament would all be part of a single session and the whole thing might last for example 45 minutes. For official racing, it would still be part of an overall series.

There also are much more really great projects in development obviously (more on those later) besides the LMP1 Cars we announced today but I thought I would update on rally cross and a couple projects that are related".

iRacing is a racing simulation exclusive to PC and available now, either direct from iRacing.com on via the Steam network.

For more news and discussion, head over to the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDeparment and get yourself involved in the community action.

Looking forward to Rallycross coming to iRacing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
really?? ...what about ffb?...day/night??...terrible fixed sky ?...tyres wear more real...terrible trees in the surroundings??...floating houses on Bathurst?...horrible night lights?
OHH NOOO, floating houses?? :p

I only hope....please iracing give this car for free, we have paid sooooo much.
It is gonna be free, it is gonna be free...
My coach has teach me to visualize things....
IT IS gonna be FREE!

really?? ...what about ffb?...day/night??...terrible fixed sky ?...tyres wear more real...terrible trees in the surroundings??...floating houses on Bathurst?...horrible night lights?

A lot of people think and say the same but the iracing developer teams don't listen. It looks they prefer building new stuff instead of making a better product. I like iRacing but when they announced Dirt i stopped my subscription. That has nothing to do if Dirt is nice or not nice but with the choices they make.

Nice game iracing , such a pity I dont want to remortgage my house to play it .

Indeed It is a very good sim, but ...typical ..

Tracks £11.95 - £14.95 Cars £11.55

Monthly subscription £13

Yes there are discounts with the subscription for new members, or one can buy a yearly subscription for a large discount, but that is still a lot of money to find in one hit.

There is also NO AI to race against, so online/multiplayer only ...

The racing there is also taken very seriously, but then that is understandable for what it cost eh.

Reactions: CC
D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

A lot of people think and say the same but the iracing developer teams don't listen. It looks they prefer building new stuff instead of making a better product. I like iRacing but when they announced Dirt i stopped my subscription. That has nothing to do if Dirt is nice or not nice but with the choices they make.
They only wanna turn a profit.
Everyone who does the calculation will come to the same conclusion, the stuff is waaaaaay overprized. They probably could reduce prices by 50% and still turn a good profit. But there seem to be enough people which want to be ripped off.

They only wanna turn a profit.
Everyone who does the calculation will come to the same conclusion, the stuff is waaaaaay overprized. They probably could reduce prices by 50% and still turn a good profit. But there seem to be enough people which want to be ripped off.
If it is so overpriced I'm sure other companies would realize the opportunity and undercut Iracing prices and still make a huge profit. And yet, in the past 9 years it still hasn't happened. Maybe you are the only smart one out there and other companies are totally stupid and not able to do the calculations you just did.

Iracing is my favorite sim out of the 3 commercially available sims out there. The other two are rfactor 2 and Automobilista, which are decent sim titles if I want some AI races.
Once in a while I play some simcade titles like Assetto Corsa or Dirt Rally just to kill some time. But I also enjoy watching my 5 year old play some arcade driving games like Project Cars or NSF. They are so cute...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

And Coca-Cola could sell a 2L for 7 cents!
That is not 50% .... fail
And we are here not talking about Coca Cola ... fail

If it is so overpriced I'm sure other companies would realize the opportunity and undercut Iracing prices and still make a huge profit. And yet, in the past 9 years it still hasn't happened. Maybe you are the only smart one out there and other companies are totally stupid and not able to do the calculations you just did.
Several companies undercut iRacing prices by far ... AC, PC, R3E, rF2, etc.
And they still live and make good profits (just see how much profit PC1 did)

Your statement is incorrect.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 66 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%