Iracing Noob

So I decided to take the plunge and try I racing for a month and see how I get on. Firstly, it works fine with my rift especially crashing and seeing the front tyres squashing up towards you is great. The driving itself, well I've been testing with the free content and I've got to say it's bloody hard! I'll give it a good go over the next month and see how it goes and as always, any hints tips always welcome cheers

I just started like a month ago. It really is a great platform, the scheduled races are pretty good too, if you have a good pack then everyone raves well it is a blast. My biggest gripe is the fragility of the cars, they take glancing blows and are just rubbish. Nevermind the points taken per race incident, even if it was not your fault, these things make it an exercise in control and frustrations. Also as a starter vehicle the Mx5 really not nearly as satisfying to drive it has vague placement on the track etc. Vs. the NASCAR component these thing you can feel what's happening. The starter road race class should be the skipbarber 2000, it is really so much more fun, 3 types of mx5s is just dumb

And can some one explain what the numbers are? I have a d license and it has my safety rating, what is the other multidigit number next to it?

The number on the left is your safety rating, this is what iRacing will use to promote you to the next licence up. The number on the right is you iRating which determines which split you will be in if there are a number of splits for a race.

speaking of numbers: in any official race, the number on your car says how far up or down you are ranked according to your iRating in that particular field. So, if you are #05 on a grid of 12, there are four chaps ranked higher than you and six chaps ranked below you. This is helpful when it comes to overtaking / being overtaken: A chap with a number smaller than mine will often find a convenient little gap to pass me (if he has gained more than 0.5 / lap over the last laps). A chap way way below my number who tries to overtake in a difficult place, I will let him do what he thinks he must do and pass the wreck a couple of yards on. In practice session you get the number either by preference as stated on your skin or (if that is taken) one by one as you entered the server.

The truck races at the older, bumpy Daytona are a blast. I did quite a few last night, unfortunately the application crashed on me a couple times. Once right after taking the green flag. Not sure what causes that either.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back