iRacing / Next Level Racing Partnership - New product in the works

New Next Level Racing Cockpit in collaboration with iRacing teased in latest press release.

iRacing and Next Level Racing have joined forces to create a couple of new products coming out in Q2 2021. This is a interesting partnership for a number of reasons, not least that this is the first time iRacing have put their name on a piece of hardware. From the Next Level Racing perspective it's a massive win to be associated with one of the most popular sim racing titles on the planet.

We don't get much information on what the two new products will be but from the solitary image we found on the Next Level Racing website we can take an educated guess as to what is in store for at least one of the new cockpits. That is unmistakably aluminium profile with some rather gorgeous looking anodised electric blue brackets. The iRacing logo looks pretty cool too.

Now without seeing the rest of the product it's difficult to say what direction NLR have gone with the rest of the cockpit. We tested the GT Omega last year and was pleasantly surprised at how well GTO had done with their first attempt at an aluminium profile rig, however some attention to detail was lacking such as the end caps not being a perfect fit and lack of various wheel base support. Hopefully Next Level Racing and iRacing spare no expense and cover the finer details.

I am interested to see how iRacing leverage the partnership as their platform will certainly be a big enough one to amplify the products, I expect to see the odd cockpit up for grabs via tournaments and such in the near future.

You can read the full press release here:

Next Level Racing® is set to join forces with iRacing®, the world’s premier motorsport racing simulation software. This year, Next Level Racing® and iRacing® will be embarking on an exciting new partnership, introducing two co-branded cockpits including the launch of a brand-new premium simulator chassis.

This new collaboration between the two leading brands in motorsport simulation will give sim racing enthusiasts plenty to look forward to, with Next Level Racing® offering drivers the full spectrum of premium sim-racing products from entry-level to high-end competition grade cockpits.

“iRacing® is thrilled to partner with Next Level Racing®. This is the first time we will place our brand on a piece of hardware and the decision wasn't made lightly. iRacing® has built our brand around quality, and for that reason, it was extremely important to us to associate with a company that felt the same and could deliver that. We are all very excited to give sim racers a great experience not only with our software but now in partnership with Next Level Racing®.” Otto Szebeni – Director of Sales and Marketing for iRacing®.

“We are excited to collaborate with iRacing®, a market leader in simulation software to introduce what we believe is the best consumer racing cockpit. The new premium cockpit has been designed specifically for sim racers that demand nothing but the best. Our Design Team’s relentless pursuit for perfection in combination with the expertise from our friends at iRacing® has helped set a new benchmark for a racing cockpit.”
Kam Khadem – Head of Brand and Strategic Growth for Next Level Racing®.

Further details of this exciting partnership, as well as the unveiling of Next Level Racing®’s new premium cockpit, will be revealed in Q2 2021 and used by esports and professional drivers globally. To be the first to receive exclusive updates for the Next Level Racing® x iRacing® partnership, sign up here

iracing_blog_head.jpg

don't take it too serious mate, enjoy the sim you are driving :)

Exactly, I rarely write to bitch but often with unusual answers.

By the way, I'm sorry you're writing for the first time on RaceDepartment just for this, I'm sorry you didn't get my humour.

Good continuation on the forums until my next offbeat post^^.

By the way, as the past here, for Iracing, I call him the Gold Mammoth of the virtual car games.

With the subscriptions that work, this game is a gold mine for the studio and allows to add content quite easily and this despite the years so we will not complain.

Last edited:
I really feel iracing is the only dev that's pushing Sims to the Next level ......
Stopped my sub last year but really wish other Sims would up online racing a bit more...

Am guessing a new motion seat is in the works.. Hope the collaboration leads to bigger things.

I really feel iracing is the only dev that's pushing Sims to the Next level ......
Stopped my sub last year but really wish other Sims would up online racing a bit more...

Am guessing a new motion seat is in the works.. Hope the collaboration leads to bigger things.
Well i'd be interested to know if the NLR Motion module works with this new rig. If it does that could be a nice route into motion. After writing this article I reached out to NLR but this was about as much as I could get from them at this time so we will have to wait and see.

Recently converted iRacing devotee here. I also have nothing against Next Level, I'm just your average sim racing consumer (i.e. I have more money than sense) giving his opinion. This type of branding has never moved me towards a purchase. I shop based on price, features, and customer reviews. If the option I end up liking has some kind of stickers on it - whether that be some random manufacturer logo, Ferrari, Gran Turismo, Pepsi, whatever - I could really care less. Well, that's not entirely true...if I suspect those stickers are in some way inflating the price (as seems to happen in particular with anything stamped "Ferrari" or "Porsche"), it might make me *less* inclined to buy it.

Now, all that being said, I think this is probably a big win for Next Level. As I have said before, I think the iRacing community tends to be very insular. It's my belief that if you took a random sample of 100 people with 100+ hrs of Assetto Corsa playtime and 100 people with 100+ hrs iRacing playtime and asked each group if there is any other sim they've reached 100 hours in, you would find the percentage of AC players answering "yes" to be significantly higher than the percentage of iRacers saying yes. Put more simply, I believe the percentage of iRacing who identify as "iRacers" rather than "sim racers" is significant. As such, I could see a lot of iRacers who are looking to go deeper into the hobby in terms of hardware having their purchase decisions being heavily influenced by an iRacing-licensed product.

Note that I didn't say any of this was good, bad, or stupid. Just a set of considered opinions from a guy who's been around the sim racing block a time or two. :)

It'll just be an aluminium profile rig, like the hundreds on offer already. Only difference is it will come at a premium and will have iracing stickers on it.
Can't wait to see what their 'Design Team' has come up with :rolleyes:

Recently converted iRacing devotee here. I also have nothing against Next Level, I'm just your average sim racing consumer (i.e. I have more money than sense) giving his opinion. This type of branding has never moved me towards a purchase. I shop based on price, features, and customer reviews. If the option I end up liking has some kind of stickers on it - whether that be some random manufacturer logo, Ferrari, Gran Turismo, Pepsi, whatever - I could really care less. Well, that's not entirely true...if I suspect those stickers are in some way inflating the price (as seems to happen in particular with anything stamped "Ferrari" or "Porsche"), it might make me *less* inclined to buy it.

Now, all that being said, I think this is probably a big win for Next Level. As I have said before, I think the iRacing community tends to be very insular. It's my belief that if you took a random sample of 100 people with 100+ hrs of Assetto Corsa playtime and 100 people with 100+ hrs iRacing playtime and asked each group if there is any other sim they've reached 100 hours in, you would find the percentage of AC players answering "yes" to be significantly higher than the percentage of iRacers saying yes. Put more simply, I believe the percentage of iRacing who identify as "iRacers" rather than "sim racers" is significant. As such, I could see a lot of iRacers who are looking to go deeper into the hobby in terms of hardware having their purchase decisions being heavily influenced by an iRacing-licensed product.

Note that I didn't say any of this was good, bad, or stupid. Just a set of considered opinions from a guy who's been around the sim racing block a time or two. :)

I agree that iRacers are likely more insular - I was when I was subbed. The fact that you essentially pay by the hour makes you want to get the most out of it - play it as often as possible. I played very few of my other sims while iRacing.
That and there's a feeling you get in iRacing that the others don't (at least for me) provoke - sweaty palms, anticipation, nervousness. It feels like there's a lot riding on every single race in iRacing - that feeling of progress or demotion is really tangible. When I make a $hitty turn my other sims, I'll often just restart the race. With iRacing, I always finish, even if I'm last.

PS Would be subbed to iRacing, but I'm broke azz and have a new baby. Life is goood (not sarcasm)!!

That and there's a feeling you get in iRacing that the others don't (at least for me) provoke - sweaty palms, anticipation, nervousness. It feels like there's a lot riding on every single race in iRacing - that feeling of progress or demotion is really tangible. When I make a $hitty turn my other sims, I'll often just restart the race. With iRacing, I always finish, even if I'm last.
I hope all other Sim development teams read this! This is what they need to bring to their Sims.

I hope all other Sim development teams read this! This is what they need to bring to their Sims.
Getting a service like that of iRacing, running the servers and software development costs millions.
Not many companies can have such a long term devotion to working on just one product.
As iRacing is the online racingking by now.
I can't really explain, the physics and graphics are not outstanding at all (but the same for everyone).
Love driving feel in rFactor 2 or a good mod for Assetto Corsa a bit more.
But somehow even when I log in to open iPractice I got the sense i'm visiting a real track day.
At any time that suits me.
I'm too slow, as i don't have enough time to master the new cars or tracks.
Still getting my name higher on the timing ranking feels great.
Sometimes i let my sub go for half a year, when i'm to busy.
But keep getting back, to test yet another huge update or track i want to drive.
"Own" about 80% of all the road-content, quite a nice collection.
Only to find out the Porsche rear-end still sucks balls,

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes