iRacing - Hosted Events

Hey all,
I'd like to find out how many people here would be interested in joining regularly scheduled hosted events. Events would most likely take place on Sunday Mornings @ 9am EST. I would use a mixture of default tracks and some of the more popular tracks that would need to be purchased (if the participant doesn't already have them). I would also like to know what car(s) folks would like to run. My idea is to set up a friendly environment were all skill levels are welcome with casual racing where driving tips, set-ups, and general knowledge about iRacing can be shared. Maybe even some coaching.:) The practice sessions would be 30 minutes with a short quali and then a 20 minute race. The initial intent is to have a place for RD members to gather and race in a more relaxed setting where SR and iR are not impacted. I don't know about you all but hot lapping and practicing alone is no fun. Please make any suggestions in your comments.

These events would be on the Road racing side. However, if Oval racing is your thing please speak up because I also run Ovals and if the demand is there I would be open to setting something up.

Why so early? Not even Europe will be free yet. I like the suggested choices, but I also put down other as in maybe GT1, the Aston and Corvette. But im really up for whatever. I can also help/coach, its what I used to do in iR.

I would be ok for this. I also voted other and would like to see the Skip Barber and GT1 cars as options. I drive the Corvette regularly in the official GT1 series and also the race the Skip Barber series. I have 100% iRacing content, so if anyone has questions about any cars or tracks, let me know.

Nice to see you @Troy Eddy . Glad you're interested. Glad to see @James Nance as well. Well folks. These are two talented iRacers that we slower guys could all learn from. So, if your feeling bashful, don't. These will be relaxed sessions where folks can race with no pressure - well, a little pressure, but... You know what I mean.;)

Let's hear from some more of you.

i'd be down for whatever time everyone is good with. i'd also be down for some ovals either with indy cars or some nascar series. if this does take off if you could pm me the day and time i'd for sure show up, I just know i'll forget to check back with this thread.

Hi Snappy, thanks for trying this out. I'm game for anything but I do love the GT cars and having tried out the IMSA races mixed classes are pretty intense. But, then again running gears is also fun so I'd be game for the Mazda, Spec Racer Ford too.

Why don't you put me down for open for anything. :) I will have to set my alarm and try not to wake the family, but does sound like a bunch of fun!

Hi guys, the voting doesn't conclude until next Monday. I think it's fair to say that right now the GT3 category is running away with it. That's cool BUT... I want to make sure that folks aren't intimidated by that. If you are newer to iRacing or you just feel like your not experienced enough with the GT3 cars to participate then don't worry. The point will be to practice, quali and race stress free with no worries as to how it may affect your own or other peoples iR and SR. Set ups can be shared and general questions, tips and advice will be as well.

Also, just a note: there are no License requirements in hosted sessions so even if you have a D license you will still be able to race. Join in and have fun. Get some experience racing around other cars and then take what you learned over to the official races to work your way up the License ladder. Of course, you could do that in iRacing practice sessions but, believe me, it can get boring in there if you don't know anyone. I just want this to be a regular thing where you will meet or know who your racing/practicing with.

Hi guys, the voting doesn't conclude until next Monday. I think it's fair to say that right now the GT3 category is running away with it. That's cool BUT... I want to make sure that folks aren't intimidated by that. If you are newer to iRacing or you just feel like your not experienced enough with the GT3 cars to participate then don't worry. The point will be to practice, quali and race stress free with no worries as to how it may affect your own or other peoples iR and SR. Set ups can be shared and general questions, tips and advice will be as well.

Also, just a note: there are no License requirements in hosted sessions so even if you have a D license you will still be able to race. Join in and have fun. Get some experience racing around other cars and then take what you learned over to the official races to work your way up the License ladder. Of course, you could do that in iRacing practice sessions but, believe me, it can get boring in there if you don't know anyone. I just want this to be a regular thing where you will meet or know who your racing/practicing with.
Again to reiterate, Im usually online each night from 7-9pm Est. Practicing something. I mainly do the GT1 Championship but im also interested in the Blancpain GT3 using the BMW. I sometimes drag some people in the GT1 cars and share my setups and coach when I can too.

Does GT1 and GT3 multi class sound crazy?

I don't really like that mixture. I used to race in the old GT Challenge series when I first joined iRacing. The GT1 cars are faster, but not by much, making it very difficult for a slow GT1 driver to get past a decent GT3 driver. It is very frustrating when on a smaller track which doesn't have long enough straights to make a clean pass.

I would say so too. Drove it last season (my first in GT3) and proved good fun with very little knowledge in setups. ...this season has started out, well... a little poorly. Trying a new car, the McLaren and boy I just can't get a handle on this car.

Thanks for the advice. I will pick up the Z4. I just need to get out of this rookie stuff. I've done all the race requirements, just need to get my safety rating up. The Road Safety rating is higher than the Oval one (I guess because in the first race I ran, got caught up in a restrictor plate mess at Daytona). How many races does it take to get above 3.0 ? I'm at 2.7 on ovals and 2.8 on Road courses.

Thanks for the advice. I will pick up the Z4. I just need to get out of this rookie stuff. I've done all the race requirements, just need to get my safety rating up. The Road Safety rating is higher than the Oval one (I guess because in the first race I ran, got caught up in a restrictor plate mess at Daytona). How many races does it take to get above 3.0 ? I'm at 2.7 on ovals and 2.8 on Road courses.
Dave, you should do Time Trials to get those last two tenths of a point. Then, once ypu're promoted, you can go back to official sessions. Shouldn't take long. What tracks do you have?

All right guys...the poll is almost over. The next thing to take into account is the question of what tracks we want to run at. I'd like to use mostly free tracks with some paid tracks mixed in. The purpose of that would be to keep participation at a decent level. Here is a list:

Included Tracks:
Daytona 2007
Lime Rock
Laguna Seca
Okayama International
Summit Point

Paid Tracks:
Mid-Ohio
Road America
Mosport
Watkins Glen
Sebring
Suzuka
Phillip Island
Bathurst
Donnington
Spa

Anyway, you get the idea. We don't have to run all of them but I'd like to hear what people have paid for and try to get the more popular tracks run. That's all.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.