iRacing Gets a Ferrari - F488 GTE Licenced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Ferrari 488 GTE.jpg

iRacing.com have confirmed the iconic Ferrari brand will soon be appearing in their premium online only racing simulation, with a deal struck to bring the 2016 F488 GTE to the sim in all its digital glory.

The F488 GTE is a venerable racing thoroughbred machine, born from a desire for the Ferrari name to remain at the top of the world's GT standings in light of stiff competiton from the likes of Ford, Aston Martin and Chevrolet to name but a few, the new for 2016 F488 GTE is one of the finest GT specification cars ever to roll of the Maranello production line.

“This is a landmark moment for iRacing and online racing,” says Steve Myers, Executive Vice President and Executive Producer for iRacing.com. “Ferrari is synonymous with world championship calibre race cars and high performance automobiles. The Prancing Horse logo famously inspires passion among racing and automotive aficionados everywhere. iRacers are also passionate about online racing and I have no doubt they will be thrilled at the prospects of racing the 488 GTE and other Ferraris in the future.”

The official statement from iRacing on the new partnership with Ferrari states they have "announced plans to create digital versions of Ferrari’s models". Special note should be made of the s on the end of that final word... models. This leads us to believe the F488 GTE licence could be the first of many Ferrari's to join the simulation, and you can never have enough Ferrari's now can you?

The iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. Head over to the forum and join in the discussion today!

So finally a Ferrari comes to iRacing. Are you looking forward to trying the famous Italian marque in the sim? Would you like to see more Ferrari cars in iRacing, if so, which ones? Let us know in the comments section below!

I think more is better. However I think they should work on a complete series rather than sporadic miss matched content. As somebody pointed out above you can get a shed load of Porsches for similar price in assetto corsa, kind of makes that one ferrari a little bit meh.

I don't see the need for those two recently released cars either, I am sure they are fun to drive etc but they dropped them after a week of speculation. This, which in my opinion is a bit of a bigger deal was just dropped out with no teasing. Strange.

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
I think more is better. However I think they should work on a complete series rather than sporadic miss matched content. As somebody pointed out above you can get a shed load of Porsches for similar price in assetto corsa, kind of makes that one ferrari a little bit meh.

I don't see the need for those two recently released cars either, I am sure they are fun to drive etc but they dropped them after a week of speculation. This, which in my opinion is a bit of a bigger deal was just dropped out with no teasing. Strange.
iRacing has admitted that a GTE class in the works. We got Ferrari, but they still hold Aston Martin's contract that gives access to two more cars. The Vantage V12 GT3 has been teased repeatedly and the other one which will come out of that deal with the Vantage V8 GTE that races in WEC.

Dennis

RedShift Racing
Does anyone have a mirror of the teaser that iRacing had briefly posted on twitter yesterday? They have deleted that tweet for some reason...

Really nice car, looking forward to having a modern GTE line-up in iRacing - especially since car restrictions will be gone once DX9 is no longer supported.

Does anyone have a mirror of the teaser that iRacing had briefly posted on twitter yesterday? They have deleted that tweet for some reason...

Really nice car, looking forward to having a modern GTE line-up in iRacing - especially since car restrictions will be gone once DX9 is no longer supported.

Will car restrictions be gone? I thought they were just testing 6 cars 2 builds ago, I didn't know it was all good now with dx11

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 135 26.7%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 9.9%
  • €3001-5000