iRacing Get’s an Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Update.jpg

iRacing has been updated recently, check out the change log details below.

Not quite the brobdingnagian change log of usual form from the iRacing developers, the most recent update to the online racing simulation is nevertheless a very solid one, keeping with the tradition of bringing our regular and useful updates to a simulation that is currently focussed exclusively on online racing, but is set to receive its very own offline AI in the coming months...

Highlights of the new build released in the last couple of days include some useful server commands for race admin, performance improvements with specific car and track combinations and other miscellaneous improvements as can be seen below.

iRacing Changelog:

Members Website
  • Fixed an issue with the Official Race Guide where some Series' Race Session start times were being displayed as 1 hour later than they actually were.
Race Control
  • Added a new Admin command, "!restart <single|double>" which allows Admins to change whether the upcoming restarts will be single or double file.
  • This can only be used if the event was configured for double file restarts in the first place.
  • You can change the restart type up before a caution changes to One To Go, but once a caution reaches One To Go, the restart type for that caution is locked.
  • Race Control will report to the Admin Channel what restart type the upcoming restart will be, when a Caution is thrown, so Admins can stay aware of how each restart will behave.
  • These commands are also available in the right-click pop-up menu.

Telemetry
  • The telemetry variable, "EnergyBatteryToMGU_KLapPct" has been renamed, "EnergyMGU_KLapDeployPct" to better reflect the blue energy percent per lap bar on the Porsche 919.

EasyAntiCheat
  • A new EAC library version has been imported that can more directly avoid issuing kicks when there is substantial packet loss.

CARS:
NASCAR Camping World Toyota Tundra

• The brand new Brett Moffitt paint scheme has been added to this vehicle!

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Chevrolet SS
  • Adjusted opponent vehicles to fix a frame rate issue at the plate tracks.

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Ford Fusion

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Toyota Camry

TRACKS:
Sonoma Raceway

• The pace car driver at this track has received some additional training. He will no longer drive through the pit entry barrier.
  • Patched a world geometry seam on the driver's right-side at Turn 2.

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the most recent update to the simulation? Enjoying iRacing so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
i have bought content for about 1.000€, and it's quality.
If Forza 7 for example was as expensive, online races would be better.
Raceroom is a really cheap game, i don't understant whey many cry about the price.
but i have cancelled my membership, i wait for AI and more content
I dont mind it too much only a few cars I drive anyways and was always good fun,
my main issues was the physics and specially with my wheel,
but not drive it now over 2 years this might have changed,
maybe next year I will try it again :)

I dont mind it too much only a few cars I drive anyways and was always good fun,
my main issues was the physics and specially with my wheel,
but not drive it now over 2 years this might have changed,
maybe next year I will try it again :)

Yeah I thought it was pretty good at the time, but I've not used iRacing in over 4 years... that's what having a kid does... my rig is too noisy to use at night and her bedtime is right when all the best/most popular races are so I've no chance of getting in them, plus when I was doing it semi-properly I was having to put in a couple of hours practice a week to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself, and I just don't have the time now.

With AC (and others, but I ended up using AC all the time), I can jump into some driving for 10-15 mins when I get time. Online racing just doesn't work for my schedule. Maybe when they get the AI out I'll have another look at it.

Yeah I thought it was pretty good at the time, but I've not used iRacing in over 4 years... that's what having a kid does... my rig is too noisy to use at night and her bedtime is right when all the best/most popular races are so I've no chance of getting in them, plus when I was doing it semi-properly I was having to put in a couple of hours practice a week to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself, and I just don't have the time now.

With AC (and others, but I ended up using AC all the time), I can jump into some driving for 10-15 mins when I get time. Online racing just doesn't work for my schedule. Maybe when they get the AI out I'll have another look at it.

Same for me, the little fella is coming up to a year old now. Hardly any SIM time for me now, although I did manage a few assetto corsa races last night. A few laps practice and let the fun begin. With iracing I'd have to put in at least a couple of evenings practice.

Anyone know how often they do Promotion Codes for Renewals? I often see codes for newcomers, I'm interested in jumping back in when the AI are released just hoping there's a code for Renewals.

Wouldnt say it was expensive,
but if you compare buying every single track and every single car,
you could buy the next 20 AAA racing game titles over the next 7 years,
I mean how to justify the costs ?
Yep, they should be a sub only thing, pay the year price and have access to all the content, in the end you are buying a new game from them every year with the sub alone so paying extra to unlock content makes no sense to me at all.
But when all other devs let iRacing free to do whatever they want you cant expect it to change :D IMO it's not too hard to either make iRacing go bankrupt with this model or force them to change if someone decide to compete with them.

well, they are trying to compete, RRE has introduced a ranking system or talked about it, also AC, if I remember correctly, at least considered it. It really is probably down to intent: you join iRacing to do online races and once you are in you tend to do a lot of them, if only to justify the price to yourself. You buy AC or other games to play against AI or do club races which by definition are very limited in number.

A lot of "updates""upgrades" but iR is absolutely almost the same game since 2007 :\
which is why it still runs like an ace and looks just fine on my old office type pc (first generation i7, gtx650) and i haven't felt the need to upgrade anything for ages. my wallet and my nerves love that :)

p.s.: but it looks like i will have to miss out on ACC because i only ever buy new stuff when the old stuff is broken or used up, golden rule of life in a consumer society ;)

Was just looking at this, looks like a good improvement and much needed one. But what stuck in my head is what he starts explaining at 0:35 about creating the mesh for each track. So this wasn't the case up to now? I thought that's one of the main benefits of laser scanning the track, getting all the bumps and cracks in the asphalt and translating them into the FFB. Am I misunderstanding something?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.