iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 Coming Next Month

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Formula Renault 2.0.jpg

Having recently signed a multi car deal to feature an array of Renault racing cars, iRacing are slowly sneaking out details showing the first fruits of this new arrangement. The upcoming release of the Formula Renault 2.0 is due to hit the game in March.

Making its debut on the racing scene all the way back in 2000, the Formula Renault 2.0 championship has proved to supply strong on-track action amongst drivers who are learning their trade as they work their way up the motorsport ladder. Previous champions of the many different national and European series include Formula One stars Kimi Räikkönen, Felipe Massa, Lewis Hamilton and Romain Grosjean alongside a range of sucsessful drivers across all motorsport series.

The car itself sports a 210 bhp, 2.0L Renault F4R 832 engine connected to a 7-speed sequential gearbox. The open wheel vehicle is built and designed by French racing team Barazi-Epsilon.

Further details are currently unavailable.

Excited about a new lower power open wheel car in iRacing? Do you think this could replace the Star Mazda as car of choice in this category? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
It could very well turn out to be the new hotness when it comes to iRacing's go-to low powered open wheel racer but nothing can replace the noise of the Star Mosquito. :p<nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>

Just thinking about that whiny engine is enough to induce a headache. Kidding aside, I could see this little thing having a nice amount of participation given how these lower end formula cars are generally pretty forgiving to drive so the barrier of entry won't be as high as say the MP4-30. That said, if they ever intend to bust out the RS-01 with the GT3 homologation package then hoo boy am I gonna be all over that thing. I'll just forget about all these open wheel deals. ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.