iRacing: 2019 Season 2 Patch 2 Update Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Update.jpg

A new update to iRacing has recently been released. Read on to find out what changed.

The new build, deployed April 5th, contains the usual list of fixes, improvements and changes to the online racing service. The latest build includes improved animation transitions during pitstops for the IndyCar content, various miscelanious changes and other such improvements, as can be seen below.

iRacing BETA Interface - 01.00.27-beta
  • Session Registration is now disabled if the Session is full.
  • New filters have been added to the Car List.
  • License Requirement Filtering now utilizes License Group instead of License Levels.
  • For Tag filters, License Levels have been rearranged in descending order.
  • Noon is now the default simulated starting time when creating any Hosted Session.
  • Navigating to the Error page without having an actual error now redirects the user to the home page.
  • The turquoise banner alerting the user that the Series they are browsing in Unranked has been removed.
  • The tinted overlay on the images for the Home Page News Slider has been reduced.
  • Fixed an issue where the Results for an event would automatically switch which session type results it was displaying.
  • Fixed an issue where trying to load a Replay at the Nürburgring Combined track would ask you to buy something you already own.
  • Fixed an issue with Grid View where items would change location after becoming a favorite (starred).
  • Fixed an issue with Grid View where some sorting options were not working.

Membersite
  • Prior to this release, the login pages, shopping cart, billing, and purchasing pages and "My Account" portion of the membersite were delivered via HTTPS. With this release, all remaining portions of the membersite are also delivered via HTTPS.
- - With the exception of the forums, all pages of the membersite should be marked as secure at all times. This displays as a green lock in Firefox, a grey lock in Chrome, and a clear lock in Edge. If you encounter any pages which are not secure or which display Mixed Content warnings, please contact support@iracing.com and these will be corrected.
- - The forums will also be delivered via HTTPS, but will display Mixed Content warnings when members include image links from insecure sites. These do NOT need to be reported as it is the expected behavior and functions in the same manner as other forums and news aggregations sites. All data between the browser and iRacing's web infrastructure remains encrypted.​

Internet Explorer
  • With this release, Internet Explorer will no longer properly display various portions of the membersite. As discussed in the 2019 Season 2 Release Notes, support for all versions of Internet Explorer was dropped on March 5, 2019. Members currently using Internet Explorer should begin using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge to access the membersite.

iRacing Test Drive Service
The iRacing Test Drive service has been updated with the latest and greatest content!

Simultaneous Multi-Projection (SMP) Rendering
Fixed an issue that was causing missing or flashing triangles near the edges of the screen when using SMP "perspective surround w-warping multi-projection" with a GTX2000 series GPU.

Single Pass Stereo (SPS) Rendering
Fixed SPS to work correctly with non-parallel eye projections on GTX2000 series GPUs.
- - GTX1000 series GPUs are unable to do this with SPS enabled.​

Pit Stop Animation - Indycars
Transitions between animations have been smoothed to reduce animation flicker.

Virtual Reality
Fixed an issue with the visor tear-offs not appearing in right-eye when Single-Pass Stereo (SPS) Rendering was enabled.

Dirt Late Model
(ALL) - Passenger-side WOO decal has been moved up to where it was located last season.

Bristol Motor Speedway
Opponent cars at this track should now be less inclined to run up into the outside wall.

Charlotte Motor Speedway
Fixed a track surface bump in the backstretch apron near the chicane.

Eldora Speedway
Gravity now affects the animated pit crew waiting for your vehicle normally here.

To stay on top of the latest iRacing happenings, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

To be honest...everybody can have his opinion. But dont spread lies about it on the internet buddy. You dont need to write me a book to convince me;) I have no problem when you think that way but dont write such lies on the internet. Thats not cool;) and call Iracing a scam is a total nonsense and a nogo. Why you think Porsche has took Iracing as a Partner for their Esports competition??? Because Iracing is the Best. And yes I love also AC, Acc, pc2, rf2, r3e. But the whole package Iracing offering is unbeatable;)
I linked all my 'lies', so what's your f-word problem? And try the new Flat 6 in rF2 or the AMS Boxer to get a real comparison for the Cup Porsche. I would say, Raceroom screwed up this car and AC is not good enough as well, but especially the new Flat 6 mod completely ridicules the iRacing-Porsche and they are similar in some kind. And it seems you missed a news. And pCars 2 has also better motion-cues as well with my GS-5, when running laserscanned tracks.

I linked all my 'lies', so what's your f-word problem? And try the new Flat 6 in rF2 or the AMS Boxer to get a real comparison for the Cup Porsche. I would say, Raceroom screwed up this car and AC is not good enough as well, but especially the new Flat 6 mod completely ridicules the iRacing-Porsche and they are similar in some kind. And it seems you missed a news. And pCars 2 has also better motion-cues as well with my GS-5, when running laserscanned tracks.

Why should I have a f.... problem??? Only because I dont share your opinion. Find another dude you can convince;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should I have a f.... problem??? Only because I dont share your opinion. Find another dude you can convince;)
Just to quote yourself: But dont spread lies about it on the internet buddy.
WTF are those lies? I back up my position quite well and your opinion is nothing else than your opinion. You don't have even any arguments other than your feeling. Have fun in iRacing, but i suggest: never think the real cars are driving even remotely close to that. I don't say that any sim is matching real life, i just say it's definitely not iRacing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to quote yourself: But dont spread lies about it on the internet buddy.
WTF are those lies? I back up my position quite well and your opinion is nothing else than your opinion. You don't have even any arguments other than your feeling. Have fun in iRacing, but i suggest: never think the real cars are driving even remotely close to that. I don't say that any sim is matching real life, i just say it's definitely not iRacing.

Yes....you back up your position with a lot of nonsense that you found on the Internet and think, believe or hope its the truth. Do you really believe that all this BS you write and back up is the truth only because it is in the internet and some important dude has said that. Come on;) wake up. And yes I will have my fun with Iracing. Thank you;)

Yes....you back up your position with a lot of nonsense that you found on the Internet and think, believe or hope its the truth. Do you really believe that all this BS you write and back up is the truth only because it is in the internet and some important dude has said that. Come on;) wake up. And yes I will have my fun with Iracing. Thank you;)
Do you really think the Skip Barber driving school was about driving a car, that is far more easier to handle than any rental- or race-kart? Champions went through this school i heard and for getting a spirit of the real Skip Barber you need to run rF2 and you need to know that this car has exaggerated oversteer off throttle and it's a handful, not an arcade formula-looking car like in iRacing. iRacing made this car easy af to sell it to their former rookie-drivers and dollars are their first priority, simulation value seems last. The Ferrari GT3 is also a joke and the Radical on the other side a bit too crazy to be true. Sorry, too many cars completely BS for my taste.

Do you really think the Skip Barber driving school was about driving a car, that is far more easier to handle than any rental- or race-kart? Champions went through this school i heard and for getting a spirit of the real Skip Barber you need to run rF2 and you need to know that this car has exaggerated oversteer off throttle and it's a handful, not an arcade formula-looking car like in iRacing. iRacing made this car easy af to sell it to their former rookie-drivers and dollars are their first priority, simulation value seems last. The Ferrari GT3 is also a joke and the Radical on the other side a bit too crazy to be true. Sorry, too many cars completely BS for my taste.

Haha;) I think nobody can help you. Have a nice life

Haha;) I think nobody can help you. Have a nice life
So that's your arguments. I have one more: iRacing made their BS-Skippy to draft like crazy, even if the next one is 100 meters ahead to get people lured into oval-racing. This fantasy-Skippy is nothing else than an arcade-fantasy-car for oval-feeling road racing to sell more oval-content.

The rf2 and iRacing model are not the same model.
Rf2 race version and iRacing is the training version.
It was also said on the forms that the new tire model was more or less just a beta and not the final version.

The rf2 and iRacing model are not the same model.
Rf2 race version and iRacing is the training version.
It was also said on the forms that the new tire model was more or less just a beta and not the final version.
Better backup your claims, because the rF2 version has both the regional and national version with different tyres. Both are completely different than this ridiculous nerd BS-oval car in iRacing, which never ever had any resemblance to the real car or to any rF2 version.
By the way: In the real car it's enough to lift the throttle about one inch for shifting. You probably know that the iRacing version needs complete lift off throttle to shift.

Last edited:
Better backup your claims

This is from the site...

There are going to be a lot of different sim perceptions, different tire pressures and different real world impressions but I think it's important to have more context and while I'm probably not the best person to provide it, I'll try.

I was at iRacing today and spent some time in Dave’s office and we talked about the new tire model and alpha testers seem to really like what's happening on the cars that it has been applied to. With regard to the Skippy, there hasn't been a lot of testing - one could say that releasing it on one car provides a fertile testing environment and probably something should have been said to that effect.

Some of you may know this car as the first one built by iRacing. The build process has changed a lot over the last decade so you have a car that is not as sophisticated as some of the others and one could argue it should be rebuilt from the ground up. The problem with that though is it's not so much in use any longer and its replacement should probably be a Formula 4. iRacing has been working on licensing the car but it's not ready yet. That's one issue and it is an issue.

Another issue is that iRacing does not have a lot of testers. A lot of people say they would love to be alpha or beta testers, but when they actually become that, they find it isn't as much fun - in fact it can be repetitive and you can end up testing cars or aspects you're not really interested in (I was a tester for NR2003!). It is work to sit there and test and report fully. A lot of best of our testers have been there forever testing because you can count on them to do the work. And you see how much content there is - there is a lot to test when you make a change of almost any kind. So the Skippy hasn't been tested a lot.

While Dave has quite a bit of seat time in real Skippys, he hasn't tested the 7th iteration that much on this car and when he does he's driving a real world 24lbs front and 36 rear. It's pretty balanced there. Of course in the real Skippy world - unless you're allowed to alter the pressure in advanced series - you are probably at 36/36 or at least used to be.

As he and I talked, it became clear to me that this isn't the final iteration of the NTM7 Skippy but the first and there was a reduction in engine power as you've seen while there was no reduction in grip. It should have been the other way around. There was excessive grip in previous versions because the tire models were not as realistic as NTM7 and NTM7 doesn't require as much grip. Expect to see power restored and less grip as NTM7 gets tweaked thanks to your testing.

Any of you are welcome to reach out to iRacing to become testers - a lot of you seem more than qualified - but know it's really hard work and regimented with things to fill out constantly etc. In this case with just the Skippy released with the new tire model, you are the first wide testing of NTM7 this season and iRacing is listening. In general there is a lot to like about the new model and some of the comments are going to be dependent on tire pressures noting that low pressures currently are probably a result of tweaks that have not been finished.

I appreciate your love of the Skippy - it's always been my favorite car. I've driven it at Lime Rock where iRacing staff have gathered a couple of times and driven Formula Fords in California in the old days" and for me to have this type of car in iRacing is a must. It's heartening to see how passionately you want this particular car to mirror the real world. Dave's passionate about this car as well but he's immersed in a lot of vehicles with NTM7 so like it or not you are the chosen ones to opine on what is right and what is wrong. Unfortunately it's an old car for iRacing. So apologies for making you guinea pigs!!

I'm excited to see a Formula 4 someday someday built the way iRacing builds cars these days. .

As he and I talked, it became clear to me that this isn't the final iteration of the NTM7 Skippy but the first and there was a reduction in engine power as you've seen while there was no reduction in grip. It should have been the other way around. There was excessive grip in previous versions because the tire models were not as realistic as NTM7 and NTM7 doesn't require as much grip. Expect to see power restored and less grip as NTM7 gets tweaked thanks to your testing.
And like people mentioned in the thread: How on earth can grip and engine torque be even more wrong in the 'new' car while it should be the opposite? iRacing is selling this car still for double the price than a full AMS-version for sale, even it's 10 years old and even AMS has by far better tyre-physics than iRacing. How can this version be so ridiculous different to the real car? How can this drafting-BS so ridiculous exaggerated away from anything seen in physics? How on earth can someone even decide testing a new tyre-model supposed to simulate slick-tyres on a car that's running some kind of road tyres in the first place? And no, there are real Skippy-drivers who asked for beta-testing your nerd car, but they have been ignored.

And like people mentioned in the thread: How on earth can grip and engine torque be even more wrong in the 'new' car while it should be the opposite? iRacing is selling this car still for double the price than a full AMS-version for sale, even it's 10 years old and even AMS has by far better tyre-physics than iRacing. How can this version be so ridiculous different to the real car? How can this drafting-BS so ridiculous exaggerated away from anything seen in physics? How on earth can someone even decide testing a new tyre-model supposed to simulate slick-tyres on a car that's running some kind of road tyres in the first place? And no, there are real Skippy-drivers who asked for beta-testing your nerd car, but they have been ignored.

I think you really should take a chill Pill;)

What's wrong with Ferrari GT3? Just curious.
Just a feeling in this case. I mean there are enough G3-cars in other titles and this one in iRacing feels like simcade for me. Super easy to drive, way too much grip and just deal with the understeer. Few days ago i tested this car in ACC and iRacing (tweaked setup) which ACC won by far. And similar concepts like the McLarens in rF2 i would rate better than ACC, but not like a landslide as compare to iRacing.

Verstappen did a lot of time in the F3 of iRacing, his remarks were, this thing drives totaly different than the real car. Same comment were posted about the cup-Porsche from real drivers.
iRacing is a e-sports platform that tries to make a competitive platform to race on, not neccecairly the most accurate simulator.

Verstappen did a lot of time in the F3 of iRacing, his remarks were, this thing drives totaly different than the real car. Same comment were posted about the cup-Porsche from real drivers.
iRacing is a e-sports platform that tries to make a competitive platform to race on, not neccecairly the most accurate simulator.

Elliott Skeer said:
There is an extremely specific way to drive a Cup car fast (both in real and in sim), any variation of that way will result in instant and noticeable negative feedback to the driver.

Are there some minor physics issues with the Cup? Yes, its a game and it will never be perfect. That being said, the way I approach driving it and the inputs I give the car are damn near exact to the real thing. This is the closest thing to a real car in terms of difficulty to drive at the limit.

Buckle up buttercup, she's a wild ride!

Elliot skeer ex cup car driver...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes