Introducing the Lotus 3-Eleven for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Lotus 3 Eleven 2.jpg

With the 'Ready to Race' DLC for Assetto Corsa just around the corner, Kunos Simulazioni have today revealed the next car of the new pack.. Introducing the Lotus 3-Eleven...!

Although the simulation already has several models from the iconic Lotus brand, the 3-Eleven is actually a rather interesting addition to the simulation and adds yet another potentially beginner friendly purpose built racing car.

With 450bp under the hood and all the skills and experience of the legendary Lotus manufacturer, the 3-Eleven is a lightweight, nimble and responsive racing car that should be well suited to close and hard competition both online and in the single player portion of the title.

When perusing the official Lotus website of the 3-Eleven, the British manufacturer are keen to emphasise the performance characteristics of the new machine:

"Designed as an uncompromised manifestation of the Lotus spirit, their new car is focused on providing an undiluted driving experience, and underlines the company’s ability to deliver legendary handling and blistering speed" say Lotus.​

Benefitting from a top speed of 174 mph and with a blistering 0 - 60 of just 3.3 seconds, this little pocket rocket weighs in at just 925 kg, retaining the Lotus tradition of super lightweight and incredible handling cars on both the road and track.

Built in the United Kingdom at the Lotus factory in Hethel, the 3-Eleven is the fastest and most expensive car Lotus have ever build (source, Autocar magazine).

Kunos had the following to say about the soon to be released car for Assetto Corsa:

Two variations of the Lotus 3-Eleven are available: Road and Race; both delivering an impressive combination of high performance, agility and precision. Based on the Road version, the Race includes a much more aggressive aero kit, a sequential gearbox and an FIA approved driver’s seat with a six-point harness.

Assetto Corsa simulates the Race version. With a dry weight of below 900kg (Race version), the 3-Eleven offers an enviable power to weight ratio, in excess of 500hp per tonne, and is capable of sprinting from 0-60 mph in less than 3.0 seconds before reaching a maximum speed of 290 km/h for the Race version.

Forming part of the 10 car strong 'Ready to Race' DLC for Assetto Corsa, players will be able to get their hands on the digital recreation of this stunning machine from tomorrow onwards for PC versions of the title.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. The 'Ready to Race' DLC is scheduled to launch on Thursday 18th May.

Assetto Corsa Lotus 3 Eleven 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Lotus 3 Eleven 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Lotus 3 Eleven 4.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

We hold regular league and club racing events across a variety of content found within the game, however to celebrate this mega new inclusion to Assetto Corsa we are holding a very special on off GT1 specification race on Sunday 21st May. Sign up here and get yourself in on the action

Another day, another Lotus! Are you excited to try your hand behind the wheel of the 3-Eleven? What other Lotus cars would you like to see in the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Would you say the same about the Audi R8 LMS 2016? "Well, we already have the 2015 version, so what's the point." No, you wouldn't. :p
Never heard such crazy talk all my life ,
People complaining over tracks non stop ,
Makes me sick to my stomach ,
If Kunos never made any Scanned tracks ,
The sheer investment alone , They could have added 200 tracks in AC ,
And these morons would be crying ,
We want scanned tracks , We want scanned tracks all day all night ,
You give them scanned tracks and they complain there is not enough ,
Yes there could be more scanned tracks obviously ,
But at what cost ? and who is paying 30-40-50k$ each for them ?

Patience is all thats needed these tracks are expensive and time consuming to build ,

But now complaining why to add a Lotus ?
We want this , We want that is just crazy ,

Come on people get realistic ,

If you want a track ,
Start a fund raising campaign , Get RD to make a thread about it and a news article ,
And get all the community to donate to this project ,
And pay Kunos to build the track and stop complaining about what you cant have ,

Simply enjoy whats been made .

From what I can gather they are very very similar - both on street tyres. The race has a little more DF, a little more power, a bit lighter and a paddle-shift gearbox.

The Cortina and Elan are on my "hope-to-have-time-to-make-in-future" list.
I don't know why I do it to myself but I still hold out hope Kunos will add an ETCC spec Cortina at some point :roflmao:

Patience is all thats needed these tracks are expensive and time consuming to build ,

If you want a track ,
Start a fund raising campaign , Get RD to make a thread about it and a news article ,
And pay Kunos to build the track and stop complaining about what you cant have ,

Honestly, Kunos has to be more open about the problems they are facing when it comes to adding more tracks. Communicate with your customers and let them know what is going on. You don't expect them to automatically and accurately predict the challenges and costs of getting a track into the game. Engage with them so they can understand.

View attachment 191379
With the 'Ready to Race' DLC for Assetto Corsa just around the corner, Kunos Simulazioni have today revealed the next car of the new pack.. Introducing the Lotus 3-Eleven...!

Although the simulation already has several models from the iconic Lotus brand, the 3-Eleven is actually a rather interesting addition to the simulation and adds yet another potentially beginner friendly purpose built racing car.

With 450bp under the hood and all the skills and experience of the legendary Lotus manufacturer, the 3-Eleven is a lightweight, nimble and responsive racing car that should be well suited to close and hard competition both online and in the single player portion of the title.

When perusing the official Lotus website of the 3-Eleven, the British manufacturer are keen to emphasise the performance characteristics of the new machine:

"Designed as an uncompromised manifestation of the Lotus spirit, their new car is focused on providing an undiluted driving experience, and underlines the company’s ability to deliver legendary handling and blistering speed" say Lotus.​

Benefitting from a top speed of 174 mph and with a blistering 0 - 60 of just 3.3 seconds, this little pocket rocket weighs in at just 925 kg, retaining the Lotus tradition of super lightweight and incredible handling cars on both the road and track.

Built in the United Kingdom at the Lotus factory in Hethel, the 3-Eleven is the fastest and most expensive car Lotus have ever build (source, Autocar magazine).

Kunos had the following to say about the soon to be released car for Assetto Corsa:

Two variations of the Lotus 3-Eleven are available: Road and Race; both delivering an impressive combination of high performance, agility and precision. Based on the Road version, the Race includes a much more aggressive aero kit, a sequential gearbox and an FIA approved driver’s seat with a six-point harness.

Assetto Corsa simulates the Race version. With a dry weight of below 900kg (Race version), the 3-Eleven offers an enviable power to weight ratio, in excess of 500hp per tonne, and is capable of sprinting from 0-60 mph in less than 3.0 seconds before reaching a maximum speed of 290 km/h for the Race version.

Forming part of the 10 car strong 'Ready to Race' DLC for Assetto Corsa, players will be able to get their hands on the digital recreation of this stunning machine from tomorrow onwards for PC versions of the title.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. The 'Ready to Race' DLC is scheduled to launch on Thursday 18th May.

View attachment 191378 View attachment 191380 View attachment 191381

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

We hold regular league and club racing events across a variety of content found within the game, however to celebrate this mega new inclusion to Assetto Corsa we are holding a very special on off GT1 specification race on Sunday 21st May. Sign up here and get yourself in on the action

Another day, another Lotus! Are you excited to try your hand behind the wheel of the 3-Eleven? What other Lotus cars would you like to see in the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Well this is an excellent addition to an awesome selection of Lotus vehicles. As an Elise owner, I am hoping that someday Kunos will include variations of the Elise and Exige to allow the roof to be removed, as then you get the real deal for feel and exhilaration (currently only the Exige roadster with flappy paddle - yeuch, allows the roof off feeling.. but Lotus is all about the driving experience - so it has to be manual Kunos) , which the 2-11 and 3-11 also provide in spades. Thanks Kunos for adding the 3-11. Kunos Please add Hethel test track , which was mooted in your press releases back in the early days - it would be an excellent addition to test all GT cars as much as being the perfect playground for the Lotus models you have lovingly created) and take the roof off some Elise and Exige variants :0) ... and , I'd love to see the Elise 220/250 Cup variants (since current Elises are the old S2 models) and the new Exige 380 Sport... I may be in the minority, but the Lotus ethos of Light is Right, makes for some awesome simulated vehicles in Assetto. And they sound, look and drive amazingly - Thanks Kunos and keep up the good work. :) Lotus driving in VR with Oculus is awesome and seeing all the Lotus stable realised in 3D in VR - priceless :) thank you

EDIT - PLEASE ENSURE ANY LOTUS IS AVAILABLE AS EITHER MANUAL OR FLAPPY PADDLE... and if the 3-11 Race version is only paddle shift, can we have the road variant with a manual as an option... THANK YOU. :)

Last edited:
I'm 90% sure that this car was already in the game. Unless we're getting a Lotus Espirit or F1 car, I don't really see the point in adding more of them to AC.

90? I'm 100% sure you should ask KS to reimburse your purchase, let you keep the game and give you all further DLCs for free so you can stop whining like a child about what content they should or should not add to the game. The rest of the world can still buy or not buy them and/or use the Assetto Corsa forums to tell the developers what cars they would wish to see in the game. Which you could also.

If you want a track ,

100% agree
I am really new in these forums (ac and rd) but i am in german "old hase" (old stager??) in forums at all.
This complaining and moaning is so.... kindergarten. Boah.
But, okay, so are people.
I am happy about EVERY car. Sometimes more happy, sometimes not.
Think its a little bit spirit of age to complain and write negative things.
Thank you Kunos for this amazing DLC and this amazing car!

(and no doubt about this - i am not a Fanboy. Much too old for this things. I only love good work and when its done with brain and heart i love it more!)

100% agree
I am really new in these forums (ac and rd) but i am in german "old hase" (old stager??) in forums at all.
This complaining and moaning is so.... kindergarten. Boah.
But, okay, so are people.
I am happy about EVERY car. Sometimes more happy, sometimes not.
Think its a little bit spirit of age to complain and write negative things.
Thank you Kunos for this amazing DLC and this amazing car!

(and no doubt about this - i am not a Fanboy. Much too old for this things. I only love good work and when its done with brain and heart i love it more!)
Yeah well said man ,
Awesome DLC :D

More cars of any type are always welcome, but like others have said I really want to see a Lotus Cortina, Jim Clark's old car :)
Lotus Carlton would be awesome also. Anyone remember them?

Lotus Carlton would be awesome also. Anyone remember them?

Remember? That Monster is on my mind every day (windows-background). Bought Horizon 2 just to give that Thing a crusie.
Well, its very heavy and should come with company like M5 e34 or Audi RS2.
Definitelly a blast with AC's physics.

WIth the announcement of this pack the 3-11 was the car that's the least known to me. After a youtube-session I know that I will try this first on Brands hatch.

Remember? That Monster is on my mind every day (windows-background). Bought Horizon 2 just to give that Thing a crusie.
Well, its very heavy and should come with company like M5 e34 or Audi RS2.
Definitelly a blast with AC's physics.

WIth the announcement of this pack the 3-11 was the car that's the least known to me. After a youtube-session I know that I will try this first on Brands hatch.
My 1st choice too , This car is a cracker :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back