Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RD Advanced Racing Academy.jpg

RaceDepartment are proud to announce two new Assetto Corsa "Advanced Driving Academy" events for the US and EU time zone beginning this Monday 29th January...

If you are looking to make the most of your racing experience in Assetto Corsa and are hungry to learn new skills, unlock more pace, develop your racecraft and understand more about the little tricks that help put together that perfect performance, then the brand new Assetto Corsa Advanced Driver Academy could be for you!

Hosted in time zones suitable for our US and EU drivers, these two brand new Academy events will be direct and focussed sessions that aim to support our drivers in becoming faster and more versatile behind the wheel of their virtual racing machines.

Run by skilled and experienced RaceDepartment staff members, we aim to offer individual support to drivers as we guide them from such varied topics as making the most of the Assetto Corsa software, setting up your teamspeak and controller settings, maximising car setups and general tricks, right the way through to helping you develop your on track performance and race craft. You want help, we got you covered!

So who can join?
The Advanced Driving Academy is available to all RaceDepartment Premium members and is suitable for those with a little or a lot of experience behind the virtual wheel. Additional sessions for absolute beginners or those looking to make multiple seconds of laptime gain will be accommodated in additional rookie orientated sessions over and above these events.

When do they run?
We will be host two sessions per series, with start times designed to support our drivers in the US and EU time zones.

The first of the series will begin on Monday 29th January, with places limited to 10 drivers in order to ensure dedicated support is possible from our experience tutors.

How to I sign up?
US time zones can register for a place HERE. US sessions begin at 20:00 EST
EU time zones can register for a place HERE. EU sessions begin at 20:00 GMT

Just leave a post in the session thread asking for a slot on the server and await your acceptance! Be warned, places are likely to fill up very quickly indeed, so act quickly or be prepared to miss out on a spot!

Will more events be added?
Yes! We will run these Advanced Academy sessions on a bi weekly basis, beginning Monday 29th January (see links above) and running throughout the year. This is a wonderful opportunity to find your hidden Senna supported by experienced and accomplished tutors in a environment conductive to learning and having fun. Will it make you an alien? No. Will it help you get more from your Assetto Corsa experience and bring yourself closer, faster, to your ultimate potential? Yes we honestly think it will. Head over, get involved and see if you can unlock those missing ingredients that are vital to enriching your online racing experience here at RaceDepartment.com..

We love sim racing here at RaceDepartment, it is a passion that burns deep within the very soul of each and every member of our dedicated staff here at the site. We want to share and spread that passion, we want each and every member of our outstanding community to have the opportunity to experience our chosen hobby in the best way we know how, based on over 12 years of experience as a dedicated sim racing website and community. We feel one of the best ways to experience the full spectrum of pleasure available from sim racing is to compete with your fellow man online, virtual machine vs virtual machine. To facilitate this experience we offer a range of high quality organised race events, from races for the less experienced to those looking for a bigger challenge, we have you covered!

Check out the full list of Assetto Corsa race events we have available to join in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum. Updated daily!

Love sim racing? We do too!

Last edited:
With only 10 spots available per session, getting in early will be paramount. This is brilliant, a huge step forward in bringing the average driver closer to the front of the pack.

I tip my hat to RD and it's awesome staff who are always thinking of, and finding, new ways to make our hobby/sport more enjoyable & professional, thanks guys, I think many here would agree, you're efforts are appreciated more than you know.

A great idea !
We did it last year in a italian sim racing group just before a championship.
It's always cool to learn something new, from others knowledge or even expériences.
Adding the fact that even if we race on track and there is competition, we can share, give and take advices, all this, for a better experience, and if you have a bit of luck making new friends :)

I'm going to be attending my first Raceroom Driver Academy tomorrow (which I assume will be more basic than this one?), as that's my preferred sim and my experience is very basic (I was just getting started in 2016, then sustained a serious injury which prevented me using a wheel for almost a year). Will I still be able to benefit from the Advanced Academy following this and will you also be running a similar Advanced Academy for Raceroom, or will this be AC-only?

I do own AC, but I haven't managed to be able to get it setup to my liking yet (haven't got FFB feeling right for my T300 yet). Thanks!

BTW will there also be any possibility of one-to-one tuition, paid or otherwise? Thanks

I'm going to be attending my first Raceroom Driver Academy tomorrow (which I assume will be more basic than this one?), as that's my preferred sim and my experience is very basic (I was just getting started in 2016, then sustained a serious injury which prevented me using a wheel for almost a year). Will I still be able to benefit from the Advanced Academy following this and will you also be running a similar Advanced Academy for Raceroom, or will this be AC-only?

I do own AC, but I haven't managed to be able to get it setup to my liking yet (haven't got FFB feeling right for my T300 yet). Thanks!

BTW will there also be any possibility of one-to-one tuition, paid or otherwise? Thanks
Right now, we only have time to do this for AC. We volunteer a lot of man hours into what we all love here at RD, just like you all do with your answers to other members, making skins, tracks, mods etc etc. We're just doing our little part. One on one would be nice, but I just don't have enough time.

Do I think you would benefit from AC? Probably. Even though the sims are different, driving lines, braking and setups are universal in racing. You just have to learn the quirks from one sim or another:thumbsup:

Right now, we only have time to do this for AC. We volunteer a lot of man hours into what we all love here at RD, just like you all do with your answers to other members, making skins, tracks, mods etc etc. We're just doing our little part. One on one would be nice, but I just don't have enough time.

Understood, it's just that I think I need all the help I can get, LOL! :)

Do I think you would benefit from AC? Probably. Even though the sims are different, driving lines, braking and setups are universal in racing. You just have to learn the quirks from one sim or another:thumbsup:

Okay, I'll probably give this a go once the lessons from my Raceroom Academy session have sunk in, and will try get AC better dialed-in for me

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000