Interview with Gregory Degreef

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
Our interviews with the top rankers series continues with Gregory Degreef, which is now on 4th place of RD Rankings.

Q. Thanks for accepting our interview offer Gregory. Now please tell us about yourself? What do you do? Where do you live? Family?

A: Hello all, i'm Gregory Degreef, i'm living in Belgium(Brussels) and im 33 years old. No work(some problem with knee after a stupid bike crash in 2006) no girl, no kids, only with my best friend Laika (my dog). I studied auto mechanics. My last job was "truck driving". I cant live without "racing", i started at 5 years old with motocross, from 11 i started driving with the car of my dad, since my 18 i drive with "road" bikes, started with Ducati Monstro 600 then i traded it with a ZXR 750 and some funny and stupid guys stole it (with drops of oil which was sinking to exhaust, braking engine some days before) after that i bought a ZX9R and drove 3 years with it before a stupid "crash" at 60KM/h and 2 turns before my house... :s. In 2003 i rent a rally car(Opel Manta GSI) for the "21th Rally van de Suikerstreek"(national rally).

Q. How did you start simracing?

A: I started "simracing" with "DTM race driver 3" where i met with 2 friendly guys from Quebec(Pierre and Viktor_QC). From there we went to Race07.

Q. How did you find out RaceDepartment?

A:Euuuh... lol. I dont remember exactly how... i think i was in search after setups and tips...

Q. Now you are 4th on our rankings, did you work hard for this or did you just race as usual?

A: I worked hard for the race in league but not really for the club events.

gregory.jpg

Q. How did you improve your driving skills?

A: I dont think i improved my driving style. Racing lines, control of the car is in your blood or not (what a big mouth, i know lool), i only improved setup and track experience.

Q. What's your favorite simracing game?

A: rFactor

Q. Your favorite discipline to drive?

A: Touring cars

Q. Who are your most competitive and hard rivals here?

A: A lot... all RPM guys lool

Q. Your greatest race in RD?

A: All races were great... Especially when i win...

Q. Do you have any funny memories about RD Forum or Club Events?

A: I can't count all funny memories... here is everyday something funny.

Q. Your steering wheel?

A: G27(thx Logitech )

Q. What do you think about RD Servers' racing standards, is it worse than past or better now?

A: Maybe i missed something somewhere but i dont see a big change.. at least it is not worse...

Q. When will you stop simracing?

A: NEVER!!!! It's the only thing what i'm still able to do... lool

Q. Are you following reallife motorsports? If so which series?

A: MotoGP!!! Would like to follow the V8 Supercars but not possible here... :(

Q. Latest movie you watched?

A: Les Infirmieres (The Nurses) from Marc Dorcel... loool

Q. What's your life dream?

A: Again driving with a bike and (or) some laps with a V8Supercars

Q. Do you have a phobia?

A: I dont think... dont know lool

Q. Our typical question, you are going to live on a deserted island. And which 5 things would you bring there?

-A girl
-My dog
-Canabis seeds
-Some friends
-Music

Thanks for answering our questions Gregory, i wish you good luck and happy racing mate.

Thank you.. cya all.

LOL Greg! You will be hard pushed to find a better racer, friend and competitor. Always fair, often funny and devastatingly QUICK! Its always a pleasure to share a track with this guy!:)

Beep_Greg Indeed!!!!!!! Slayer of Publics and a master of on track fun! But canibis seeds? you forgot something to eat and drink! Buzz kill!!!!:tongue:

Seriously one of the nice guys at RD and always a pleasure to drive with or against.:cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back