Installed but not running at all (unsolved mystery)

F

FelipeFan

• FelipeFan

Hey,

I bought this game today and I've installed it abotu 4 times now and every single time it's not even done the config it said it would do in the manual instantly, I have to do it myself.

Okay so thats okay, but the game doesn't actually even run AT ALL!!

I don't know what else to try now, cause I'm just getting annoied at it now.

I bought it at GAME in the UK and they said I won't be able to return it!! LAME!!

Any help would be ace!!

Late

• FelipeFan

Unable to launch GTR evolution

Hey,

Basically I am completely unable to launch GTR evolution independant of Steam, which I don't want to use.

I've bought the game and have it on DVD but whenever I double click to start it, it just loads for about 10 seconds then doesn't do anything else.

Is it something I've got to do in the installation process??

Later

You could check to disable Disk Image software.
For instance Deamontools or PowerIso.
These can conflict with the copy protection.
A no-cd patch can also work, but only for the offline version.
I use it so i don't have to put the cd in all the time.
Or worse scratch it.
I won't tell you where to obtain this.
But google should be able to find it.

• FelipeFan

Cheers guys.

I haven't even installed the online version of the game becuase I know i'd never use it.

However, when I don't use steam and I look in my Simbin\GTRevolutionoffline\ I can seem to find the Gamedata file!!

HELP!!

• FelipeFan

Hey again,

Basically I've sussed it nowby using a no-cd patch and it works perfectly now.

I was getting a stuttering problem and going from 60 fps to 2 fps but I turned off v-sync on the configuration and now can run the game in Max graphics going at the fps range 45-65.

SORTED!!

• FelipeFan

Installed but not running at all

Ah...well I hate to break the news but the stuttering is back and it's even worse now.

I didn't change anything between times all I did was turn off the PC last night and turned it on this morning to find that it was back to its old self again!! ARGH

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back