rF2 Indy Car @ Singapore by night - Mon 17th Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I need to withdraw, unfortunately. The kerbs are too predictable, or I'm just too pathetic to drive them, but I WILL ruin someone else's race.

Hope to see you at another circuit that may be dumbed down enough for my driving standards.

@Gijs van Elderen I Thought I could pull this off without practice. I have gotten very, very busy. Please pull me out of the Wednesday race also. Just don't have the time to practice right now. Please accept my apology. GLA

My race was a tale of two spinners tonight, on about lap 2 I think it was David and another car spun or tangled ahead of me just before the last turn, I touched my brake to try and avoid them and span into the pit lane, I had to drive down through the pit lane with my limiter on to rejoin the race :D I concentrated on putting clean laps in and hunting down Joao who was about ten seconds ahead of me, I had it down to about 2 seconds with about 4 minutes or so of the race left when I think it was Matej spun ahead of me and once again in trying to avoid him I had a mishap and lost my front wing, off to the pits for a new one and out again to finish 5th, excellent racing round this circuit, really enjoyable nights fun, thanks.

My race was a tale of two spinners tonight, on about lap 2 I think it was David and another car spun or tangled ahead of me just before the last turn, I touched my brake to try and avoid them and span into the pit lane, I had to drive down through the pit lane with my limiter on to rejoin the race :D I concentrated on putting clean laps in and hunting down Joao who was about ten seconds ahead of me, I had it down to about 2 seconds with about 4 minutes or so of the race left when I think it was Matej spun ahead of me and once again in trying to avoid him I had a mishap and lost my front wing, off to the pits for a new one and out again to finish 5th, excellent racing round this circuit, really enjoyable nights fun, thanks.

In the aftermath of the spin I could see your name going down pit lane and figured that was the cleverest move ever seen to avoid a blocked track!

I had fun, this track creates mayhem. I got a great start and was P2. Matej made a good move into T1 and sealed the deal but in T3 he spun off and I collected him and rejoined in P4 or 5.
My later mishap put me at the back and I plodded on, but others issues put me in P4. I had a race lap of 1:50 so I'm happy with that.

Thanks all.

Martin ...

... even if I had two spins, but in first minutes of the race :D.

I think, David and me were in first chicane of second lap on your way, it was my fault and I am not happy because that poor driving :(.
Otherwise, great evening again, Nicolas was the fastest and untouchable, but all the other guys on the grid were also very fast in the race. I enjoyed every second of the race, thanks all and cya next time :thumbsup:.

So, after Sonoma I win again with 2-3 guys I have lapped ! I think that those kind of track with many 90° turns and lot of braking points are those where I give my best (always in Open-wheel), compared to the others players !
But some very fast guys (who have played at Interlagos in DW12 2 weeks ago) weren't been here that night, and they would have probably seriously challlenged me (I think it's Dewald Nel, Marcel Gerber and Eugene von Loggerenberg).

Of course I know how to play that DW12 to be quick: it's all about pull the throttle just before clip the apex.My setup was suited for that track of course.

Not a bad result for me since i was really struggling on those narrow corners.

In practice i wasn't comfortable wit the car and after a few laps things weren't looking good.:(

Qualy went better and i started to improve. Those practice laps were a good learning experience.:thumbsup:

With my pace still far from the fastest guys i went for the race with extreme caution to avoid any big accident. I managed to avoid most of it and with a consistent and secure pace i was gaining places. So again my strategy of slower but without big incidents was successful.:D:p

In the end had another fun race. Thanks to all. ;)

I was just a few 0,001 sec of pace.:whistling: I got lapped once or twice.:whistling:

But i had great fun and a good laugh. :D

I guess i'm so used to drive through the shopping center with my wife ==> Slow down! Ooo, look at those shoes, and they are cheap... (probably not!) :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back