Immersive 3rd Person Camera

MGP17 Immersive 3rd Person Camera 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
DOODL38UG submitted a new resource:

Immersive 3rd Person Camera - A closer more immersive 3rd person perspective

This is a much closer 3rd person chase camera to feel more immersed in the action for those who don't quite want to go all the way to 1st person.
Take a look at my video for a quick 3 lap demonstration race.
I have spent a lot of time tweaking so it works quite nicely across all classes, in my humble opinion.
Please feel free to leave some feedback if you would like and i hope you enjoy!

WARNING! Do not use this Data.mix...

Read more about this resource...

But how did you manage to end up with 98 MB big data.mix file, compared with all other which are about 20 ? :unsure:
I'd like to say 78mb more effort but I've honestly no idea lol. As I said it's my first mod. I will look into and sort it but don't worry, 98mb is still tiny in the grand scheme of things! ;)

Have you tried it and do you like it? That's the million dollar question.
EDIT: Now fixed!! Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Last edited:
It looks A LOT like the second camera on my Total FX mod...............................
Also when you look back...............................

CatsAreTheWorstDogs, way to go, i dont care ;)
I just made my own version from my own data.mix to suit my own needs! Nothing was copied i can assure you. Any similarities are purely coincidental :rolleyes:
At the end of the day we are all modding someone else's (Milestone) work and have no claims over ownership ;)

Last edited:
Man, I know I have asked for closer cameras:D but I feel now like they a bit too close.
Since you have three of them, can't you "spread" hem a little bit more ? Not like Milestone did ofc but still... :x3: a bit more ? Maybe if we could see the whole bike on third one ? The rest is just perfect to me.

Man, I know I have asked for closer cameras:D but I feel now like they a bit too close.
Since you have three of them, can't you "spread" hem a little bit more ? Not like Milestone did ofc but still... :x3: a bit more ? Maybe if we could see the whole bike on third one ? The rest is just perfect to me.
Ok. I can do that for you. I will just change the third one. Personally i love the first one most as i feel the most attached to the bike then.
Stay Tooned! ;)

Thank you mate for fulfill my request, really.:thumbsup: But if I may say what I mean... the 2nd and the 3rd cams are very similar, are you sure you only move third one ?

First one and second are great.
And the third one... good FOV but could be moved more to the back, like I said... it's too close to the spot of 2nd one. First one and second are so different then 2nd and third looks almost the same.

Cockpit cams have a little bit too big FOV, compared with front cam in which you can't see any part of the bike. Check it for yourself if you don't believe me. :) Take screenshots then compare. Look how much you can see on side. I think a little less FOV would be great for "immersion", bigger FOV give you bigger sense of speed but takes out that feel of actually "being there".

But do I have to talk you about that, you did exactly that for external views, maybe you can do same for cockpit views too ? :)
Thank you and ...sorry. :x3:

Last edited:
Thank you mate for fulfill my request, really.:thumbsup: But if I may say what I mean... the 2nd and the 3rd cams are very similar, are you sure you only move third one ?

First one and second are great.
And the third one... good FOV but could be moved more to the back, like I said... it's too close to the spot of 2nd one. First one and second are so different then 2nd and third looks almost the same.

Cockpit cams have a little bit too big FOV, compared with front cam in which you can't see any part of the bike. Check it for yourself if you don't believe me. :) Take screenshots then compare. Look how much you can see on side. I think a little less FOV would be great for "immersion", bigger FOV give you bigger sense of speed but takes out that feel of actually "being there".

But do I have to talk you about that, you did exactly that for external views, maybe you can do same for cockpit views too ? :)
Thank you and ...sorry. :x3:
I can move the third one out a bit more for sure.:thumbsup: Do you want to see the whole bike plus some of the track behind the back wheel?
This mod was intended for closer cameras, closer than all the default ones. If i move the third much more it will be getting back to the default view? i.e. The default value is 3.5, my value is 2.9. I could increase it to 3.1/2 but no more as you might as well not use this mod :confused:
As for everything else you are saying, i have not touched any other values. I have only adjusted the distance from rider of the first three cameras. I have not altered any cockpit cams or any FOV on any of the cameras. I don't really use the cockpit cams so i have had no interest in adjusting them at the moment. I hope this helps you. Thanks for your input & feedback!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back