1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Immersive 3rd Person Camera 1.5

A closer more immersive 3rd person perspective

1. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
    DOODL38UG submitted a new resource:

Immersive 3rd Person Camera - A closer more immersive 3rd person perspective

Read more about this resource...

2. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +318
    Video is looking great!
    Looking forward to test it! :)

3. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you! This is my first attempt at modding!. I couldn't find a camera mod that really suited my play style so i decided to have a crack myself. ;)
    I hope you like it.

4. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +318
    But how did you manage to end up with 98 MB big data.mix file, compared with all other which are about 20 ? :unsure:

5. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
    I'd like to say 78mb more effort but I've honestly no idea lol. As I said it's my first mod. I will look into and sort it but don't worry, 98mb is still tiny in the grand scheme of things! ;)

Have you tried it and do you like it? That's the million dollar question.
    EDIT: Now fixed!! Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  6. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
  7. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
  8. Alberto Zanot

Alberto Zanot

Ratings:
    +35
    It looks A LOT like the second camera on my Total FX mod...............................
    Also when you look back...............................

Bytheway, way to go, i dont care ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
    I just made my own version from my own data.mix to suit my own needs! Nothing was copied i can assure you. Any similarities are purely coincidental :rolleyes:
    At the end of the day we are all modding someone else's (Milestone) work and have no claims over ownership ;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  10. Alberto Zanot

Alberto Zanot

Ratings:
    +35
    True story, and well done! I was joking ;)

11. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
  12. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +318
    Man, I know I have asked for closer cameras:D but I feel now like they a bit too close.
    Since you have three of them, can't you "spread" hem a little bit more ? Not like Milestone did ofc but still... :x3: a bit more ? Maybe if we could see the whole bike on third one ? The rest is just perfect to me.

13. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok. I can do that for you. I will just change the third one. Personally i love the first one most as i feel the most attached to the bike then.
    Stay Tooned! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
  15. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +318
    Thank you mate for fulfill my request, really.:thumbsup: But if I may say what I mean... the 2nd and the 3rd cams are very similar, are you sure you only move third one ?

First one and second are great.
    And the third one... good FOV but could be moved more to the back, like I said... it's too close to the spot of 2nd one. First one and second are so different then 2nd and third looks almost the same.

Cockpit cams have a little bit too big FOV, compared with front cam in which you can't see any part of the bike. Check it for yourself if you don't believe me. :) Take screenshots then compare. Look how much you can see on side. I think a little less FOV would be great for "immersion", bigger FOV give you bigger sense of speed but takes out that feel of actually "being there".

But do I have to talk you about that, you did exactly that for external views, maybe you can do same for cockpit views too ? :)
    Thank you and ...sorry. :x3:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  16. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2
    I can move the third one out a bit more for sure.:thumbsup: Do you want to see the whole bike plus some of the track behind the back wheel?
    This mod was intended for closer cameras, closer than all the default ones. If i move the third much more it will be getting back to the default view? i.e. The default value is 3.5, my value is 2.9. I could increase it to 3.1/2 but no more as you might as well not use this mod :confused:
    As for everything else you are saying, i have not touched any other values. I have only adjusted the distance from rider of the first three cameras. I have not altered any cockpit cams or any FOV on any of the cameras. I don't really use the cockpit cams so i have had no interest in adjusting them at the moment. I hope this helps you. Thanks for your input & feedback!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  17. DOODL38UG

DOODL38UG

Ratings:
    +2