1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

I'm not too familiar with FRAPS.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohamedou Ari, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +603
    When I recorded a lap of RACE 07 in 1366x768, and, attempted to upload on YouTube, the uploader says it would take days for it to fully upload since it was in .avi format.

Do I need to convert the format or do I need to downscale to another resolution?

2. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    FRAPS records uncompressed .avi files. There might be a setting for it to compress it, look for that.
    You can also use the uncompressed .avi viles in VirtualDub, and encode them using H.264 for example.

3. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    No, Fraps can't compress videos on the fly. DXTory can. You can, however, convert it to a more YouTube friendly format like .mp4 before uploading.

AviDemux should be sufficient for that. :)

4. Henry Muller

Henry Muller

Ratings:
    +5
  5. Dave Clayton

Dave Clayton

Ratings:
    +5
    Use MSI afterburner this does compress with minimal loss to quality. Plus you can overclock graphics card, monitor temps, limit framerates without the need of vsync.

Everyone should use it.

6. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    Everyone should use it unless it causes issues with other software they might be running, like a program to OC the CPU, which normally does conflict with this software. Choices that have to be made, go figure :)

7. Dave Clayton

Dave Clayton

Ratings:
    +5
    On a side note I wouldn't be overclocking the CPU with software, always advisable to do it in the BIOS. Modern day CPU's are so much easier to overclock than they used to be.

8. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    I am the same way Dave, but had to throw that out there as I know that the software will conflict hehe.

9. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I use Windows Movie Maker to compress the Fraps video then post it to YouTube.