1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting twitchy

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by jimortality, Dec 31, 2014.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I'm an idiot! I have a perfectly working lovely Dell 29" ultra wide monitor 2560 x 1080 but I'm getting twitchy and started looking at tv's to mount on my rig. I now need you all to tell me to stop being an arse, grow up and stop wasting money!!!!
    Happy New Year :)

2. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

Tell me about it :), been looking at 32" screens(monitors) for ages, would be hell of a stepup from my 24" I use now :inlove:
    Lets see what the January sales bring.....:laugh:

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

32" screen are too expensive but a 40" Sony tv in argos at £299 is getting me twitchy and my rig stand can hold up to 42"

4. If you get a TV, make sure you buy one that doesn't have a ton of input lag, most TVs do and that's why they make for bad gaming screens.

5. I use 3 39" TV's. It's sick!

6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Yeah you're right. How are you getting on with your Dell?

7. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Just checked a review of the Sony I was looking at and with the Leo Bodnar input lag tester, it has 42ms lolololol that's that over with. I've slapped myself and I'm going to do the sensible thing and carry on with with my Dell.

8. I love my Dell very much, but if I had room for triples it would have to go, that or if I had the wallet for a 34" 21:9 from LG :p

9. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

Not this one is it? Had my eye on this for months, coming down in price......was £799 not so long ago :O_o:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-106-LG

10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Yeah those LG 34 are expensive. I have room for triples but I would want to upgrade my 770 card so the expense just keeps going up. My only issue with the 29" is some games don't have 2560 res so you end up with the side bars and it looks crap so apart from using 1980 x1080 any other suggestions? Luckily, RF2 caters for 2560 res so that's all good.

11. Many games that don't support 21:9 reso can still be run in "Windowed mode" and then "Fullscreen", which makes the game adopt your desktop resolution of 2560x1080. An example of this is just about every Blizzard game.
    Other than that I dunno, you could run the game at 1920x1080 and have the monitor stretch or zoom the image to fit the entire screen, but it's not gonna look great imo. I don't play any games that won't run full screen but I don't find the black bars on the sides that disturbing when watching movies.

12. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

To be honest, that's what's holding me back is whether RF2, GSCe, AC etc would support a resolution of 3440X1440, pointless spending all that money to play in the same resolution I'm getting now :cautious:

13. I don't care about the resolution so much, as long as I can't see individual pixels I would be fine with 1080p on a 34", not sure if I would or not though.

14. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

RF2 and GSCE are fine in 2560 x 1080p but not sure about any higher on a single screen.

15. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

16. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Sorry for getting you all excited with a new monitor thread but I'm going to be sensible and keep my ultra widescreen Dell.