I'm getting twitchy

I'm an idiot! I have a perfectly working lovely Dell 29" ultra wide monitor 2560 x 1080 but I'm getting twitchy and started looking at tv's to mount on my rig. I now need you all to tell me to stop being an arse, grow up and stop wasting money!!!!
Happy New Year :)

Ah there's the one, rumor has it the Dell 34" is using that same LG panel. I'd go for the Dell personally for two, to me very important, reasons;
- Adjustable foot, I first got myself a ASUS 29" 21:9 monitor with a static foot and it just didn't cut it for simracing, as I could not adjust the height of the monitor in relation to my wheel. The Dell monitor allows this and I love it for it ^^
- Warranty and support, any monitor this big from Dell comes with free telephone and Next Business Day support, so if you encounter problems you'll have UPS at your door the next day with a new monitor picking up the faulty one and returning it.

Upvote 0
Ah there's the one, rumor has it the Dell 34" is using that same LG panel. I'd go for the Dell personally for two, to me very important, reasons;
- Adjustable foot, I first got myself a ASUS 29" 21:9 monitor with a static foot and it just didn't cut it for simracing, as I could not adjust the height of the monitor in relation to my wheel. The Dell monitor allows this and I love it for it ^^
- Warranty and support, any monitor this big from Dell comes with free telephone and Next Business Day support, so if you encounter problems you'll have UPS at your door the next day with a new monitor picking up the faulty one and returning it.

Yea, I prefer Dell too I had a hunch they were very likely using the same panel. The review was quite good for the LG so I'm sure the Dell will also be very nice. I'm currently using a Dell 3011, 30" 2560x1600 and love it.

Upvote 0
I've been holding out for a proper 34" 4k display, preferably 120Hz with G-sync but it looks like that's probably still another year or so away. This Dell or LG is about as close as I'm going to get for a while but I do wish there were better support for 21:9 ratio so that's really the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back