If you could do a track day in your....

If you could do a track day in your own car (or a borrowed one), which F1 track would you choose to do it on?

It would have to be Spa for me. And I would have to borrow a car as I currently drive an automatic estate with soggy suspension.

EDIT: In any road legal sports car.

That's what I meant. The model between 1995 and 1997.;)

EDIT: or 1993 to 1997.

My car is a 1997 Porsche 911 993 Carrera 2.

I lust for a GT3RS 4.0L, but my 993C2 has been an excellent car to learn on. It's definitely not a slow car, but also not over powering to the point where I get into trouble with it. Put an experienced driver in a GT3 and I do not have a hope in hell of keeping up to them, but put an inexperienced driver in the same GT3 and I am passing them. This is because I can drive my 993 at my limit which is pretty damn close to the limit of the car. You know what they say, "The faster the car, the better of a driver you need to be". But it is a treat when I get to ride along with an experienced driver in a super car. I got to ride with Allen Berg one day (an instructor I have used in the past and a man who competed in F1 during the 1986 season) and it was just incredible how smooth yet how fast he was. But I am getting off topic ...

Suzuka and Spa are two of my favorites, but in all honesty I would love to track at all of them.

My car is a 1997 Porsche 911 993 Carrera 2.

I lust for a GT3RS 4.0L, but my 993C2 has been an excellent car to learn on. It's definitely not a slow car, but also not over powering to the point where I get into trouble with it. Put an experienced driver in a GT3 and I do not have a hope in hell of keeping up to them, but put an inexperienced driver in the same GT3 and I am passing them. This is because I can drive my 993 at my limit which is pretty damn close to the limit of the car. You know what they say, "The faster the car, the better of a driver you need to be". But it is a treat when I get to ride along with an experienced driver in a super car. I got to ride with Allen Berg one day (an instructor I have used in the past and a man who competed in F1 during the 1986 season) and it was just incredible how smooth yet how fast he was. But I am getting off topic ...

Suzuka and Spa are two of my favorites, but in all honesty I would love to track at all of them.
A welcome off-topic post. The 993 is my favourite Porsche, Prefer it to the 996. There is something about the 996 that looks like it has less character.
GT3RS words can't describe. I know someone with an orange and black one.

The 993 is my favourite Porsche,

It is a much sought after, much appreciated car. :thumbsup:

I have yet to drive the 993 Turbo version, but last year at my local track two guys showed up one day each one of them driving a 993 Turbo. So I made a point to do a ride along with both drivers. Even as a passenger I could immediately notice the difference with how the all wheel drive turbo tracked exiting out of the corners versus how my rear wheel drive 993 Carrera tracked. Plus the acceleration of the 993 Turbo was just so much better than my car. Both drivers were experienced and both were fast. But that is where the similarities ended. One driver was smooth with his control inputs while the other guy drove on the edge of control. Very cool experience being able to ride along with experienced drivers in their fast cars. Now I could only imagine how cool it would be to play with a sick car down at Spa, Suzuka or my favorite Nordschleife.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back